It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reported On Nov 10: Mysterious UFO Video From USS Nimitz Fighter Jet Intrigues Researchers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This video was supposedly shot in 2004, from a Super Hornet fighter from the carrier USS Nimitz. Tom DeLonge even referenced about it on Oct. 11, while talking about the creation of his To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science. This UFO encounter, involving a fighter jet, was mentioned in a 2015 article in fightersweep.com.

On the morning of 14 November 2004, Dave and his WSO launched into the clear blue Southern California sky about a hundred miles southwest of San Diego. Their Call Sign was FASTEAGLE 01. His wingman and WSO launched just after them in FASTEAGLE 02. They climbed overhead the ship and rendezvoused in normal fashion before setting off to their assigned work area in the open ocean south of USS Nimitz.

The Nimitz Carrier Strike Group had been on station for a few weeks already, working to integrate the operations of the carrier with her various support ships, including the Ticonderoga Class Guided Missile Cruiser, USS Princeton. As far as Dave was concerned, it was a standard day in a normal work up cycle.

What Dave didn’t know was for the past several days, Princeton had been picking up some bizarre returns on their Death Star-worthy SPY-1 radar. On several occasions beginning 10 November, the Fire Control Officer and the extremely experienced Fire Control Senior Chief had detected multiple returns descending from far above the radar’s scan volume–somewhere higher than 80,000 ft. The targets, dubbed Anomalous Aerial Vehicles (AAVs), would drop from above 80K to hover roughly 50 feet off the water in a matter of seconds.

At the time, the SPY-1 was the most sophisticated and powerful tactical radar on the planet. With it, they were able to track these AAVs while they descended, hovered and then zipped away at speeds, turn rates and accelerations faster than any known friendly or threat aircraft. Impossibly fast.

As he was descending through about 20K he was startled by the sight of a white object that was moving about just over the frothing water. It was all white, featureless, oblong and making minor lateral movements while staying at a consistent low altitude over the disk of turbulent water.

In his debrief comments, Dave, his WSO and the two other crews stated the object had initially been hovering like a Harrier. They described it as uniformly white, about 46 feet long (roughly fighter-sized), having a discernible midline horizontal axis (like a fuselage) but having no visible windows, nacelles, wings or propulsion systems.

The IR camera did not detect roiling hot gasses blasting from below the AAV, as they would with a Harrier or a helicopter. It was simply hanging in midair. He switched to the TV mode and was able to again lock the FLIR onto the object while still trying, with no luck, to get a STT track on the radar. As he watched it, the AAV moved out of his screen to the left so suddenly it almost seemed to disappear.

Somehow the tape made its way to YouTube. A few years after the incident, when first telling me the story, Dave pointed me to the link. It was unremarkable without the background information. But folded into context it was amazing, especially the slow-mo of the dot accelerating out of screen. For years I told the story to friends and showed them the video as punctuation. However last month when I called Dave to refresh my memory before sitting down to write this bizarre encounter, he informed me that the video had been removed from YouTube. He told me that a government agency with a three letter identifier had recently conducted an investigation into the AAVs and had exhaustively interviewed all parties involved.

fightersweep.com...

Here's the supposed video from the Hornet fighter jet:

What's weird is that this video has suddenly popped up on YouTube again, soon after DeLonge talked about it. Here's some information about this video, that was in an article published in a Cleveland news webpage on November 10:

the tale was rekindled exponentially when former Blink-182 frontman Tom DeLonge referenced it Oct. 11 during his announcement about the creation of his To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science.

DeLonge didn’t show any video from the 2004 incident with the Nimitz and various UFOs about 100 miles from San Diego but he has teased that one of the group’s goals is to release such previously classified video and documents.

Since the announcement, what could be described as video from the display the pilot sees has popped up in several places on Youtube and other internet sites.

Author John B. Alexander of Las Vegas believes the incident happened, but he hasn’t confirmed the video. Alexander – whose books include “UFOs” Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities” -- told FOX5 he believes the video originated with the U.S. Navy. Alexander said in an email that he “asked one of the guys who saw it in a classified version,” and that his source “was very highly placed, and I mean very highly placed.” He added: “The update is they believe the video to be real, but do not-- do not -- confirm the authenticity. Others videos are likely soon to similar incidents.”

Robert Powell lives in Austin, Texas, and publishes on the Facebook page Scientific Coalition for Ufology. He said: “The video was first found on a German film site back in 2007 I believe. That makes one suspicious, but there is no proof that the video was doctored by the German film students. I'm not aware that anyone has looked at the video and made a determination that it was edited in some fashion.”

www.cleveland19.com... edium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So, I guess the first questions we need to ask is: 1) when was the first YouTube clip involving this incident posted on YouTube? 2) Was a government agency responsible for removing this video clip on YouTube? There is speculation on the authenticity of this footage. A researcher, Isaac Kol, who sometimes posts HERE ON ATS, stated this in the Cleveland news article:

Back in 2007, I tracked the first online copy of the video back to the website of a group of German film students that specialized in creating science fiction movies with lots of special effects (Vision Unlimited). His post also included, “in 2007, I was inclined to reach the tentative conclusion that it was a hoax... I find it very interesting that the current rounds of discussion seem to ignore the provenance of the footage…” Kol told FOX5 in an email, “I don’t claim to have debunked that footage – merely shown that the place that it was originally posted raises red flags pending further evidence.”

www.cleveland19.com... edium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So, did these German film students make a "hoax" clip showing the radar footage of the Super Hornet fighter jet? Or, did they in fact have a copy of the original clip, that was released after the incident and then suddenly removed? Was DeLonge involved in the release of this clip to spruce up his credibility?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
TDL’s credibility is practically nil, so I can’t really see this helping him at this point. If it’s genuine to begin with.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I agree with you. IMO, it's just a new venture for Tom to make money on a subject he finds interesting. This story is intriguing, especially the full article on fightersweep.com. I bet there are hundreds of UFO sightings from military pilots every year around the world. The truth is suppressed, because they're probably given the "riot" act and warned not to mention it to anyone.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I trust what Isaac Koi says.

Seems sketchy.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I pretty much read the first 2 sentences, saw TDL (tl;dr?) and just watched the (unimpressing) video.

Please don't attach his name to stuff. Was interested before I read that.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Pretty interesting. But the timing is a little suspicious...
However it got the attention of MUFON...
MUFON: Call to Congress

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I trust what Isaac Koi says.

Seems sketchy.

I second this. Isaac, as they always are, has a bang-up thread about this alleged UFO encounter and thoroughly debunks it. There may be more than one thread on this alleged encounter here on ATS -- I'm not suggesting this thread needs to be closed or the discussion moved to existing threads -- do you recall any other threads, beyond Isaac Koi's, concerning this alleged incident (definitely not asking you to search ATS just asking if you remembered off-the-top)?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Well, the video and Tom DeLonge might be sketchy, but the story itself seems credible. This guy wrote the story on fightersweep.com

Paco Chierici flew A-6E Intruders and F-14A Tomcats during his 10 year active duty career. He flew the F-5 Tiger II for a further 10 years as a Bandit concurrent with his employment as a commercial pilot. Paco is currently a 737 captain. Paco is also the creator and producer of the award winning naval aviation documentary Speed and Angels. Paco has written articles for various international and domestic magazines as well as regular contributions to Fighter Sweep. He has signed with an agent to represent the sale of his debut novel, Lions in the Sky, a naval aviation thriller. Paco has the standard panoply of medals and ribbons but his proudest accomplishment is the Top Nugget award for landing grades from his first deployment.

fightersweep.com...

Here's the closing 2 paragraphs from the article that appeared in fightersweep.com I think it's fairly compelling.

I’m not sure what to make of these events. I’ve loved the story since first listening because it is so crazy. I had never given aliens or UFOs much thought. It was a waste of my CPU power to mull a question like that. If they wanted to make contact, they would. If they wanted to observe from a distance, then they would be impossible to discern given the assumed high technology required to visit.

But now I was faced with credible witnesses. Not crackpots wearing foil hats but people I knew and people who were from my world. There were multiple, corroborating platforms that detected the AAVs using varied sensors. And, of course, the eight eyeballs that actually got a visual on the white tic-tac as Dave maneuvered to merge with it. He doesn’t have to be a stranger to you either. Watch him on the PBS series, Carrier, and generate your own opinion of his professionalism and sanity.

fightersweep.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Already got a thread on this,a few posts down

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

My apologies...I read about this story on Nov. 10th and looked at the forum to see if it was posted. Didn't think to look further down into October's posts. In addition, this story was originally posted on ATS in 2007. I guess there has been triple posts on this story. Sorry folks.

top topics

join