It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update's on history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I find a few nice reports today. That i will put in one post, as maybe they are not new to everyone.

1. "Gates of Solomon’s Desert Fortress Discovered"
That would be another proof of the Bible being also more or less accurate in history. Although you could wonder how they identify these founds

What are likely to be Solomon’s gates, as described in the Bible, have been uncovered at the Biblical Tamar Park in southern Israel. Paul Lagno, Bible student and participant in a five-day dig at the Biblical Tamar Park, said that the discovery gives evidence to the Biblical account of Judean control over Tamar. Read more at www.breakingisraelnews.com...
Link to source

2. "Megalithic Wonder At Huaytara Near Paracas Peru"

This one i'm more excited about. Some "new" precision stone work found by Brian Foerster. I really like this guy.
I not always come to the same conclusions, but that doesn't matter. He is a hands on person, travels to the locations of interest and does hands on research and documentation , and yes paid tours to.. how bad

Anyway, he has documented in this next video some more precision stone work.

Enjoy.
edit on 13-11-2017 by EartOccupant because: Added a link

edit on 13-11-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
HIS scrolls have THE BEST MAGICAL formulae...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The locals told him it was fire damage, but he's decided it's plasma from the Sun in some apocalypse (plugs his new book here)? Yet no other buildings from the era show this damage?

And you LIKE this guy?

Harte

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

If you did read my statement before you started typing you would have read: "not always come to the same conclusions"

Now show me a real archaeologist who is documenting and free spreading their finds on difficult accessible places. And making videos about it to share for free.

The problem is that now a days you are lucky with a few photo's and a small article from the professionals.

Do archaeologists not have video and YouTube? Or is that below their statue?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: Harte

If you did read my statement before you started typing you would have read: "not always come to the same conclusions"

Now show me a real archaeologist who is documenting and free spreading their finds on difficult accessible places. And making videos about it to share for free.

The problem is that now a days you are lucky with a few photo's and a small article from the professionals.

Do archaeologists not have video and YouTube? Or is that below their statue?

Foerster is no archaeologist.
Jean Pierre Protzen is the acknowledged expert in this area, and you can read a lot of his stuff online. He appears in a few videos that people have put up - NatGeo documentaries, Nova documentaries, etc., but Protzen doesn't need to advertise books or tours like Foerster, who spends his time making up crap about various ancient sites to drum up tour business.

Harte

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I never did say he was.

Jean Pierre Protzen is the acknowledged expert in this area, and you can read a lot of his stuff online. He appears in a few videos that people have put up - NatGeo documentaries, Nova documentaries, etc., but Protzen doesn't need to advertise books or tours like Foerster, who spends his time making up crap about various ancient sites to drum up tour business.

I youtubed Jean Pierre... guess what .. no video's but.. Oh look, he sells books too ... * grinn *

All fun to the side.

You are totally missing the point.
I stated that at least there are people willing to make the effort to show remarkable stuff from our past. Using drones, trying new stuff. Sharing their findings and pictures.

What do we get from "real archaeologists" ? A few grainy pictures and then a 10 year waiting for some peer reviewed paradigm fitting report behind a payed wall.

You have to wonder why that is? Maybe they should look up some time instead of down and realize we live in 2017 now : )

And while we are waiting for that, i'm happy with people like Brian Foerster and others , who do make an effort.

edit on 14-11-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

I never did say he was.

I youtubed Jean Pierre... guess what .. no video's but.. Oh look, he sells books too ... * grinn *

All fun to the side.

You are totally missing the point.
I stated that at least there are people willing to make the effort to show remarkable stuff from our past. Using drones, trying new stuff. Sharing their findings and pictures.

What do we get from "real archaeologists" ? A few grainy pictures and then a 10 year waiting for some peer reviewed paradigm fitting report behind a payed wall.

You have to wonder why that is? Maybe they should look up some time instead of down and realize we live in 2017 now : )

And while we are waiting for that, i'm happy with people like Brian Foerster and others , who do make an effort.

Why? Because Archaeologist have to work. What Foerster does is "work" too, but it's working to sell books and tour tickets.

A single site can take decades to analyze for an Archaeologist. But you want him to stop and make a youtube vid so you can see his site?

Like I said, Protzen is on youtube on some documentaries made by NOVA and NatGeo. He doesn't have a youtube channel. Believe it or not, he's usually too busy sifting tiny artifacts out of soils, analyzing and categorizing each one individually, and trying to put together a reasonable hypothesis about what went on at a particular site based on that information.

You want nice pictures of the sites, watch those documentaries I told you about. They are made by people who make a living creating film about such things, rather than actually doing the archaeology.

Even Ancient Aliens uses clips from History Channel documentaries in their graphics and in most of their views of ancient sites.

Harte
edit on 11/14/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If you join academia.edu (it's free,) you can read this old paper from Protzen. See what actual archaeology is like.

There are others around on the internet.

Harte

top topics

join