It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Introductions Forum - Guess What, A New Member Introduction Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hi there, Strange to get back into the regular forums format again after FB hell.
My primary interest is Cryptids, with side interests in whatever catches my eye, but you may see me in UFO's or Politics or whatever. We'll see how this goes.

I read the post on how to set up an avatar, still scratching my head after pushing various buttons and I still don't see anything that says 'Tools" on it. So, lol, until I get this figgered out, I'll be avatarless. Or maybe it's because I'm on a Chromebook?

I am a Lady, as stated above, my main interest on here is conversation on Cryptids, primarily Bigfoot.

I'll have fun figuring this out, finding things and talking about everything.

Blessings, Holayela

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Welcome to the show. Alot of critical thinking going on here. There should be a tutorial on how to create avatars, if not you'll find plenty of help.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Welcome, always glad to hear new thoughts in the crypto realm

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Holayela
Hi there, I am a Lady
Holayela

Ummm...Oooooh...a Lady...

Me Likey...

YouSir
edit on 22-12-2017 by YouSir because: formatting sucks...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hi and welcome,

If you look at the top of your screen there should be a menu bar with several icons starting with the ATS logo. On the right you'll find a circle with a checkmark. Click on the circle and a sub menu should appear, select account to upload your avatar and change various other settings.

I know all to well because it took me some time to figure this out aswell

edit on 22-12-2017 by Jubei42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There are a lot of options on this forum software. It's going to take time to learn how everything works.

Post #3

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hey! welcome!

I personally would love more folks to talk about cryptids here. Im a fan of those too. Hope to see you in the threads soon!😊

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Hi and welcome,

If you look at the top of your screen there should be a menu bar with several icons starting with the ATS logo. On the right you'll find a circle with a checkmark. Click on the circle and a sub menu should appear, select account to upload your avatar and change various other settings.

I know all to well because it took me some time to figure this out aswell

Thank you! There were instructions on making an avatar, but none mentioned that circle.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll jump in and start commenting and replying until I have my required amount before dipping my toes into making a new thread.

I'm used to critical thinkers and skepticism, you need to be in this field.

Blessings, Holayela

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
hello and happy christmas

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Holayela

Welcome to ATS! Here's a link to our best avatar artists' thread. If you ask them nice I'm sure they'll help you put one together.

See ya on the board,

STM

edit on 23-12-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

Welcome to ATS! Here's a link to our best avatar artists' thread. If you ask them nice I'm sure they'll help you put one together.

See ya on the board,

STM

I already own an avatar, but there's no upload option?

Holayela

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yes, I used a photograph I had for my main avatar but I didn't know how to size it for this sites requirements, etc. I posted it on the avatar creations thread and the artists resized it, touched it up and then told me how to upload it correctly.

I'm sure there's a step by step in that thread I linked if you don't want to ask. Also our avatars will just repeat over and over on long posts and they have a way of extending your avatar for those occasions. Are you going for a Bigfoot for your avid?

STM

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Also you'll need an invisible avatar for the avatar button and then your avatar which will be posted to the background button. They'll give you one there.
edit on 23-12-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

I'm sure there's a step by step in that thread I linked if you don't want to ask. Also our avatars will just repeat over and over on long posts and they have a way of extending your avatar for those occasions. Are you going for a Bigfoot for your avid?

STM

The avatar I have already is not a Bigfoot.
If I did, I couldn't find anything suitable in the public domain.

I'll check out that link you posted. I'm on a Chromebook, and sometimes certain websites just aren't compatible. But, it may be something simple that I'm missing, so I'll go to that link.
Thanks!

Holayela

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Got my avatar up successfully, Thank you!

Holayela

top topics

join