It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn charged with one count of making false statement

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: justwokeup

Honestly, I don't think Russia will ever be our steadfast friends or allies, but there is no reason we can't have a status with them like we do with China.

China is in no way, shape, or form our friend either, but no one makes the mistake of thinking we're one step away from launching every nuke we at them. There is a very real tension there, but it's not at the level of ready to throw down; it's a rivalry.
edit on 2-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

America cooperates closely with Russia on science and technology. ISS was derived from Mir and is jointly operated by Russia and America. If people will ever find the solution to longevity, Russia will certainly be playing a big role.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: face23785

Tillerson will be gone by new years eve.

and Trump will still be your President.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Tillerson will still be his SecState too.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Tillerson will still be his SecState too.

Yeah I have been seeing those rumors repeated yet those same people / media outlets ignore the fact Trump and Tillerson both stated they are unfounded. Seems like an attempt from the left to sow discord and uncertainty.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Oliver Darcy‏Verified account @oliverdarcy
2h2 hours ago

BREAK: ABC has suspended @BrianRoss for 4 weeks without pay for going to air with inaccurate story that said candidate Trump (instead of President-elect Trump) had told Flynn to contact the Russians

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
An incoming administration is allowed to talk to foreign governments about policy changes and what not.

Secondly the Obama admin authorized Flynn to speak to the Russians.

Transcript -
* - State Department - Daily Press Briefing - January 13, 2017

QUESTION: No, I got just one more. You probably have seen --

MR TONER: Excuse me.

QUESTION: -- reports starting yesterday, but then more of them this morning, about contact between the incoming national security advisor and the Russian ambassador. I’m just wondering, from the State Department’s point of view, is this something that’s of concern at all? Or – I’ll just leave it there and then follow up.

MR TONER: Again, not necessarily – I’ve seen the reports. I don’t think they’ve been confirmed or corroborated yet. But that’s – as he’s part of the transition team, that’s really for them to speak to in how they are engaging. I mean --

QUESTION: Right, but --

MR TONER: -- the president-elect is also engaged on his own with many world leaders.

QUESTION: Right.

MR TONER: So I don’t want to speculate and I don’t want to --

QUESTION: So there’s nothing – this building doesn’t see anything necessarily inappropriate about contact between members of the incoming administration and foreign officials --

MR TONER: No.

QUESTION: -- no matter what country they’re from?

MR TONER: No.

QUESTION: Right?

MR TONER: No. And again, this has been ongoing. I mean, we stand ready if they want to work through the State Department to contact some of these individuals, but we have no comment or no problem with them doing such on their own. 13 1/13/2017

QUESTION: Okay. Thank you.

A President-elect can legally speak to foreign governments prior to assuming office and it is entirely legal and appropriate. Secondly the law in question was put on the books in the late 1790's and has only been used twice. The constitutional violations the law create is why its only been used twice.

It violates the 1st and 5th amendments.
edit on 2-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

firing Comey to halt the investigation into Flynn go away

This right here is your problem. You make # up. No matter how many times you repeat this lie, it's still a lie. You live in a world of your own. You're pathetic. I seriously hope you don't commit any self-harm when this bubble bursts.

So what you're saying then is, that Trump was lying when he broadcast that he was going to fire Jim Comey "because of this Russiar thing, with Trump and Russiar" ?

Is that about right?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

The Director of the FBI serves at the pleasure of the President and can be fired for no reason. Terminating him is not obstruction as it didnt impact any ongoing investigations and the FBI leadership, including McCabe, have stated as much under oath in a congressional hearing.

The President exercising his constitutional authority as the leader of the executive branch is not illegal.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

a reply to: carewemust

firing Comey to halt the investigation into Flynn go away

This right here is your problem. You make # up. No matter how many times you repeat this lie, it's still a lie. You live in a world of your own. You're pathetic. I seriously hope you don't commit any self-harm when this bubble bursts.

So what you're saying then is, that Trump was lying when he broadcast that he was going to fire Jim Comey "because of this Russiar thing, with Trump and Russiar" ?

Is that about right?

You are lying because Trump never said he fired Flynn because of the Russia thing.
That particular lie has been told over and over again- presumably, in the hope it becomes real in peoples minds.

Here is the full interview - you might want to watch it.

edit on 2/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Is that about right?

Not really, no.

THE WHITE HOUSE
Washington

May 9, 2017

Dear Director Comey,

I have received the attached letters from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States recommending your dismissal as the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, I have accepted their recommendation and you are hereby terminated and removed from office, effective immediately.

While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.

It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors,

Donald J. Trump

USA Today

Rosenstein put a good bit into making his decision:

My perspective on these issues is shared by former Attorneys General and Deputy Attorneys General from different eras and both political parties. Judge Laurence Silberman, who served as Deputy Attorney General under President Ford, wrote that "it is not the bureau's responsibility to opine on whether a matter should be prosecuted." Silberman believes that the Director's "Performance was so inappropriate for an FBI director that [he] doubt[s] the bureau will ever completely recover." Jamie Gorelick, Deputy Attorney General under President Clinton, joined with Larry Thompson, Deputy Attorney General under President George W. Bush, to opine that the Director had "chosen personally to restrike the balance between transparency and fairness, departing from the department's traditions." They concluded that the Director violated his obligation to "preserve, protect and defend" the traditions of the Department and the FBI.

Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey, who served under President George W. Bush, observed the Director "stepped way outside his job in disclosing the recommendation in that fashion" because the FBI director "doesn't make that decision."

Alberto Gonzales, who also served as Attorney General under President George W. Bush, called the decision "an error in judgement." Eric Holder, who served as Deputy Attorney General under President Clinton and Attorney General under President Obama, said the Director’s decision"was incorrect. It violated long-standing Justice Department policies and traditions. And it ran counter to guidance that I put in place four years ago laying out the proper way to conduct investigations during an election season." Holder concluded that the Director "broke with these fundamental principles" and "negatively affected public trust in both the Justice Department and the FBI."

Former Deputy Attorneys General Gorelick and Thompson described the unusual events as"real-time, raw-take transparency taken to its illogical limit, a kind of reality TV of federal criminal investigation," that is "antithetical to the interests of justice."

Donald Ayer, who served as Deputy Attorney General under President H.W. Bush, along with former Justice Department officials, was"astonished and perplexed" by the decision to "break[] with longstanding practices followed by officials of both parties during past elections." Ayer's letter noted, "Perhaps most troubling… is the precedent set by this departure from the Department's widely-respected, non-partisan traditions."

The Atlantic

It looks to me that Rosenstein made a solid recommendation after thoroughly vetting his thought processes with others who would have the understanding of what was being considered.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Ok, so then you're saying Trump was lying about why he fired Jim Comey on a national broadcast.

I'm sure however, face appreciates you responding for him though.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

It is not illegal to pay a foreign national for services at market value. It is illegal to get campaign donations or anything of value donated to a campaign from a foreign national.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Ah there it is... the shift... not election meddling, but now undermining "Obama's" foreign policy...

It could also be charectizered as "Conspiracy to commit offense against the United States of America".

See US code, title 18, part 1, chapter 19, subsection 371,
edit on 12/3/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
"Who's next?"

I think DJT's arrogance and impunity has offended many --- including myself --- And even though he is my Commander-in-chief...I have disavowed him as my leader --- including the U.S. Congress representing me in any way.

Yet I think DJT think's he has enough chutzpa to make a brazen decision to fire Mueller as special investigator on the Russian political espionage/sabotage case.

And if Tillerson resigns as Secretary of State...no telling who is going to try to stop the mad rogue from making an attempt at a nuclear first strike on North Korea.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Then I guess all those people who later on testified under oath that the investigations were not disrupted in any way should be indicted for lying under oath like Flynn?

That’s not really the point.
If there was any intention to obstruct justice, that doesn’t go away or become irrelevant just because it failed to work.

Or that she didn't win the election but won the popular vote, either.

tic toc.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess the FBI ran out of immunity deals during the Clinton email 'matter.'

Yes, that was the 'matter' that Comey prejudged and decided let Clinton off before he even interviewed her, which by the way was not even done under oath so she could lie with impunity.

And he wasn't even there to hear any lies if he was asked under oath.

Not even a transcript of the interview.

She had a "special" investigation.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Didn't Hillary do this exact same thing? Why is SHE not being prosecuted?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: kurthall

thats exactly what this about she said obama said dnc said she lost because RUSSIA. after trump got in office they started screaming collusion with russia trump blah blah blah. remember when after hillie lost obama blamed russians for supposidly hacking dnc and kicked out a bunch of people . there was no proof because dnc refused to let fbi cyberforensics team examine their computers.

I always found it interesting that Obama's response was such weak, token sanctions. Even some Democrats criticized the response as not being harsh enough punishment for what Russia supposedly did. I have wondered if that's because the administration knew they didn't have very solid evidence, so they didn't want to impose really tough sanctions based on what was really just a political narrative.

And hillary wanted to start a war over it, didn't she?

Former Trump Administration National Security Advisor Gen. Michael Flynn recently plead guilty to "lying to the FBI" after making a plea deal with the Special Counsel to testify against President Trump. While the mainstream media immediately took Flynn's plea as proof that their elaborate Russian conspiracy narrative was accurate, Lionel and Stefan Molyneux break down the facts and explain why things aren't as they are bring reported. Lionel (Michael Lebron) is an Emmy Award winning legal analyst and news decoder, a former prosecutor and licensed trial lawyer with The Lebron Firm.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Mueller has rescinded Manaforts bail deal.
He was caught contacting ..... a russian....with ties to Russian Intel.

WTF people???
edit on 1242017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join