It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people fear death?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

@ Why do people fear death?

Some have understandable fear of the unknown not remembered perhaps.

Some hope nothing exist beyond, in hopes they will not have to pay for their malevolent unbalances during what was perceived as life and what then would be now death. Yet still aware...

Many have concern with being disconnected from those they have learned to Love & like during what they experienced, perceived as life.
They also question will they reconnect with them during the afterlife experience.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: randyvs

How about the unknown? If you really think death is only positives-why hang around here? Be real.

I understand where you're coming from perfectly. It's all about a
near death experience. The death of loved ones and a belief
system. Also age, it comes with age. An open mind could learn
from me in all honesty.

Also I consider suicide to be a selfish cowardly act.
edit on Rpm120517v17201700000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
That’s beautiful brother, love it! I like how you think!!a reply to: randyvs

As for how I think. Any shot at better existence than this one
deserves attention right?

edit on Rpm120517v09201700000028 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Nah not messed up, not kind either

I can trace my fear of outliving others, to watching the Highlander movie (there should only have been one) as an impressionable teen. It did two things to me

(a) Developing a love of Queen
and
(b) Giving me the fear of being old and alone with memories.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

If senility and the increase of such in our elderly is anything to go by you might not even retain said memories should you manage to reach a grand old age.

And once those are gone the person that remains is not the same entity, point of fact the poor souls cannot even muster the will to continue to live.

Something to consider though, you are essentially always alone with your memories, as no two people ever perceive the same thing or memory.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Brogue

Likely your last sentence is inaccurate. Yes, our bodies die, but there is ample evidence our spirits live on.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

In as much as i would like to believe such, can you please provide the ample evidence or links that back up your assumption?
edit on 5-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Having lived through the passing of my first love, and now a father, I've lived beyond the life of someone I'd planned to grow old with, and I've a whole new group to hope for.

Fears are not always logical.

"Being alone with momories" while unique to each individual, should be seen in the light of alone. When all you have is memories, its a hollow thing.

But it is what it is. I will one day travel to the Otherworld, and my loved ones will be there.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Why would our loved ones be waiting for us through?

Don't you think if there are other realms of existence they would be off exploring those instead of waiting for you to turn up?

Kind of rather a shortsighted and arrogant assumption really if you think about it.

Consider that humanity may be linked in ways we have yet to determine and quite possibly may share some connection to a form of group consciousness that may exist or even extend into the quantum realm.

We might be connected in ways we simply cannot imagine yet which makes the idea of an afterlife as we know nothing more than a shortsighted dream.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Its the gnosis of my path. I don't know, that is the Mystery. Part of the gnosis is that "souls in a clan are attracted to each other". I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

"Its the gnosis of my path."

Gnosis or knowledge is hardly synonymous with organized religious practice.

Knowledge dispels ignorance whilst our religions embrace ignorance and retard freethinkers. Its always been that way im afraid.

"I could be wrong."

Possibly but keep in mind there are no wrong questions, only incomplete answers.

Make your own path mate, if there is a God and he does indeed harbor eternal love for our immortal souls then it stands to reason he would want you to do your own thing, hence the freewill i imagine.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yeah except in this instance a gnosis is a spiritual knowledge, while eídein is a intellectual knowledge. All gnoses (the plural) are unprovable, be they singular or shared.

I'm a pagan. The idea of Organized religious practiced does apply to us, though many do not agree that we count.

So sorry but a gnosis does not retard free thinkers, nor does an eídein.

There are indeed wrong questions (I am also a scientsist). Because the questions are asked with preconceived outcomes.

So there are many gods, not just as singular one. Mind you that is just a USG.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Gnosis is the common Greek noun for knowledge, they were at this religion game long before most civilizations had even begun to develop.

I tend to agree that if there is a God then there are a multitude of such but the Bible and other monotheistic religions do indeed have issue wish such progressive thought. Or regressive dependent on how one looks at the matter.

Plus even if the big dude was on his own, all the omnipotence would fix that in no time sharp i imagine.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Don't try to teach me to suck eggs neighbour. I am aware of gnosis and its etymology. Perhaps you are not aware of how it is used today? My own path is based on Indo-European cosmology. That includes the Greeks. Though I lean to some folks much further west.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I would be a bit of a distant neighbor.

I'm not trying to teach anyone anything, but i do suggest that people learn themselves and draw there own conclusions.

Rather than the alternative.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Why would our loved ones be waiting for us through?

Don't you think if there are other realms of existence they would be off exploring those instead of waiting for you to turn up?

Maybe some of your spirit group wait for you, before Ascending fully beyond.
edit on 12/5/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Fear of the unknown.

I look at death one of two ways.

1) Either we pass and our spirit, consciousness, whatever continues on in some form or fashion,

Or

2) We pass and there is nothing, in which case we will not know we ever existed to begin with.

While I tend to lean towards option number one more than option two, I am ok with either.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

1. guilty conscience

2. fear of what or what may not lie beyond

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Possibly time is not such a linear beast where ever our souls go after death and the concept of waiting is simply misnomered?

Or we might all be connected at as a group consciousness and simply return to the whole with all our memory and experiences in tow when we shuffle off our mortal coil?

The possibilities are quite frankly beyond our ability to comprehend or imagine but cold hard factual evidence to support any other existence after this one still remains beyond our ability to grasp in any kind of meaningful manner.

I'm open to the possibility but without facts to support such, we simply cannot say for sure.
edit on 6-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
No real fear of death...
What im afraid of is, not being
able to live long enough to experience
it all....

But fear of death comes down to the unknown yes.
But it isnt really "unknown", maybe a bit..
Its all about physics right.. Energy can´t be
created nor destroyed. And EVERYTHING is
energy in one way or another. But the unknown
is, "Were do the energy that is me go?" Well,
that WILL probly be an AWSOME ride, just like
life. I just want the Liferide to be REEEEEEEALLY
long...

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join