It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines, Winter Fury 18 at Twentynine Palms, Pendleton, Miramar, Yuma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I Thought some folks might find this interesting. What does it mean? What do you think?

CAMP PENDLETON — A war game exercise that deploys a battalion-size air, sea and ground assault is playing out across Marine Corps bases in Southern California this week.

The exercise, which includes more than 1,000 Marines from the 1st Marine Division and more than 600 Marine aviators and their crews, is taking place at San Clemente Island, Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Camp Pendleton and at the Marine Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms. Cont:

www.ocregister.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

It means they are training, which is no doubt a good thing to do. If they did not train, now that would be a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That's what they do in California and places like Yuma, they test things and practice things out on giant desert ranges. I know I was stationed at one, we used to blow things up all the time.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'd opine that this ecological niche might be a tad noisy, so I'd suggest seeking Your bliss in different environs, until the Jireens are out of the desert and back to their bases....

Enjoy Your trip...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It's training. By having units in other states having to respond it makes it more realistic.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thank you all for the insight - love the Santa's cap glad to know no one thinks deployment is around the corner. May your yule times be happy and bright.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Sounds like fun. I used to live near Fort Ord, drove through the old building used for exercises there.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

That's what the military does. It fights wars and it trains to fight wars.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
For the first time in ten years, Winter Fury combined with Steel Knight, which is a Battalion level exercise. The combined exercise involved coming ashore and making an airfield "behind enemy lines".

www.wearethemighty.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It means they're doing their jobs. Training.

Soldiers need to train. They have these exercises all the time. Army does it. Air Force. Navy. Coasties. All of them.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's 12B (Basic Engineer) stuff, for the Army. This "training" is common knowledge to an "average Soldier".;

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Yep, but the Army doesn't have to worry about fixed wing aviation for CAS, so they have it a teeny bit easier when it comes to airfields.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It "means" that the marines, have got some good, advertising! Doesn't mean shi*! To a Soldier.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I've seen more than a few Army exercises hyped up. All the services will use the media or social media when they want to.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

But the marines do? "Fixed wing" is a pussy extraction. The U.S. Army. Created it

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Let's see, F-18s, which do sometimes operate forward deployed from shore locations. AV-8B, F-35. All three of those are fixed wing, even if two of them are STOVL, they still need a runway to take off from. The Army CAS is all rotor based, or relies on other services for fixed wing aviation.

I get it, the Army is the greatest service in the world. That doesn't change the fact that the Marines have fixed wing aviation.
edit on 12/15/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'd be the first to agree. But I'd also be the first to tell you, "ride for the brand"! Air Force, Marine, Sailor, or Soldier.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
U.S. Marines are an awesome option. A very High Trained "force", to project, an "understanding"... I'm not dissing Marines. But they're not an Army. .. The Army couldn't even begin to "plan" a war with, U.S. Marines...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Of course they aren't, and they aren't supposed to be. They're supposed to open the door, just like they're doing in this exercise. Part of that is taking an airfield once they come ashore, so they can open the door wider.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

May God bless them! Marines are some respectable troopers! ..But, Good "warriors", need to understand...Their, limitation, A "Title",.. Is not all that important to an American. Never understood why marines pushed the "few, proud" nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join