It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-valentine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
For my whole life there has been one holiday I dispise the most because it always reminded me of what I didn’t have, and others did. It almost gets to the point that others BRAG about what they did for the holiday. is their any consolation for those that cannot celebrate it because they do not have a significant others? nnnooooOOOOooo

In elementary school we all made valentine boxes, and filled out valentine cards. it was almost ritualistic in how the school made us do this. Most never cared what they got, or who they got it from. But one think I noticed was that I always got few valentines then the number of kids in my classroom. Already I was being ostracized and I didn’t even know it. #@$% valentines day

Then in Highschool it was buying flowers from the cheerleaders. And every valentine they would come to each classroom and give flowers to everyone who had someone that bought the flower for them. Each year I was hoping someone would be nice, and take pity on me. Even one year I thought I was going to get one because I had been seeing a girl. NOPE. I bought her one and she never gave me anything. in fact that was the first time I realized she didn’t like me anymore @#$% valentines day!

Since then not ONCE have I been able to celebrate Valentines with a significant others. All these ads tell me to buy her jewelry, chocolates, take her out, spend money on her or your going to be left out in the cold. Guilt guilt guilt guilt I would gladly do that if I had someone.. but they never tell you how to find that SO. and if you don’t want one? well they DON’T CARE CAUSE IM NOT GOING TO SPEND MONEY!!!!! $%*# Valentines day!

There has to be an alternative to Valentines day for those that don’t have a valentines., or if anything a pity box I can draw a person name from and we can exchange

And don’t ANYONE go on to me about how bad you got it, or it isn’t anything special. I would be better off. I KNOW I need someone else in my life to be happy, because the only times I have been happy was when I was with someone special. When I had that special someone I was no longer someone looking in from the outside. But I felt like I was like everyone else. I loved and felt love back. The world could come to an end and it would be enough that I had that person to hold and tell them I loved them knowing they would do the same.

instead I am left with a gaping hole in my chest. and the needles of valentine day poking at it and showing to me what I am missing.

I’m 30 years old, and I sound like a love sick teenager. #@*% YOU VALENTINE DAY!!!!

I don’t want pity, but I do want someone special (not a guy) to be my valentine for just a day

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
For the most part we all want someone else, and it definatley seems that Valentines day is a couples-only type of holiday. I can see where it comes off to many that couples almost flaunt their happiness, thought I think its more of a percieved thing due to the obvious lack of a companion. As a loner myself ya got my condolences on this most depressing of days, and I'll drink one in honor of ya when I get off work

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I hear ya. Before I was half of a couple, I hated those lovey-dovey holidays.

Now, I mostly hate all the days that Hallmark celebrates. Who are we kidding? These holidays are made to keep the economy going, not for personal pleasure

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Capitalism and greed disapprove of this rant.

Enjoy giving and receiving expensive and socially acceptable gifts at regular prescribed intervals on dates that you are given.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Capitalism and greed disapprove of this rant.

This one too.

Crappy Valentine's Day everybody!!!!

[edit on 13-2-2005 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Valentines Day is a Holiday in the US???
I didn't know that.

BTW I hate it too.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i found out the holiday is illegal in Suadia Arabia because it is too christian. its actaully an underground black market holiday.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have never been in a relationship with anyone... and it HURTS to see everyone else all loved-up and in "the mode".

So I'm glad there are others who feel the same and give me the chance to say...

#!@$%* %#$%ing Valentine's Day! (or VD as I call it, cuz today is just one of those days where people HAVE to do it...)

Talking about it makes more more angry and sad... RANT OVER.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Valentine's Day is another excuse to make people feel rotten for not spending money on frivolous crap they don't need. It's also designed to make those who don't have anyone to celebrate it with feel left out and somehow not normal. After all, if you don't have anyone, you won't be spending any money to buy them something.

It's seeming importance in relationships (in the woman's opinion anyway) is a strong indicator of the "emotionalization" of America. How many relationships, I wonder, have ended because the man didn't place as much importance on Valentine's day as the woman? Almost everything about Valentine's day is exactly opposite of what most men find interesting and important. I don't care what they say, for men, Valentines Day is an event that we all just want to survive without making things worse.

No males that I know of would choose to celebrate Valentine's Day if society and consumerism had not attached it to the domestic tranquility index of most households in the country.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You're all far too cynical!

I love Valentine's Day! A time of giving and recieving.

Prophet mike, you aren't in a relationship because you're stuck on a computer all day talking about why you're not in one?

There is someone for everyone!

Get a grip, put some aftershave on, and go and find some booty!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What is the point.

i had an idea a few years ago and this was just to leave my phone off, stay in bed, not watch tv and dont go outside. now this might seem a bit over the top but it does in fact works

this might drive you insane but no change to me as i already am, i think

top topics

join