It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray Charles big winner at Grammy Awards (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The man who was born in 1930, never won an award, despite his great voice, and skilled piano playing. Tonight Ray Charles won eight Grammy's, for his last album, "Genius loves Company", which included a duet with Nora Jones, called "Here we go again," which won a grammy for record of the year.The crowds roared with applause as he won each award and a standing ovation was the music industry's acknowledgement of a late great voice, who was finally awarded and respected by his peers for his wonderful music.

www.msnbc.msn.com
LOS ANGELES - The late Ray Charles’ duets album “Genius Loves Company,” recorded during the final months of his life, won eight Grammy Awards on Sunday night, including album of the year.

The sentimental favorite won record of the year and best pop collaboration for his ballad with Norah Jones, “Here We Go Again,” as well as best pop album.

“I’m going to cry, actually,” Jones said as she accepted the trophy for record of the year. “I think it just shows how wonderful music can be. It’s at a hundred percent with Ray Charles

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think Ray Charles should have been given acknowledgement years ago while still alive for his recordings and wonderful voice.
He was a man who yet blind, always had a smile on his face, and tried to help up and coming singers. He overcame addictions and hardships and showed that you can do anything once you put your mind to it. He proves that even in death you can still be a winner.
His movie, has no doubt, sparked new interest in Ray, portrayed by Jamie Foxx, and has given Ray Charles the credit he deserved so long ago.
Winner of eight grammys, has proved that indeed Rya Charles will live on in the music industry.

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.boston.com
www.suntimes.com
timesofindia.indiatimes.com

[edit on 13-2-2005 by realorritt]

join