It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I may have contracted Hantavirus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
So, yeah. For the last few days it has seemed I have a wicked flu, but it hadn't been like any I'd had before. Similar symptoms, but added symptoms on top. Including two nights of complete insomnia, so grammar Nazis, not here or now. Yesterday was not as bad as the previous and I figured I was on the mend, but could not sleep at all and symptoms persisted.
Now. I moved into an old family building that I'very bee working on for a while about a month ago. Because the interior is mostly still a construction zone I was lax on cleaning up after the mice. "Been around mice lot's! No problem!"
So a couple of hours ago I'm still wide awake, still feeling strange when a mouse runs out across the floor.
"Hmm, what are the symptoms of Hantavirus?" Everything is dead on. Ok Internet, what can I do? No real cure or treatment from first signs of symptoms can spread in 3-5 days. Whoa this will be day 4. Uhh mortality rate if too late. 50/50...
So I'm a little nervous here. Shakily getting dressed and driving 30km of icy highway was fun, especially as I've been awake almost 48 hours now. Either way I don't have a link to post. Just wanted to share. Hopefully I'm just paranoid, but at 50/50 chance? It would be a stupid way to die.
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

Where do you live ?.... just general geographic area.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Okay....you got me scared now.
I live in the country side in northern ontario.
My cat slays a mouse in the house at least once a week.

The thing is though, he doesnt just kill it right away. He will hold it in his mouth throw it in the air then chase it and catch it again...he will do this over and over till the mouse is a dead mess.

So I always intervene and kill the mouse after he has a couple runs at it.

I never even heard of this virus before. But my skin is crawling just thinking about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThickAsABrick
So, yeah. For the last few days it has seemed I have a wicked flu, but it hadn't been like any I'd had before. Similar symptoms, but added symptoms on top. Including two nights of complete insomnia, so grammar Nazis, not here or now. Yesterday was not as bad as the previous and I figured I was on the mend, but could not sleep at all and symptoms persisted.
Now. I moved into an old family building that I'very bee working on for a while about a month ago. Because the interior is mostly still a construction zone I was lax on cleaning up after the mice. "Been around mice lot's! No problem!"
So a couple of hours ago I'm still wide awake, still feeling strange when a mouse runs out across the floor.
"Hmm, what are the symptoms of Hantavirus?" Everything is dead on. Ok Internet, what can I do? No real cure or treatment from first signs of symptoms can spread in 3-5 days. Whoa this will be day 4. Uhh mortality rate if too late. 50/50...
So I'm a little nervous here. Shakily getting dressed and driving 30km of icy highway was fun, especially as I've been awake almost 48 hours now. Either way I don't have a link to post. Just wanted to share. Hopefully I'm just paranoid, but at 50/50 chance? It would be a stupid way to die.
www.cdc.gov...
Warm bed, hot lemon and honey mate. Get well soon!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Muskoka region, Ontario Canada

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
you live in sierra leon?
you dont have hanta dude. less than 1k cases a year in the states

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I grew having mice in the house. This spread through their dried urine and feces if they're infected. So if you go into a building where they've had the run of the place, you have to do the job wet. Sweeping or vacuuming just puts it into the air. Do it wrong once can infect a person. Giving that I had.fans going most of the time to spread heat from the woodstove, I've basically been living in the perfect incubator for about a month.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Welcome to the English language

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

Welcome to the English language

ok.
well sucks for you cause you only have about 36 hours left

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Actually sorry I take that back. Many people don't realise it occurs in different forms in different parts of the world. There have been cases here in North America as well as Europe.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Actually sorry I take that back. Many people don't realise it occurs in different forms in different parts of the world. There have been cases here in North America as well as Europe.

www.cdc.gov...

As of January 2017, a total of 728 cases of Hantavirus Infection have been reported in the United States.

and i take that back
edit^

edit on 30-11-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

if youre not in the states i guess you are S O L

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Have you or are you going to see a Medical professional? I think you should get checked out and don`t wait around chattin about it here, better safe than sorry.

Having read this I just know I`m getting a computer virus.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You come across as more than tough enough to get through this situation.
Get plenty of rest and call us (email) in the morning.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Just left the hospital. Turns out it was or is "just" a strong flu combined with cyst I didn't know I had suddenly becoming infected. So they stabbed me in the side of the head which felt better than it sounds, drained it, patched me up and sent me home. Now I'm torn between going home and apply burnt earth sanitizing, or going home and sleeping like the dead.
Thanks Internet for scaring the crap out of me!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It is never easy to admit to self-inflected wounds.

Rest easy.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Good to hear, get home and have a good needed sleep.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

a reply to: gps777

Just left the hospital. Turns out it was or is "just" a strong flu combined with cyst I didn't know I had suddenly becoming infected. So they stabbed me in the side of the head which felt better than it sounds, drained it, patched me up and sent me home. Now I'm torn between going home and apply burnt earth sanitizing, or going home and sleeping like the dead.
Thanks Internet for scaring the crap out of me!

Glad it's the flu, although they're predicting a really bad flu season this year. Australia had a severe one, with higher deaths than normal. And it seems the vaccine was only 10% effective.

Eat lots of fruits and veggies, cut down on sugar and processed foods. Get lots of sleep, too. That should keep you right as rain.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Good to hear - be well. Take care in handling that shiit you work with.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Take it easy, and thanks for reminding me to get my shot today.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

"Hmm, what are the symptoms of Hantavirus?" Everything is dead o, or just bad luck. But, it is treaatablen. Ok Internet, what can I do? No real cure or treatment from first signs of symptoms can spread in 3-5 days. Whoa this will be day 4. Uhh mortality rate if too late. 50/50...
www.cdc.gov...

Rarely contracted, but not unusual. If it was? Farmers and owners of older properties, barns , shed and 100+ years old buildings and homes would be massively affected/infected/contracted. And that's not the worldwide and historically speaking-case.

You certainly COULD have contracted it...especially with over and repeated exposure, an already weakened condition..Detection and treatment are simple and effective...even in worse case scenarios.

I wouldnt worry too much...just get tested to reassure yourself!

Best, M.S./EMT

top topics

<<   2 >>

join