It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 30 Years, Alarmists Are Still Predicting A Global Warming ‘Apocalypse’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Your source is the Dailycaller, a right wing biased site that is known to publish false information.

mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Also worth checking out:
www.snopes.com...

So the only alternative is a left wing biased site?
No way to win!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't think Global Warming is a thing. It's an idea. And idea spawned from a billionaire mind, they're good at it. There is no such thing as global warming. If Money didn't exist we would'nt be having this conversation. We'd be discussing how rocks were damaging the environment instead.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And has that rate of rising not been continuous for the last 100 years or so???

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

can you post the tide guage data for your area to prove your "observation" and name your area so we can look up developments that might have affected sea level rise?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Contrary to your imaginary delusions, the consensus is quite clear:

The 97% consensus on global warming

Subsequent research has confirmed this result. A survey of 3146 earth scientists asked the question "Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?" (Doran 2009). More than 90% of participants had Ph.D.s, and 7% had master’s degrees. Overall, 82% of the scientists answered yes. However, what are most interesting are responses compared to the level of expertise in climate science. Of scientists who were non-climatologists and didn't publish research, 77% answered yes. In contrast, 97.5% of climatologists who actively publish research on climate change responded yes. As the level of active research and specialization in climate science increases, so does agreement that humans are significantly changing global temperatures

Approximately 90% of participants responded that human activity has had a primary influence over global temperatures over the past 250 years, with the other 10% answering that it has been a secondary cause, and none answering either that humans have had no influence or that temperatures have not increased. Note also that the participants expected less than 80% to peg humans as the primary cause, and a few percent to say humans have no influence - the consensus was significantly better than the participants anticipated

What are the dangers from global warming:

* Rising seas and increased coastal flooding

* Longer and more damaging wildfire seasons

* More destructive hurricanes

* More frequent and intense heat waves

* Widespread forest death in the Rocky Mountains

* More severe droughts in some areas

* Increased pressure on groundwater supplies

* Melting ice

* Destruction of coral reefs

Global Warming Impacts

Do NOTHING saves money and keeps BIG OIL in power. The Earth will be here no matter how much we degrade the quality of life. We can accept the science and still do nothing about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

It's a valid question as many U.S. coastal areas are experiencing subsidence rather than sea level rise.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Nothin

So. Trust no one. Ever. Especially scientists. Depend on your own senses and nothing else.

That's a productive approach. Do you ever travel by air?

Tell you what. I live by the water side. In the past 2 years the high tides have been higher than I have ever seen them. Same goes for the low tides. My senses tell me that sea levels are rising.

You know the sea is rising because you stand in one spot and notice the water rising above your ankles..You ever think that you might be putting on a little more weight than you think and are just sinking in the sand just a touch more each time?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Didn't AL GORE predict the end of mankind, or something like that, by 2016? I remember Rush Limbaugh's website giving Gore the benefit of the doubt, with a doomsday clock that counted down for years. It's gone now.

Mr Gore also stated that the north west passage would be open to ship traffic all year round, I remember the summer scientists fact finding cruse being stuck in ice.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

And what exactly do you think that the consensus was on the earth being the center of the universe, for the sun being the center of the universe?

This consensus bull# has been the main draw back of science. Just remember the only historically accurate scientific truth is that science is never currently accurate.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

You know the sea is rising because you stand in one spot and notice the water rising above your ankles.

No. I know that sea levels are rising because my seawall is being inundated on a regular basis. I know sea levels are rising because the yard behind my seawall is going away.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

can you post the tide guage data for your area to prove your "observation" and name your area so we can look up developments that might have affected sea level rise?

I live in Hawaii. I won't be more specific, sorry.
I have lived in my house for 21 years. There has been no particular change in the amount of development where I live.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulate at Bergen Norway. Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the Gulf Stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared. Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelt which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.

This troubling report can be read at the link below, in the US government's NOAA archives. It's in the archives because it's from 1922.

NOAA Report

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You know the sea is rising because you stand in one spot and notice the water rising above your ankles.

No. I know that sea levels are rising because my seawall is being inundated on a regular basis. I know sea levels are rising because the yard behind my seawall is going away.

What if Hawaii is sinking?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The island of Hawaii is subsiding, very slowly. But that rate hasn't changed much in a good number of centuries.

The island I live on has been undergoing a very slight uplift for the past 100 thousand years. Hawaii is sinking because it's getting bigger, this causes the older islands to be pushed upward. No enough to make much of a difference though. Sea level is rising faster.

edit on 11/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

There are a great number of factors that affect sea level rise.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

here is a possible explanation

www.sciencedaily.com...

Differing rates of relative sea-level rise on the islands of Oahu and Maui, Hawaii remain as the best explanation for the difference in island-wide shoreline trends (that is, beach erosion or accretion) after examining other influences on shoreline change including waves, sediment supply and littoral processes, and anthropogenic changes. Researchers from the University of Hawaii -- Manoa (UHM), School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology (SOEST) and the State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources published a paper recently showing that SLR is a primary factor driving historical shoreline changes in Hawaii and that historical rates of shoreline change are about two orders of magnitude greater than SLR.

some islands are subsiding and others are growing due to volcanic accretion.

Since you already knew this, please assume your assertions that it is "not enough to make a difference" when in fact, this study shows it is the major factor.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

some islands are subsiding and others are growing due to volcanic accretion.
Yes, I said that the island of Hawaii is getting bigger. It is also getting heavier so, while it is getting bigger it is subsiding. That subsidence is causing older islands to rise. Think of a big kid on a teeter totter. But the volcanoes on the older islands are extinct. No accretion going on here, just uplift.

Since you already knew this, please assume your assertions that it is "not enough to make a difference" when in fact, this study shows it is the major factor.

I've been in communication with Dr. Chip Fletcher of SOEST, cool guy. Shorelines are his specialty. There is a difference between shoreline trends and sea level changes. The very slow uplift which is occurring where I live is not nearly rapid enough to override rising sea levels.

edit on 11/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

ok Its quite clear that the entire area is quite dynamic in terms not only of the islands themselves but also the dynamics of plate tectonics. Its a wonder that scientists are able to tease out the sea level rise due to global warming and sea level rises due to the dynamics of the area (including volcanic accretions that occur under the sea). I had no idea that we had that much data.

thank you for telling me all about an informal conversation that you had.

Do you think you can back it up with some data? preferably satellite data compared to tidal guages???

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The island of Hawaii is subsiding, very slowly. But that rate hasn't changed much in a good number of centuries.

The island I live on has been undergoing a very slight uplift for the past 100 thousand years. Hawaii is sinking because it's getting bigger, this causes the older islands to be pushed upward. No enough to make much of a difference though. Sea level is rising faster.

Alright, and what do you attribute it to?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The alarmists never quit. They are tougher to stop than a Terminator. Different predictions, same general idea, for long decades now. The "people will en the world" stuff was going on when I was a kid, too. Nothing has happened that was predicted, in that regard.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join