It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of Congressional Ethics Office Sued for Abusing Position

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Another ironic and pitiful scandal ongoing involved the head of the Congressional Ethics Office !!

His name is Omar Ashmawy.

Several **'issues'** on the table include:

1. Influencing local law enforcement

2. Physically assaulting women

3. Verbally abusing women

4. Late night brawling, and probably some other sordid things !

Somebody has a lawsuit and naturally, He denies the whole thing.

'''swamp draining continues..'''
Head of Congressional Ethics Office Sued for Abusing Position, Accused of Assaulting Women

A top congressional ethics official who oversees investigations into misconduct by lawmakers is accused in a federal lawsuit of verbally abusing and physically assaulting women and using his federal position to influence local law enforcement, according to a complaint filed in a federal court in Pennsylvania last month.

The ongoing lawsuit against Omar Ashmawy, staff director and chief counsel of the Office of Congressional Ethics, stems from his involvement in a late-night brawl in 2015 in Milford, Pennsylvania, and includes a range of allegations relating to his behavior that evening and in the following two-and-half years.

Ashmawy’s office conducts the preliminary investigations into allegations of misconduct in the House of Representatives, deciding which cases to pursue or refer to the Committee on Ethics.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Par for the course these days.

Pure speculation here, but I heard Paul Ryan will be separating from DC next year...is he trying to avoid something coming to light? ...again, I haven’t read an article on it, just crazy politicians!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
in case anyone has lost count, this past month's numbers of swampmen bailing out of public office is amounting to a monster purge of govt.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Par for the course these days.

Pure speculation here, but I heard Paul Ryan will be separating from DC next year...is he trying to avoid something coming to light? ...again, I haven’t read an article on it, just crazy politicians!

Anything dirty on Ryan would have come out by now.

He will make millions starting in 2019.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'm 0% surprised by this. Congress... Ethics.... those two do not fit together. Scumbag bureaucrats leeching off of the American taxpayer while subsequently selling us all out to the highest bidder!

Will there be any justice? F*cking doubt it!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
double... my b
edit on 14-12-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Haven't heard of this before...but if he's dirty...get him out. Head of Ethics...geez. Seems like he's setting an example that all the others are trying to emulate.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Don't worry, the taxpayer stolen butt toucher slush fund will pay for his defense.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Don't worry, the taxpayer stolen butt toucher slush fund will pay for his defense.

^ what Mandroid said!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Surprised I am not, is there ethics in corporations? No, profit before anything else. Is there ethics in government? No, profit before anything else and I doubt that the NSA or GCHQ ever even considered it before they started collecting covert bulk surveillance on everyone.

We are ruled by abuses of power

new topics

top topics

join