It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Explosion at a Melbourne Shopping Centre

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Reports of three loud explosions at the Bayside Shopping Centre near Frankston. The centre was open for late night shopping for Christmas as shoppers had to be evacuated.

There seem to be no links to the earlier car ploughing into pedestrians incident. It is not known what has caused this explosion.

Link

Stay safe everyone. Hopefully everyone got out okay and this is just a freak accident and not some religious copycat nut

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
first the car attack, now this..

let's hope its was just an accident and not an attack...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It's hard not to jump to conclusions when we know what else has happened down there. My thoughts are with our antipodean Cousins during all this.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

freak accident and not some religious copycat nut

Drawing quite a stretch aren't you? Was the Melbourne CBD incident a "religious attack"?

www.heraldsun.com.au...

HORROR RAMPAGE A MAN, who has a history of drug use and mental illness, is in hospital under police guard over a horrifying CBD rampage that has left 19 injured, with four fighting for life in hospital. Police say there is no evidence connecting the incident with terrorism

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Latest reports say that his 24yo passenger was found with a backpack containing 3 knives

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

As an Atheist living in the year 2017, I believe most forms of organised, creator-driven religions are a degree of mental illness or at least intelligence deficiency. No offence.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Couldn't be that the authorities are in a panic, and don't want to admit there's a muslim problem... Seems to be happening across the world, and that ain't a stretch.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero
I would be trying pretty hard to shuffle the blame too if I let all those lovely immigrants in and they started to show their true colours.

Guess who goes on the chopping block when sanity returns to the world and the Kalergi plan is defeated (hopefully)? The politicians that let it happen.

There is going to be quite a day of reckoning.
edit on 21-12-2017 by hombero because: Eta dirty autocorrect fix

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
Latest reports say that his 24yo passenger was found with a backpack containing 3 knives

As an Atheist living in the year 2017, I believe most forms of organised, creator-driven religions are a degree of mental illness or at least intelligence deficiency. No offence.

Thank you, I saw no connection between the car and the second man, arrested with knives in earlier reports. Now I'm wondering why they say he was unrelated to the incident when he was in the vehicle and had some knives on him. It will be interesting to see how this pans out...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Gas bottle have exploded at a shopping mall in Melbourne's south-east.The Bayside Shopping Centre at Frankston was evacuated after the explosion!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Or media exaggerating the situation.

In the past if someone set off a firecracker, it was just that.

Now it would be called an "explosion".

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: odzeandennz

Or media exaggerating the situation.

In the past if someone set off a firecracker, it was just that.

Now it would be called an "explosion".

No, gas bottles exploded. I don't know if you've ever heard a gas bottle go bang but it's magnitudes louder than any firework...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Guy with a bag of knives and an insane Afghani explosives engineer.
Dupont - Hanford link?
Anyone else thinking this might be a case of hexavalent chrome poisoning?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Guy with a bag of knives and an insane Afghani explosives engineer. perhaps it was Australian bombs that made him insane and now we are getting a bit of our own back.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Guy with a bag of knives and an insane Afghani explosives engineer. perhaps it was Australian bombs that made him insane and now we are getting a bit of our own back.

Yeah that really gets my sympathy going. People who do exactly what hurt them to others [also how many bombs has Australia dropped exactly?] How about someone take the high ground and calmly and intelligently put their point across instead? If they have one, it will be an open and shut case. That would impress me.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Seriously had a feeling some attack was imminent somewhere in Aus, US or Europe.

Loads of people about at this time of year. Still tmrw and saturday for something else to happen.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I saw this back in the 60',s wild eyed physicists showing up in Vegas babbling incoherently.
There was a classified drawing I ran across yesterday stamped with a 1965 date.
Important to somebody?

Hexavalent chromium leached into the drinking water out at their nuke facility in the US.
No idea about the history of "nukes" being constructed out in the Australian desert?

Could this be a song about non disclosure in Vegas by the band "the Eagles"?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Im sure thats exactly what youd be thinking if your sister, brother, mother, father, grandfather, girlfriend, whatever were killed.

Im sure youd be all "yeah , no its ok we deserved it"

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I live in Seaford which is right next to Frankston and i dont recognize those pictures as being from Frankston shopping centre (complex).By the way i have lived here for over forty years so i think i would recognize if there had been any major changes lately,the only changes recently are getting rid of the pedestrian train crossings along the Frankston to city train line.Cheers Dave.a reply to: Kalixi

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Im sure thats exactly what youd be thinking if your sister, brother, mother, father, grandfather, girlfriend, whatever were killed.

Im sure youd be all "yeah , no its ok we deserved it"

Sometimes the truth has to be recognised and faced up to and yes, it could quite easily come at a personal cost. If that is the sort of cost that has to be paid to get people to see the truth then that is what had to be done.

if we cant even be honest about something as terrible as war what can we be honest about?

What does one sided reporting of war do to our credibility? ever wondered that?

One sided war reporting only breeds more hatred and more war. Do you consider this as a good thing?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Yeah that really gets my sympathy going. People who do exactly what hurt them to others [also how many bombs has Australia dropped exactly?] How about someone take the high ground and calmly and intelligently put their point across instead? If they have one, it will be an open and shut case. That would impress me.

I dont know because our government has not been honest enought to tell us.

How many night that be? well. I do not know, but what I do knows that that Australia does whatever its instructed/requested to do by the US govt. They've been in Syria so its likly they've been in Afghanistan.

I remember reading what an Australian soldier heard when he was in a pararde in Vietnam. The parade was being addressed by an Americian offficer. The Americian officer said among other things, "the Brits have got the Gurkers and we've got the aussies."

Does that sound like we are "partners" or does it sound we are their pet dog? You tell me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join