It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Got Back from Iceland!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Very beautiful! It’s been on my bucket list, but it has now gone up a few spaces to the top.

Also thought it was quite a coincidence seeing both threads (this and the Icelandic shows & movies) on the New Topics page tonight. Must be a sign, lol!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
EEEeEeeEeEee!! I'm SOOO jealous!! LUCKY YOU!!!

Thank you for your description and Stunning photos..Soooo beautiful. I would love to go there.
Just lovely. Thanks again, looking forward to more pics

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Great picture and a beautiful country, I like it a little warmer. You mentioned that they live on completely renewable energy, are all there cars and trucks electric??

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I've just told my friend how Iceland is my favorite place on Earth. I have been there twice, four months in the summer and two months in the winter, the most magical place I could ever think of being in... The nature is literally overwhelming in all directions, at some parts of Iceland you can drive for hours and barely see any houses or other vehicles. Just mountains, glaciers, rivers, lava fields, and a vast open space.

A must visit for any bucket listers with a fetish to cold and isolated places.

edit on 17-11-2017 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Did you make it to the Wall? Did you see any White Walkers?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol, I must be one of the few people in the world who hasn't seen GOT.
I'm quite glad though that White Walkers don't inhabit the place as they look terrifying.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I love threads like this one! So glad you liked it over here. That church tower is called Hallgrímskirkja and every Sunday you can hear its bells ring all over downtown. My favorite place on here is Snæfellsnes. ( www.west.is... ) It has been the inspiration for many fictional adventures and almost real ones too. The energy of that place is incredible and I really recommend visiting that place. Back in 1993 a few international psychics + our Icelandic ones got a message from aliens who said they were going to land on the mountains of Snæfellsjökull ( grapevine.is... )
I was twelve years old during that time and remember sitting on the bus on my way home that Friday and EVERYBODY were talking about it, even the radio had people calling in and everybody had an opinion. Have to admit I was a little bit disappointed in the end when the aliens bailed on us last minute, but it is what it is, they must've had galaxies to guard somewhere else

Close to Snæfellsnes, is another place...a magical little island called Flatey í Breiðafirði. The energy over there is DIFFERENT. All the houses have been kept in the same condition as they were in when they were built and there is no traffic over there so it's really similar to stepping into a time machine and going 100+ years back in time. ( flatey.com... ) My great grandfather grew up there so I always feel a bit more connected to this place. Have been there 2 times and plan to go again

As for us Icelanders and English, yes the majority of us speaks it perfectly and I think (in my case at least) it's due to American culture. We start learning British English in school at 10 years old , but for me (and most of my peers) I was already into video games at that time and was buying video game magazines at that point, without knowing the words I sort of could guess what the words meant. So with that background I started studying English in school, then hip hop happened to me and more video games, then the internet happened to me etc lol Pop culture finally has its advantages.

The latest saga in Iceland is the world cup, we managed to qualify for the first time in history and while at it we beat Trinidad & Tobago's old record of being the smallest nation ever to qualify.
Nowadays every Icelander is holding their breath waiting for the draw on Dec. 1st, then we're looking at the craziest summer of Iceland in recent history. (for those of us who´ll still be here, I have a feeling a good % of the nation will be in Russia lol)

Threads like this one are inspiring. I have all this nature almost in my backyard, but when you do...you often tend to overlook it. This is a reminder that I have to travel more within my own country, thank you for posting this!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Lol, I must be one of the few people in the world who hasn't seen GOT.

It was nice being friends with you while it lasted.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Verse

Oh, I wish I had talked to you before I came! Thanks for all the incredible info, and for taking the time to share.
We share a love of hip hop, and now part of my heart is reserved for Iceland

My brother and I are super excited to root for you guys in the World Cup.

I'll let you know if I can ever make it out your way again (I sure hope so!)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I feel like you've been waiting a while for the right topic to say all of this

The aliens probably bolted after seeing hakarl!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Oh, I wish I had talked to you before I came! Thanks for all the incredible info, and for taking the time to share.
We share a love of hip hop, and now part of my heart is reserved for Iceland

My brother and I are super excited to root for you guys in the World Cup.

I'll let you know if I can ever make it out your way again (I sure hope so!)

Hope so too! and you're welcome
Hip hop and Iceland, nothing beats that!
If you have any questions about Iceland anytime, feel free to ask.
You and your brother are very welcome to our supporting team in the world cup . Hopefully our crazy commentator gets to go mad again like he did last summer, (he's my neighbour btw!)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
I feel like you've been waiting a while for the right topic to say all of this

The aliens probably bolted after seeing hakarl!

haha i could have written way more! In reality though, the aliens are interdimensional beings which means they exist at all times at once, so they heard the loud thump of the viking clap and got scared !

HÚH!!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Verse
Hopefully our crazy commentator gets to go mad again like he did last summer, (he's my neighbour btw!)

"Boo all you want England! Iceland's going to Stade de France!" LOL. I sure hope so too, this guy is great.

Thanks, when the questions arise, I'll know who to ask!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Was having trouble uploading some of these, but found a way

A "few" more shots from around the city and gorgeous countryside

It's impossible NOT to get a gorgeous shot there.

Thanks to everyone who stopped in to look and comment!

And thanks to our resident Icelander Verse! Great info!!!

edit on 17-11-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Well this is awkward.

To where do I return this nifty friendship badge?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Well this is awkward.

To where do I return this nifty friendship badge?

Call our HQ at 1-888-EAT-KIDS.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

"It's impossible NOT to get a gorgeous shot there."

You're right, that is some scenery right there. Of course it appears that you also know your way around a camera, so there's that. =) You have a good eye.

Man, you're making it hard to not want to start packing, you and Verse are just trouble makers. heheh
I REALLY enjoyed you stories and pictures!

I have to ask, in Fortitude EVERYONE carries a hunting rifle in case of Polar Bears, did you see any of that at all?
That may sound as weird as when I was in Colorado and they asked me if we really rode horses... heheh I live in Texas...

Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

Man, you're making it hard to not want to start packing, you and Verse are just trouble makers. heheh
I REALLY enjoyed you stories and pictures!

LOL, not the first time I've been accused of trouble making! Prime agitator here, particularly when one is feeling the most comfortable

SO glad you enjoyed the pictures and stories, and thankful for everyone's contribution.

I have to ask, in Fortitude EVERYONE carries a hunting rifle in case of Polar Bears, did you see any of that at all?
That may sound as weird as when I was in Colorado and they asked me if we really rode horses... heheh I live in Texas...

Thanks again!

Ha ha, I'm from Colorado, imagine that.
This might be a question for Verse... BUT I did have a few very interesting conversations with Pall (from OP) about guns, and the arduous process through which to acquire them in Iceland, and the impression I had was that those who do own guns use them solely for hunting and keep them locked tight when not in use.

Welcome back to CO any time, lol. Though maybe another, more Northern locale is in the cards, I hope?
edit on 17-11-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It's impossible NOT to get a gorgeous shot there.

Have me and DB stand in front of your thermal springs when you take a picture and watch how un-gorgeous it becomes.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Lol, good point.

I didn't think of the potential for such a blight but...
it's out there~!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join