It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary: Tashi and the Monk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So.. I wasn't even looking or planning on watching anything, but as I was surfing the web I accidentally stumbled upon this amazing gem of a film. I was only planning to watch the first few minutes before moving on, but before I knew it, 40 minutes had gone by and the affect it had on me afterwards was so profound I felt like I just had to share it. Captivated me from the opening frame all the way to the last, this is truly one of the most amazing and beautiful films I have ever seen. I promise anyone that gives this film a chance will walk away with something they'll keep forever. Whoever made this film did an excellent job. The cinematography and scenery is absolutely breathtaking, but it's the heart of the film that will surely make you feel some type of way (if you have a soul). Enjoy!

Sorry, I couldn't find a Youtube link to embed. Watch here (40 mins)

Quick synopsis

Nestled deep within the foothills of the Himalayas, Jhamtse Gatsai is one of the most extraordinary and inspiring communities you're likely to witness. It's led by Buddhist Monk Lobsang, a renowned spiritual teacher who works to create a reality of love and acceptance for children who have been abused or orphaned. Tashi and the Monk follows that mission as it relates to one of the newest arrivals to his commune - a reluctant five-year old girl who's endured unimaginable neglect and tragedy during her brief life. By the time Tashi enters the community, she has suffered the death of her mother and abandonment by her alcoholic father. The youngest resident, she is ill-tempered and aggressive with many of her adolescent co-habitants.

Lobsang's approach does not rely on professional psychologists, prescription medications or any of the often misguided remedies set forth by modern medicine. He's more interested in building an environment that nourishes the soul. With tremendous patience and a graceful, calming manner, he empowers Tashi and the more than 80 additional children under his counsel to appreciate the gift that is their lives. He infuses them with a generosity of spirit and a shared sense of purpose, and unlocks within them an awareness of their own potential.

edit on 13-11-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: *grabs tissue*

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wow. Thank you, KH, that was extremely profound and entirely fascinating. Maybe even life-changing for some of us. Best 40-mins I've spent in awhile.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

edit on 11/13/2017 by Tundra because: Tried to embed. Failed.

edit on 11/13/2017 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Glad you enjoyed it GUT!

Not only will it be life-changing for some (I feel like I've grown as a human being in these 40 mins), but the message is probably more important now than ever.

top topics

join