It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman says Franken inappropriately touched her in 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Despite the fact I dislike franken, I will not call him guilty until more evidence is shown.

We are at a dangerous place calling for resignations based merely off of accusations.

I didn’t call him guilty either...

However, the “picture” said a lot...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Despite the fact I dislike franken, I will not call him guilty until more evidence is shown.

We are at a dangerous place calling for resignations based merely off of accusations.

-Chris

A "picture" is just a snapshot in time, with zero context.

Anyone not there, has no idea what was really going on.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

-Chris

Ok, what about the girl in the photo?

Her “context” seems to be clear...and she’s definitely “there”

-Chris

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

-Chris

Oh I didn't try to imply you did.

I just think that the jumps to call for the resignation of people based merely on accusations is leading to a very dark place.

And we need to have honest discussions about what constitutes sexual harassment vs. Assualt and what should be the societal (as in not legal system) punishment for those things.

I think the franken picture was him making a bad joke, and to me isn't a rideable offense, although I am open to hearing other opinions.

To me, the accusation of him forcing his tongue in her mouth is much more serious. Does this picture lend more credibility to the woman's claim about that?

I don't know.

As much as it hurts to say, I think he and the others should be given the presumption of innocence, and we should also respect the alleged victims at the same time.

If we don't do this, we will quickly come to a place where the slightest innocent gesture or flat out lie can be used without question to end anyone's career.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I am glad to hear a rational voice. It will become way to easy to destroy any innocent person in this new jumpy climate.

This is precisely why people resist the "every woman should be believed" thing. It's not sexism. It's because it sets a dangerous precedent, where anyone can be run out of their job the moment they are accused of something. Pretty soon, every election cycle will just be full of accusations at both candidates, and then their replacements. It will get to the point where it becomes like what the left has done to racism. It will no longer mean anything because everyone is a racist, or in this case everyone will be a sexual abuser.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

-Chris

You know who was there and had no idea what was going on? The person in the picture who's asleep.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Wait.... so Al Franken isn't gay???

Wow.

Al Franken likes anything sexual.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

There's a picture of him groping a woman, you fool

new topics

top topics