It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wes Goodman, Ohio state rep, quits over reported 'inappropriate behavior' with male

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Article

An Ohio state legislature rocked by allegations of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior saw another resignation this week as a first-term Republican representative abruptly departed.
Republican House Speaker Clifford Rosenberger said he learned Tuesday that Rep. Wes Goodman, of Cardington, had engaged in "inappropriate behavior related to his state office." Sources told the Columbus Dispatch that the incident happened weeks ago in Goodman’s office and involved a male in a consensual situation.

I don't care what someone's sexual leanings are, don't really need to know at all honestly...But is an office an appropriate place for such conduct?

According to his website, Goodman is a conservative Christian and former congressional campaign staffer to Republican U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan. He served as managing director of the Conservative Action Project, leading "the fight for conservative principles like balanced budget, lower taxes, repealing Obamacare, life, and religious liberty," his site says.

Good for him for standing up for what he believes ...oh wait. Isn't he married to a female?

an other source

Goodman regularly displayed photos of himself and his wife on his website, where he also wrote about protecting family values.

Personally I'm glad he stepped down. I'm getting sick of seeing representatives of the government who are hypocrites. Kind of ironic though, that after all his preaching about "family values" he's cheating on his wife. But it also makes me wonder how many times he's done this without being caught.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek
Another scumbag relegated to the trash heap where he belongs. I don't care what his sexual preferences are either but when I see someone preaching about family values, I don't expect a married, publicly heterosexual male to be in a relationship with one of his male staffers. Come out of the closet for goodness sake. Have a good cry with the family and try honesty for a change.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

This is the new chopping block, now? They are purging the ranks in the name of sexual misconduct and we go, oh what monsters, fire them all.

Not realizing this whole sexual crisis thing generated in the media is for that very purpose.

Like when the cops want to send someone to jail by planting drugs on them or in their vehicle.

.o2

Edit: You guys do realize this is exactly the modus operandi of J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI. He had dirt on everyone to use as blackmail. One of the reasons Kennedys despised him, wanted him gone and another reason the FBI assisted assassinating JFK and covering it up.

edit on 17-11-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

But is an office an appropriate place for such conduct?

If it's not illegal, and nobody got hurt, why not?

With respect to his preaching about family values, then gets caught with another man while he is married to a woman, I don't think he could have resigned quick enough.

I think it's just hilarious when these people who claim the "moral high ground" get caught in compromising situations like this. Otherwise I couldn't care less.

-dex

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Trump will surely chime in, otherwise there would be a sacrilegious 'double standard'.. right?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

This is the new chopping block, now? They are purging the ranks in the name of sexual misconduct and we go, oh what monsters, fire them all.

Not realizing this whole sexual crisis thing generated in the media is for that very purpose.

Like when the cops want to send someone to jail by planting drugs on them or in their vehicle.

.o2

Edit: You guys do realize this is exactly the modus operandi of J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI. He had dirt on everyone to use as blackmail. One of the reasons Kennedies despised him, wanted him gone and another reason the FBI assisted assassinating JFK and covering it up.

he 'purged' himself under his own volition.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

.o2

Edit: You guys do realize this is exactly the modus operandi of J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI. He had dirt on everyone to use as blackmail. One of the reasons Kennedies despised him, wanted him gone and another reason the FBI assisted assassinating JFK and covering it up.

he 'purged' himself under his own volition.

Impeaching politicians for sexual misconduct? Might as well hand out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.
edit on 17-11-2017 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

.o2

Edit: You guys do realize this is exactly the modus operandi of J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI. He had dirt on everyone to use as blackmail. One of the reasons Kennedys despised him, wanted him gone and another reason the FBI assisted assassinating JFK and covering it up.

Wait...so you're saying that this is all a scam? That this guy who was caught having an affair with a male, all the while he's married and representing family values...that it's nothing? Nothing to see, just move along?

Sorry, I think it's important that hypocrites be exposed...and while they are at it, get rid of the congressional slush fundfor crap like that, and get rid of the creeps that are running for office. They don't represent me, or you, or anyone decent.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Trump will surely chime in, otherwise there would be a sacrilegious 'double standard'.. right?

If Trump was smart, he wouldn't...and honestly I don't expect him to say a word about this low-level official.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
All of these sexual allegations are hard for me to digest. I can't imagine there isn't some misinterpretation of the facts or some sort of overreaction. I mean, if someone like me can go through life without doing this to someone why can't all these famous people?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The higher status person will always feel free to abuse, sexual and otherwise, the lower status person. It's a fundamental characteristic of hierarchy.

Whether or not they use to do so and it what manner is a function of personal character regardless of gender, religion or political leanings.

I, for one, am glad that the discussion is happening. I wish it were broader, but any discussion is better then blind acceptance.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I live a conservative life and am around conservative people most of the time. I have never actually seen this kind of disrespectful behavior so it is all a little weird to me that it is so prevalent elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
All of these sexual allegations are hard for me to digest. I can't imagine there isn't some misinterpretation of the facts or some sort of overreaction. I mean, if someone like me can go through life without doing this to someone why can't all these famous people?

Because you are a normal human being that doesn't allow power to go to his head.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: FyreByrd

I live a conservative life and am around conservative people most of the time. I have never actually seen this kind of disrespectful behavior so it is all a little weird to me that it is so prevalent elsewhere.

Hence the problem - it's considered normal behavior. Denial is a very every day psychological defense.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

.o2

Wait...so you're saying that this is all a scam? That this guy who was caught having an affair with a male, all the while he's married and representing family values...that it's nothing? Nothing to see, just move along?

Sorry, I think it's important that hypocrites be exposed...and while they are at it, get rid of the congressional slush fundfor crap like that, and get rid of the creeps that are running for office. They don't represent me, or you, or anyone decent.

Good luck getting rid of shush funds; fed, state or local, lol.

My suspicions were aroused by the number of all the recent allegations.

Like I said,

".o2"

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

.o2

Like I said,

".o2"

So you don't mind paying your tax dollars for their dalliances?

I understand where you are coming from...and there is a slew of allegations out there. But this guy was caught red-handed and tendered his own resignation. Methinks this is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

.o2

Like I said,

".o2"

I understand where you are coming from...and there is a slew of allegations out there. But this guy was caught red-handed and tendered his own resignation. Methinks this is a good thing.

Poor don't pay tax, stopped voting a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

.o2

Like I said,

".o2"

ah then you purged yourself a long time ago as well. The point is moot with you.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

.o2

Like I said,

".o2"

ah then you purged yourself a long time ago as well. The point is moot with you.

I return to Platos Cave to help others see their 'moot'.

top topics

join