It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I just being prickily?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The longer I live the more I tend to ask questions that make people very upset. Here are a few examples.

I am talking to my sig other and they seemed to be impressed that some huge corp is raising their corporations min wage to $15.00 an hour because of the tax changes that were just announced. Well immediately my mind asks what % of this very profitable corps workers work for a wage less than $15.00an hour?

(Needless to say my probing question did not impress.)

But we continued with the conversation, and the fact that another large corp is "giving" $2000 bonuses to their employees because of the tax cuts. My response is that if the tax cuts are to make American corporations more competitive why give anyone a bonus? Giving bonuses will make US corporation less competitive. And my thoughts were that the corps should go on that hiring binge we hear so much about.

(My sig other was not liking the rain I was putting on the parade, but I continued to impress.)

I then said that a bonus is better than an actual raise (from a corporations point of view) to an employee, a bonus it is a one and done approach. Giving a raise is a commitment to an employee, unless they cut benefits to "even things out".

(The conversation did not go well.)

I see these situations many times a week. I usually bite my tongue because I do not want to constantly be interrupting the general public's bliss. But rarely do I see bliss, I usually see a square peg going through a round hole. And the pegs seem to dazzle those around me but what is tend to see BS.

Do you guys have this issue or is it just me?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Tldr. But yes it's probably just you being a prick(ly)......

Merry Christmas.

edit on 22-12-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

There are many ways to improve GDP. Tax cuts for the top 1% may not be the most effective. The last 2 times trickle down did not work. Maybe this time it will because Trump has magical GDP abilities. But I kind of doubt it but I want to believe it will work like I believe in extraterrestrials.

edit on 22-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Merry Christmas,

I'm not mean of condescending when I discuss things like the above examples. I think I just look at things from a realistic perspective and do not think that the media in general is looking out for the average person. They are looking out for the corps.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I predicted a long time ago it doesn't matter if Trump wins or Hillary wins. The lobbyists continue to define domestic policy. The CFR continues to define foreign policy. NOTHING WILL CHANGE. And at the end of whoever is president the rich will be richer, and the poor will be poorer. Tax cuts for the top 1% just accelerate and deepen the wealth inequality divide.

You can ignore the content of this video. But this is just not going away:

I think when this is over all you Trumpees will be disappointed just like everyone was with Obama. NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You're only being prickly to the soft skinned.

If I were you I would leave those types of questions/observations for the intellectual crowd who appreciate critical thinking and questioning of the status quo. They were having a casual conversation and you were trying to make it serious. So yeah, you were being a prick.

You and your S.O. obviously have enough in common to where this point of contention isn't TOO sharp, but still, why stir the pot you have to eat out of?
edit on 22-12-2017 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Agreed. Trickle down is a hard boning to the middle class.

A flat tax is the only solution. And the wealthy and poor would scream for war.

If we truly want a stronger working class, a livable wage applied to both US and foreign products would do exactly that. Of course there would be ramifications to the inevitable tariffs, cross that bridge.

link   

Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I am talking to my sig other

You must be pretty young then, a wise man once told me to pick your battles wisely, if your so tells you the sky is purple then it is.

Happy wife happy life.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It's like raising children who have obvious differences. You're not doing it right if they all don't scream bloody murder every once in a while.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

You are more than likely right.

But I have a hard time small talking. Always have, but I used to cover it up with jokes. Lately I (think) see more and more sunshine being blown up corn holes from the press. Perhaps I need to get out more?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You really got to stop spitting this very misleading line. Did the top 1% get their taxes cut as well? Yup. Did the rest of America get their taxes cut as well? Yea you bet. The taxes are being cut for literally like 80% or more of Americans. So why the hard on for only the top 1% when at least 79% of the rest of the population also gets their cut???

The next step is cut the mafiaosos unions from standing between you and your employer pretending to work in your interests, but really just skimming off most of the benefits they allege to bring you in expensive dues.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Oh, there was no battle. Just a difference in approach to interrupting a media spun story.

And maybe it is the difference that male/female see things from and process them.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Ummm...he said prick...Lee...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Agreed. Trickle down is a hard boning to the middle class.

If we truly want a stronger working class, a livable wage applied to both US and foreign products would do exactly that. Of course there would be ramifications to the inevitable tariffs, cross that bridge.

Most of the wealthy would prefer a flat tax. The poor probably would too. The problem is liberal politicians will spin class warfare to rally the poor against it.

I'm for a simplified flat tax. No deductions of all any kind.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

Oh, there was no battle. Just a difference in approach to interrupting a media spun story.

And maybe it is the difference that male/female see things from and process them.

Keep telling yourself that.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Happy Holidays to you as well.

The more I read your posts the more I get what you are saying, and the less pressure I apply to each key as I slowly pronounce my drawn-out responses to your threads/posts. I think we agree more and more.....

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Not everyone wants to think THAT hard.
It helps to remember that.

Happy Holidays to you!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Romney and Warren Buffet paid 15%-ish. They would be in favor if it was less than 15%, and it would not be.

Most of the wealthy would prefer a flat tax. The poor probably would too. The problem is liberal politicians will spin class warfare to rally the poor against it.

I'm for a simplified flat tax. No deductions of all any kind.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Do CEO's work with out contracts?

The next step is cut the mafiaosos unions from standing between you and your employer pretending to work in your interests, but really just skimming off most of the benefits they allege to bring you in expensive dues.
a reply to: worldstarcountry

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join