It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn judge, also sits on FISA DC roster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
As many have noticed, the judge due to hear Flynn's sentencing suddenly rec used himself which left many curious as to why. Judge Contreras is one of the three active members of the FISA court in DC. Is Contreras the one who approved the FISA warrant to surveil the Trump campaign (and by extension Flynn)? Wouldn't that be a twist...

edit on 8-12-2017 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert
Picture yourself being a judge on the FISA court and an FBI agent comes in with a request to spy on the Republican presidential nominee during a campaign while a Democrat occupies the White House.

Wouldn't you want to see some damning evidence in the application for a warrant???

This crap needs to be hashed out under a freaking microscope with bright lights.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What could be more damning than evidence compiled by a foreign national after paying other foreign nationals for information while being secretly paid for by political opposition and the FBI itself? Seems legit to me.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

As I said yesterday, rep. Jordan thinks the reason strzok for demoted was his connection to the dossier and possible use to get a goes warrant.

Then oher, the doj guy who had connections to fusion gps, was moved.

So it wouldn't surprise me at all of this judge's recusal again had something to do with the dossier.

Its almost like the fbi, Mueller team, and doj realize that when the truth about what that dossier was used for comes out, there is going to be an oytrahe, and so they are trying to distance themselves from it as much as possible.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

What could be more damning than evidence compiled by a foreign national after paying other foreign nationals for information while being secretly paid for by political opposition and the FBI itself? Seems legit to me.

I am guessing that the FBI agent (thought to be Peter Strzok) presented a realistic looking intelligence report, but the judge should have placed a very high hurdle for the DOJ to overcome in a case like this. Especially when they had denied a previous request for a warrant.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

JEFF SESSIONS.... WHERE ARE YOU????

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

JEFF SESSIONS.... WHERE ARE YOU????

I'm still hoping that Sessions is working hard on important things behind the scenes and to prevent eventual leaks. However if he keeps sitting on his ass after all of the new revelations then he needs to go. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. For now.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

As many have noticed, the judge due to hear Flynn's sentencing suddenly rec used himself which left many curious as to why. Judge Contreras is one of the three active members of the FISA court in DC. Is Contreras the one who approved the FISA warrant to surveil the Trump campaign (and by extension Flynn)? Wouldn't that be a twist...

I feel certain this is why he recused himself. It is likely his signature is on that FISA warrant.

This is getting deep quick.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I am guessing that the FBI agent (thought to be Peter Strzok) presented a realistic looking intelligence report, but the judge should have placed a very high hurdle for the DOJ to overcome in a case like this. Especially when they had denied a previous request for a warrant.

If this is indeed the reason for his recusal I would say it also suggests he knows it (FISA warrant) was not handled properly. He has not issued a statement as to why he recused himself so....

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
CNN is pushing a phony Wikileaks story right now. I guess we can expect something big in the next few hours. This back and forth is getting ridicilous.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
CNN is pushing a phony Wikileaks story right now. I guess we can expect something big in the next few hours. This back and forth is getting ridicilous.

Yep...when their headline story is about Trump and wikileaks you can almost guarantee something big is about to drop on the dems. Funny how that has become a predictor for real news...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'm sure they put all sorts of lipstick on the pig before trying the second time.

As noted above, since they announced the IG investigation had basically concluded, people connected to the Steele dossier and FISA decision are rapidly being shuttled into the background scenery.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This whole thing sure is exposing the corrupt ties between Intelligence agencies, DOJ, Judicial, and FBI. Combined they are the power behind the corrupt politicians of the #resistance that is used to go after people. They were further empowered by Obama's last executive order, of intensifying their ability to communicate with each other.

The obvious goal of the #resistance is to protect Obama's legacy. The protection of Hillary was to get her in office to do the same, when that failed it continued. A parting administration holding onto power like this is against the constitution, somewhere down the road in Trumps 7 more years it will get addressed when these holdovers are long gone.
edit on 8-12-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

There are quite a few people intimately touching multiple aspects of this, erm, controversial scenario. Quite the tangled web, it seems.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
CNN is pushing a phony Wikileaks story right now. .:

CNN promoting WikiLeaks as a Source?

I swear I'm in the Upside/Down.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I am not so sure the word "twist"conveys the issue . How about we call it a "matter" that will need to be addressed and explained to the public .

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but do you really think Trump is gonna last 7 more years. All this sensationalism and scandal mongering aside, the guy just doesn't seem well mentally or physically. I can't remember the last president I saw who looked like he was gunning for a stroke/heart attack so badly.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
This whole thing sure is exposing the corrupt ties between Intelligence agencies, DOJ, Judicial, and FBI. Combined they are the power behind the corrupt politicians of the #resistance that is used to go after people. They were further empowered by Obama's last executive order, of intensifying their ability to communicate with each other.

The obvious goal of the #resistance is to protect Obama's legacy. The protection of Hillary was to get her in office to do the same, when that failed it continued. A parting administration holding onto power like this is against the constitution, somewhere down the road in Trumps 7 more years it will get addressed when these holdovers are long gone.

They admitted this in a story to the NYT about leaving a trail of breadcrumbs....
Hell Lynch even signed a measure to change the rules for the IC so they could disseminate raw intelligence to agencies they had not before.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

I'm sorry, but do you really think Trump is gonna last 7 more years. All this sensationalism and scandal mongering aside, the guy just doesn't seem well mentally or physically. I can't remember the last president I saw who looked like he was gunning for a stroke/heart attack so badly.

A billion dollars can buy a lot of doctoring, he'll make it with flying colors don't worry.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Not sure how a billion dollars is gonna help the left side of his face stop drooping like it does...but ok.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join