It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool things to do with a magnetron (surprise bonus added)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So while going through youtube videos about microwave repair, I stumbled across a cool video of some Ukrainians playing with a magnetron rigged to a can playing with light bulbs and other various conductors, when suddenly...well skip to 1:15 if you can't wait that long. Then after a nifty plug at the end of the video (around the 3:18 mark) more normality occurs!

Just another day in 2015 Ukraine!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Very cool!

I guess they're using the metal can as a wave guide to focus the microwaves.

I saw another video where some guys were playing around with a magnetron and pointed it at a boom box, which blew up after a few seconds of exposure.

These things are available everywhere, just a little dumpster diving required. Most of the time the membrane switch panel malfunctions and people just toss them out and buy a new one. It's cheaper than trying to get the old one fixed.

-dex

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

What idiots not only are they killing themselves but run the risk of blowing stuff up in their faces. On the plus side though should cause sterility and i think everyone agrees we shouldnt have them having kids.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
a reply to: dragonridr

You guys didn't hear the bomb and gunfire in the background while they casually carry on?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You guys didn't hear the bomb and gunfire in the background while they casually carry on?

i assumed it was a military test fire range.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Holy crap! I had the volume turned down low. I heard the noise, but it didn't register that it was an explosion and the sound of a missile that passed very close to where they were working. I somehow thought that was part of their experiment.

-dex

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Lol right?

I was seriously wondering about that. They didn't seem to mind it haha

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Interesting nobody has considered weaponizing these things into some kind of super villain ray gun. Maybe these guys were giving it more power than a normal microwave gets?? The power source Its off screen somewhere, what could it be?

Maybe these guys were somewhere near the Eastern line?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

What idiots not only are they killing themselves but run the risk of blowing stuff up in their faces.

Microwave ovens shield from escaping radiation.

Outside that containment, reflecting and scattering from metal, yah pretty dangerous.

They can get cancer, sterilize themselves, get 'burned'.

I was waiting for one of them to hold it up to their head to 'see if it hurts'.
edit on 17-11-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Interesting nobody has considered weaponizing these things into some kind of super villain ray gun. Maybe these guys were giving it more power than a normal microwave gets?? The power source Its off screen somewhere, what could it be?

Maybe these guys were somewhere near the Eastern line?

A few feet away the microwaves disperse, you might get sterilized though. Nazis used similar method to sterilize 'undesirables'.

They were brought into a room and stood before a desk to be 'interviewed'. They didn't know they were being irradiated by devices hidden in the desk at waist height.

Alluded to in here.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

alright so i watched some more of his videos these guys are in the Ukraine, the video is from Jun 30, 2015 when they had war, he talks about it and shows alot of it in this video 4 months later,

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

i assumed it was a military test fire range.

If so, that's some balls to remain so calm, the Luhansk separatists(the military that would be responsible for the gunshots and artillery) were basically made up of a bunch of drunken Ukrainians and Russians.

top topics

join