It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top DOJ official demoted amid probe of contacts with Trump dossier firm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Xcathdra
FBI director Christopher Wray testifies before House Judiciary Committee -- live blog

Listed are questions asked and Wrays response to them.

Apparently he doesnt consider this FBI being transferred to H.R. as a demotion.

Unfortunately i'm not familiar with Wray. Is he "our" guy and can he be trusted?

He was appointed by Trump. But who knows. At first Trump said Mueller was a good choice.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wearing two hats isn't unheard of. Unusual that he lost the top job and not the organized crime division. Taught law at Georgetown for those interested in that bit.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Of course he doesn't.
But anyone with any kind of work experience knows that's exactly what such a move is. The only worse thing they could have done would be to send him down to the mail room.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

FBI director Christopher Wray testifies before House Judiciary Committee -- live blog

Unfortunately i'm not familiar with Wray. Is he "our" guy and can he be trusted?

He was appointed by Trump. But who knows. At first Trump said Mueller was a good choice.

We all know how Trump was with Sessions but now seems all good. It's an act for the public. The reality comes out when the latest government official hits the road each week.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

That is what I am hearing...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: Xcathdra

Of course he doesn't.
But anyone with any kind of work experience knows that's exactly what such a move is. The only worse thing they could have done would be to send him down to the mail room.

He was already there... He was reassigned after 33k pieces of mail went missing.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

We already know that Steele was in communication with the FBI. I'm sure there are a number of people within the DOJ/FBI (less now I'm sure than before) who had interactions with Steele and to a lesser extent Simpson.

I'm not sure how this is "connections to corruption" — what corruption exactly?

Nothing that I am aware that has been reported about either could be considered corruption. It seems to be more a insinuation that is being bolstered by the opinion of an unnamed source that the move had anything to do with these contacts.

I'm not saying it didn't but if there was something truly sketchy about his behavior, would he still be the director of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces? When did Ohr become an associate deputy attorney general? Was it following the firing of Comey?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

He is whacking that nail right on the head.

THE DOSSIER!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

As jordan was suggesting with the dmeotion of Strzok, maybe the FBI and doj are trying to move anyone connected to the dossier as far away as possible, because they know there are going to be problems surrounding it.

As Jordan says, in the case of strzok, there are probably lots of people on Muellers team and the FBI that have sent messages critical of trump. So why was Strzok singled out.

Either the bias it showed was really bad, or they wanted him out for another reason, and jordan is predicting it was his pushing of the dossier, possibly to a fisa court.

Perhaps the same is true here.

But yes, as I too said, this is all based on anonymous sources, so to me it is proof of nothing.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Vasa Croe

We already know that Steele was in communication with the FBI. I'm sure there are a number of people within the DOJ/FBI (less now I'm sure than before) who had interactions with Steele and to a lesser extent Simpson.

I'm not sure how this is "connections to corruption" — what corruption exactly?

Nothing that I am aware that has been reported about either could be considered corruption. It seems to be more a insinuation that is being bolstered by the opinion of an unnamed source that the move had anything to do with these contacts.

I'm not saying it didn't but if there was something truly sketchy about his behavior, would he still be the director of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces? When did Ohr become an associate deputy attorney general? Was it following the firing of Comey?

He became associate DAG sometime before February 2016 so well before Comey was fired. That is just the earliest reference of him in this position I can find.

Something was sketchy about him...hence a demotion. Likely part of some investigation that had to take him off of this position until they can further figure out what his role was.

You don't get demoted for doing your job correctly...at least typically you dont.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Well....he certainly seems determined and sure. That's going to be an interesting battle....unless it's just cover to make it seem like a battle.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Looks like Peter Strzok is still MIA? Where is he?

So if Wray does nothing after this he needs to be fired too and he should take the useless AG Sessions with him.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

maybe the FBI and doj are trying to move anyone connected to the dossier as far away as possible, because they know there are going to be problems surrounding it. 

Seems to be a fair reading based on what little we've been fed so far.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Well....he certainly seems determined and sure. That's going to be an interesting battle....unless it's just cover to make it seem like a battle.

Wray is as Bad as Obama's DOJ people.... Broom him out and get someone who is in control of his agency.

That was horrible and he looked clueless

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

maybe the FBI and doj are trying to move anyone connected to the dossier as far away as possible, because they know there are going to be problems surrounding it. 

Meanwhile the FBI continues to stonewall and will not let the oversight committees see what they presented to the Fisa court.

If that dossier was a big part of it, it will be damning.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

So if Wray does nothing after this he needs to be fired too and he should take the useless AG Sessions with him.

I'm waiting for the IG's report and the fallout before I decide who is useless. A lot of this seems to be barebones leaks tying to get ahead of the report being finalized and released/leaked. Gives them a chance to read the tea leaves and also prepare the "Old news. We told everyone earlier"-bit when more meaty information gets out.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Meanwhile the FBI continues to stonewall and will not let the oversight committees see what they presented to the Fisa court.

If that dossier was a big part of it, it will be damning.

Wait they ignore the contempt charge altogether? The cat is already out of the bag. What could be worse then a FBI agent that worked on every HRC investigation in existence? Does the whole investigation into russian collusion hinge on the Steele Dossier?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I'm waiting for the IG's report and the fallout before I decide who is useless. A lot of this seems to be barebones leaks tying to get ahead of the report being finalized and released/leaked. Gives them a chance to read the tea leaves and also prepare the "Old news. We told everyone earlier"-bit when more meaty information gets out.

I watched some Sessions hearings and sure he seems to radiate confidence in what he is doing but he is way too soft for my taste. I thought the AG was a force to be reckon with but nothing is happening at least that we know of.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Right!

If they just release the application that they requested 2(?) months ago, and prove us all wrong I'll gladly eat the nothing burger with hat and crow on the side.

Alas, I forgot that the FBI is their own governing body, just like the Templar except there is no Pope

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join