It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird local incident, White Suburbans, oh my!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Last night, I was over a friend's house, and his wife went to go pick someone up at the airport... She called a while later, saying that traffic was stopped at the bridge, and she saw several police cars, as well as plain, unmarked white Suburbans and some black Homeland Security Hummers go zipping by. It was some time before all was moving again, and yet there was NO mention of this on the news, even in traffic news, and this is a major artery into Tampa, and to TIA. Really strange. I'll try and get some more details on it from my friend, as I wasn't too focused on it last night, and try not to go too much into the conspiracy bit when with most of my friends....

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Gazrok-

I have a similar experience to that. I live RIGHT on the Mississippi River (like take 20 steps and youre wet) and about 1 Mile from the QC- Airport.

Anyway - I was driving to get some food and I tried to take Interstate 74 and that was blocked off by city police (I just thought an accident took place on the bridge to get to IA which happens freq.)

So I decided to drive along side of the interstate via city streets to see the wreckage. The funny thing was NO ONE was on the interstate! There was either city police cars, black unidentified SUV's or white SUV's on every single overpass and blocking every single ramp to get on. And the rest of the police force was driving around town near the interstate. You couldn't go one block w/o seeing 2 or 3 cops. My guess would be 50 police units were out along with another 20 or 30 SUV's.

I went back to River Drive and underneath the 74 Bridge there were atleast 5 or 6 Police Speed boats circling underneath the bridge.

Nothing was ever on the news and the interstate was blocked off for damn near 45 minutes from the Bridge to the Airport which is a span of 7 - 8 miles long.

That happened last summer - any guesses?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Funny you mentioned these. Every once in a while I see one pull up beside me when there's hardly any other traffic (which is kind of bizarre in itself for the time it happens).

Although I never look over, out of the corner of my eye I like to visualize beaming intense white light combined with positivity out to them (It's actually more in depth but hard to describe than that). It's something I don't think about but just do spontaneously. They usually pull away not long after that & disappear out of my vision. It's like they're being blinded by my focus or something. Hehe.

With regular badass drivers I do what every other driver does, get pissed off & curse them. LOL.

There are some strange theories out there regarding unusual vehicles/planes/people who look & feel out of the norm. Some even claim they've been harrassed by them. These kind of things don't happen to me often or I don't even notice (which can happen if I'm so focused on something else). A few surmise that because I'm more of an observer than a participant, I'm not considered a threat to these weird people & their agendas (their idea not mine) going on.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Here's something I find quite odd:

If they (whoever "they" are) don't allow it to end up on the news--and it's scary to think even the government has that kind of power, though I don't doubt it--why don't they stop individual cars and silence them as well? If they want to keep it so secret the media doesn't know about it, why are people still here, able to post and talk about it freely? Don't you think they would have the power to stop that if they have the power to shut the media up?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise
Gazrok-

So I decided to drive along side of the interstate via city streets to see the wreckage. The funny thing was NO ONE was on the interstate! There was either city police cars, black unidentified SUV's or white SUV's on every single overpass and blocking every single ramp to get on. And the rest of the police force was driving around town near the interstate. You couldn't go one block w/o seeing 2 or 3 cops. My guess would be 50 police units were out along with another 20 or 30 SUV's.

I went back to River Drive and underneath the 74 Bridge there were atleast 5 or 6 Police Speed boats circling underneath the bridge.

Nothing was ever on the news and the interstate was blocked off for damn near 45 minutes from the Bridge to the Airport which is a span of 7 - 8 miles long.

Sounds like a high profile motorcade; i.e. Prez or VP in town. Happened alot here last summer.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbob
Here's something I find quite odd:

If they (whoever "they" are) don't allow it to end up on the news--and it's scary to think even the government has that kind of power, though I don't doubt it--why don't they stop individual cars and silence them as well? If they want to keep it so secret the media doesn't know about it, why are people still here, able to post and talk about it freely? Don't you think they would have the power to stop that if they have the power to shut the media up?

Because no one knew what the hell they were blocking it for. There was nothing to report and the police were silent apparently if there was no news report. There is no way w/o inside info leeking out that the public will ever find out.

Why didn't they silence me? B/c i had no idea what the hell the empty highway meant. It can't hurt whatever they were blocking if i go tell the whole world "HEY! Police here were blocking something!" damn, i just let everyone know....opps.

[edit on 2/15/2005 by Its_True_I_Promise]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise
Gazrok-

Sounds like a high profile motorcade; i.e. Prez or VP in town. Happened alot here last summer.

That's what my father told me when I asked him. But that is too boring, i want to hear something more exciting!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You know I live on the gulf here in Mississippi. You'd think it be very uneventful, yet unexplained things happen all the time that isn't recorded in the news. One time me and my hubby saw a giant light in the night sky and a boom everyone in my neighbor atleast heard it (most where asleep). Yet no one mention it in the news ever. But with Military, Chevron, Ingalls, I guess all kinds of fun things get over looked by our local news team...

Lady D

new topics

top topics

join