posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:09 AM
"It always creeped me out to know that you can just suddenly burst into flames."
That is not how SHC occurs.
If people really did burst into flames, the houses they were in would've caught fire. None of them have. It is well documented that suspected
instances of SHC are smoldering types of fires. There are no flames; it's a cold, sooty burn.
It's usually the body and clothing (sometimes only part of the body), and perhaps the chair or bed they died in that are burned, and not even the
ceiling above is scorched. The 'alcoholism' angle comes into play most probably because they passed out with a lit cigarette or perhaps a candle
burning on a table near them.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn this fellow had a 9v battery in his pocket with some change, along with a butane lighter.
Many synthetic fabrics are major fire risks too. This gentleman's untimely ending may be due to several causal factors occurring at the same time.
A very sad story.