It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guilt by Association

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You know, their favorite go-to tactic they need love to employ when making an argument, probably because without it their arguments would likely fall flat on their faces. But we know how the game goes - by any means necessary to confirm their beliefs and justify their hatred. Some 50 odd pages in the other thread about whether or not some group is racist (which is totally irrelevant) and people trying to attribute Trump to them because he re-tweeted some videos that were originally posted by them (by the way, the videos themselves were not created by this group). People are even going as far as saying the president is endorsing this group and their ideology.. wait, what? Who? Where? When? Why? Wow..

But Trump is jerk, a racist, a scumbag, and a Nazi, so why else would he re-tweet it right? It couldn't possibly be that he wanted to share the context of the actual videos themselves (which again, were not created by this group) and nothing more? No of course not, because Trump is a white supremacist racist piece of # and he hates Muslims. So lets instead discuss Trump and the group, not the videos themselves. Derp derp.

I swear at one point we were all considered Nazis because we were associated with someone that was associated with someone that was associated with someone that was apparently associated with the Nazis.. or something like that? Imagine if we applied this same standard across the board? Sorry, but I guess that now makes every single one of us pieces of #.

Ever re-tweeted Killary? How does it feel to endorse a murderer?

How about your favorite celebrity? Better hope you don't accidentally endorse a rapist, you rapist.

How about that picture your friend re-tweeted because it was funny? Oh crap, you better pray he didn't get it from an alien, because who wants to be an alien right?

This game is fun.

/r

is this even a rant?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
But Trump is jerk, a racist, a scumbag, and a Nazi, so why else would he re-tweet it right? It couldn't possibly be that he wanted to share the context of the actual videos themselves (which again, were not created by this group) and nothing more?

I'm with you. I don't think Trump cared about where the videos came from, just that they were lies he wanted his followers to believe, as usual.

Trump Retweets Fake Videos

So two of the videos turned out to be nothing like what they were described as. Maybe when the president personally shares fake news he should check his sources a little more.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Your OP is so ironic

"Let's discuss Trump and not the videos deep derp"

Oh you mean the video of a gang fight in New York that has been manipulates to push a fabricated narrative of a Muslim inspired event?

"But but but Killary,"

She lives rent free in your noggin'

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Weak and pathetic. I bet you cannot even elaborate how my OP is ironic, go for it.

Also, I see comprehension is not your strongest suit.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

just that they were lies he wanted his followers to believe, as usual.

Here, I think, you give Trump to much credit. In the first place, that motive relies upon Trumps ability to ascertain the difference between the truth and a lie. I don't think he has that ability.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

just that they were lies he wanted his followers to believe, as usual.

Here, I think, you give Trump to much credit. In the first place, that motive relies upon Trumps ability to ascertain the difference between the truth and a lie. I don't think he has that ability.

That is true as well. I'd almost respect him more if it was all part of some devious plan to mislead his followers.

The sad truth is, he probably believed they were real himself. I'm not sure if that's not as bad or worse, at this point.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but essentially plugging a known radical racist organization is not what a rational political leader does. It was an incredibly incompetent thing to do.

But thats not what shocked me, its always been quite clear to me that Trump is irrational and incompetent as a political leader.

What shocked me is how Trump blatantly and publicly attacked the UK's prime minister (the US's greatest ally), in an extremely childish manner, for critizing he's incompetent tweet.

The original tweet indicated what most people already knew, Trump is incompetent and not fit to be the President of the United States. His tweet to the British PM is an indication that Trump is not only incompetent, but also extremely mentally unstable.

The US president typing out childish insults to Americas greatest ally on frickin twitter! Thats some other realm s# right there...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Weak and pathetic. I bet you cannot even elaborate how my OP is ironic, go for it.

Also, I see comprehension is not your strongest suit.

You either die a grammar Nazi, or live long enough to see yourself make a typo

It's definitely ironic, lol, they way you continually say "they," then talk about guilt by association

I'm not too concerned with ad Homs so let 'em rip

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

That literally makes no sense at all, but nice try.

Enjoy your day.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

One thing this demonstrates is that he lacks an ability to fact check, or rather the desire to do so. He is so sure of himself that if it just sits with his current brain pudding, it must be true.

You know the latest Pocohontas thing? Even though it was he himself that was calling her Pocahontas previously, he did manage at least to make an attempt to squirm when he did it again by saying ''THEY call her Pocahontas''. And he used his ''soft'' voice, his ''compassionate voice'' to do so. But the fact that he said they indicates that he was attempting to deflect criticism away from himself.
And finishing off that debacle was the fact that the ceremony that was meant to honor Native Americans was held beneath a big picture of Old HIckory himself, Andrew Jackson, also known in his time as ''Indian Killer''

So, did he do that on purpose as one more slight? I doubt he even knew where he was at the time. He probably thinks that Andrew Jackson is one of the Jackson Five that never made it solo.

On one hand this ceremony positioning might have been a concoction of one of his more devious underlings, which would be bad, but even worse it was a total lack of diplomacy or cultural awareness on the part of his administration, and as you say, which is worse.

And oh, did you catch the latest little bit where British Prime Minister Teresa May commented on his re-tweeting those videos so he tweeted her back?? Problem was he tweeted to the wrong woman, one who had only 6 followers. The man is a complete disaster.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That literally makes no sense at all, but nice try.

Enjoy your day.

Your first sentence has "their," in it five times

And then you talk about guilt by association

I thought it was worthy of a few chuckles

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think Trump truly believes that the facts are whatever the person with the most power says they are. He's lived his entire life making good money by twisting the "facts" to his advantage.

While that toes the line on slimy business practices it is something that should never be tolerated in government. Especially openly, by the president himself without a hint of regret. Which is the problem I have with everyone defending him. They are normalizing a new type of accepted lying by our politicians by supporting Trump on this.

I think Trump is just oblivious to the consequences of his words or actions because he's never had to face any for either.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yep. Forget the slippery slope, he is a cliff.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I agree with you.

However, I still prefer Trump over Pence. I'd rather have a social liberal over a Christian fascist.

top topics

join