It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harold Ford Jr., ex-congressman fired by investment bank for sex misconduct

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
This is HUGE.

The guy's political potential was through the roof, presidential pick material. Now it is all gone.

Why is he a FORMER Congressman?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: Vasa Croe

As a man, all I'm learning from this is to deny all accusations. NEVER admit it. Call your accuser(s) liars.

Why? Don't deny the truth.

Why on earth would I deny the truth? If they fire me, fine. I'm not getting any gift by doing work for them.

I slave and sweat, and beat my brow, bend over backwards to do a good job, serve my community and/or my company, for the measly pay.

So, if you fire me, I'm now free.

Moreover, I have a good excuse for not doing my civic duty and providing my skills and labor to the community.

I'm willing to work, but they say they don't want my talents because I touched some girl 30 years ago, and she's upset about it.

I can only smile.

So, hire that girl, let her do my job. I'm fine with that.

Personally, I think all women should be made to do all the work, and the men should stay home and look after the kids.

I hope we get there some day.

Then, the women can harass the men, annoyed that the males are ignoring them.

Should be fun.

The Buddha says there's never a reason to lie, and one should always tell the truth.

Because when you lie, you're seeking some kind of "benefit" by not telling the truth. But, karma is a bitch, and will get ya anyway. So, it's best to tell the truth immediately, and get it over with. Lies have a way of requiring other lies to support them, and the path of the liar is weird and complex with many dark allies, twists and turns, that can lead even the smartest and most clever liar to mental confusion.

As soon as you tell the truth, a great weight is lifted off your shoulders. Because, there is nothing more they can do. Nothing more to "find out" about you. They have fired their best shot, and all the bullets are now spent.

But, if you lie, you remain a target.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Now here’s an instance were the accused vehemently denies the charge.

And he is accused of grabbing the woman.

He’s entitled to a hearing and a trial.

This is the down side in all of this.

I repeat this again.

Once I was accused of threatening my boss… A BIG LIE

I was essentially fired.

I had a hearing.

His lie wasn’t believed and I got rehired. He had no proof, it was just an accusation because he was wrong in a dispute and a boss and they took his word for it

But it was a lie and I proved it!

ALL accusations just aren’t always true

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Sure seems Democrats that hold or held high offices,can't seem to keep mouth shut and hands to themselves,losers who lack in social skills

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It got tons.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Sure seems Democrats that hold or held high offices,can't seem to keep mouth shut and hands to themselves,losers who lack in social skills

Yeah, and Trump used to be a Democrat. All the bad things he did was during his affiliation with the Democratic party.

Now that Trump has switched sides, and become a Republican, he has become pure, honest, and has given up his woman grabbing days.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This whole thing seems systematic. Why are so many sexual allegations being brought up so close together? I know this isn't a thread about Trump but he has 15+ sexual allegations against him, why is that not getting any airtime?

Because you can't fire a president.

And lets be frank; sexual assault is wrong, but, sexual "misconduct" is subjective. The idea of punishing someone who was accused in public by terminating them from employment is preposterous.

It's a really terrible precedent. So, now as a man, you're basically all but guaranteed to be terminated from employment if a woman so much claims you looked at her wrong. This makes it really incredibly easy to have anyone you don't like terminated. No proof required.

The presumption of innocence is always supposed to be levied upon the accused, and the accusers doubted from the onset, otherwise you're guilty until proven innocent. Ruining peoples lives because you don't like them or had a social disagreement is now easier than ever.

Even if the accused is guilty in reality, if you cannot prove it -- you cannot punish. This is my biggest issue with the 10+ year later accusations. If you didn't report it when it happened, sorry for you, in fact -- if it turns out he's guilty of the same crime with a different victim and it can be proven, you should be charged as an accessory for not reporting when it happened to you, since it's your fault he had the power to continually harass new victims.

Let it be known that, making an accusation without proof is against the law, it's called Libel.

Defamation, calumny, vilification, or traducement is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual person, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation.

An accusation without the possibility of proof or corroboration is indeed a false statement.

For all of those that are religious, this is also one of the ten commandments;

Thou shalt not bear false witness

The veracity of a claim is always presumed to be false unless it can be corroborated by empirical evidence. I.E. If you cannot prove it, you cannot say it.

When a woman is raped, it's her responsibility to charge her rapist and have evidence collected via rape kit. If this process is forgone, than you forfeit any corroborating evidence, which makes your testimony a farce.
edit on 8-12-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join