It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people acting like net neutrality isn't a big deal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
One of the things Obama administration did that I completely agreed with was protect net neutrality. Now, a year later, this issue has re-emerged again. The FCC has moved forward with the intention to basically monetize the internet as of December 14, 2017.

What surprises me even more is that this hasn't been more of topic of conversation here at ATS. Everyone seems rather blaise about the whole topic. Why?

Is it that people don't realize exactly what the FCC is proposing?

Net Neutrality and what happens if we lose it
edit on 29-11-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
One of the things Obama administration did that I completely agreed with was protect net neutrality. Now, a year later, this issue has re-emerged again. The FCC has moved forward with the intention to basically monetize the internet as of December 14, 2017.

What surprises me even more is that this hasn't been more of topic of conversation here at ATS. Everyone seems rather blaise about the whole topic. Why?

Is it that people don't realize exactly what the FCC is proposing?

Net Neutrality and what happens if we lose it

It is for me. I work in the sector and I can see reasonable arguments from both sides. What do you think happens when we lose it?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There too busy being angry at everything these days, governments around the world are taking away peoples freedom everyday ,but did you see what he/she said or did.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I find myself against net neutrality as I currently interpret it. I don't want the internet to be a commodity allowing the fcc to dictate it's ridiculous rules into it.

What am I missing in this discussion?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well maybe people are secretly hoping that their significant other will stay off FB for good! I sure the hell ain't going to pay for a subscription to FB.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TacticalStats

I find myself against net neutrality as I currently interpret it. I don't want the internet to be a commodity allowing the fcc to dictate it's ridiculous rules into it.

That's not what NN is, or does. Net Neutrality prevents it from becoming a commodity, and treats it as a utility, as it should.

See the other thread for the discussion.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I think that most bright people KNEW it was not going to last because they know an egalitarian (almost communist style) concept like net neutrality never stood a chance in the "sharknado" of global capitalism.

I see good and bad in it, but nearly all bad with moving away from net neutrality. There is NOTHING online I would subscribe to because it is not good enough quality and is not important enough to me. It is basically 99% spam.

I expect the rich will get the most access (they already do). Newspapers like The Times and The Economist are already totally elitist. Of course these people will be better informed because they can pay for it. We will be ghettoized unless we stick together in cliques like ATS. Don't let us down ATS. Us plebby webbies need you, Uncle "Suspicious" Sam.

edit on 29-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join