It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lurker lifting his veil...Hello ATS from UndeadWarrior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I have posted on a few topics here in the last few weeks and figured I would finally formally introduce myself...the time is right for me. I have been lurking here for several years now...not sure how long.

I am Undead Warrior, from Quebec, Canada(that french part of Canada where many families live in large igloos). I have been using this Pseudo on the interwebs for 17 years now...I was a minor at that time, I am 32 now. The story behind it is for another day...

I was an awkward geek for a long time, now I'm just special, sometimes awkward and not that much of a geek anymore. I like to think we all are special in our own way. I have disconnected from the realm that is gaming, the progress of technology and most social media forms.

I figure I can give a quick description of who I am and why I am here.
- I do not believe in one religion, I used to call myself an atheist however I now believe they are all right, all wrong and all the same in some shape or form. They are all one, we are all one and someday(I hope), we all will realize that we are one and we have been misled voluntarily or involuntarily over time for good or for bad.
- I am what society has defined as a Caucasian male with 2 children who has come to realize we are nothing more than living organisms with free will and limited amount of time on this earth to spend doing the things we love and being with the people we love.
- I am Caucasian by my skin tone, however my roots are of various ethnicity. My children could have potentially been born with any hair color, eye color or skin tone and my spouse would not be to blame as part of my ancestors are from areas that have been invaded by countless cultures over the course of multiple millennia.
- I have no faith in governments, corporations or establishments. I am tied to a system that I must respect whether I believe in it or not as social norms and human survival currently depend on it.
- This distrust leads me to approach anything with an open mind. I do not believe or disbelieve anything. I have a bias towards certain opinions however so long as this world's leaders make decisions for economical and self righteous reasons, I will have some belief in every conspiracy out there.
- I believe I am as some call it "awakening". Everyday I feel I have a clearer vision of the beauty that is our world, the scars we are leaving on it and the interconnection of everything around each and every one of us.
- In the last 5-6 months, I have grown closer to nature...I have spent more time outdoors in this time span than I did in the last 10 years, a time span during which I spent most of my time in front my TV, mobile and/or computer screen slowly withering away. I have quit smoking cigarettes, marijuana, started meditating (not as regularly as I should yet), I have cut "cable TV" and barely watch anything anymore,I have a sudden dire craving to eat healthier more frequently and be outside.
- I want to be part of the change, I truly believe that if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Ignorance is not an excuse, most close their eyes to the problems that lie in front of them because they have nor the energy, the time or the desire to admit these blatant problems. Just admitting a problem exists is a step to a solution.
- I hope to take part and to help with these issues in the coming weeks, months and years...however I have not figured out how. I believe the members of what I will call the collective consciousness and skills of ATS can be a first step in guiding me through what may be a slow and painful or maybe even impossible quest that I may abandon. I believe talking about our world issues is a first step to finding the solutions...

This intro is more than I expected to share, however if feels right and it is done. Thanks for your time ATS!

The title of this post is a clear reference to a post by a member who seems to no longer be posting since said post which still has me intrigued...
edit on 9-11-2017 by UndeadWarrior because: typo

edit on 9-11-2017 by UndeadWarrior because: That was NOT a quick description of me!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry. You identify as a white male. Membership revoked in the name of diversity.

j/k

...welcome aboard

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I'm sorry. You identify as a white male. Membership revoked in the name of diversity.

j/k

...welcome aboard

I'm sorry. Madmac has revoked membership in the name of diversity. Membership reinstated in the name of solidarity.

j/k

... get out

Just pulling your leg... Welcome! As someone that tries to hang on to the middle ground of potentiallity and plays the occasional devil's advocate just to see how people react, I say, good luck hanging on to that. This place has a way of polarizing people unless they actively reject it. I think it will be nice to have another member around that can vocalize for rational consideration though.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UndeadWarrior

Happy Ascension and into the unveiled realms of the open membership. An interesting person you are.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UndeadWarrior
- In the last 5-6 months, I have grown closer to nature...I have spent more time outdoors in this time span than I did in the last 10 years, a time span during which I spent most of my time in front my TV, mobile and/or computer screen slowly withering away. I have quit smoking cigarettes, marijuana, started meditating (not as regularly as I should yet), I have cut "cable TV" and barely watch anything anymore,I have a sudden dire craving to eat healthier more frequently and be outside.

Canadian? I have seen "Red Green", the "MacKenzie brothers" and "Terrence and Philip". A very sad cultural exchange.

BTW, Mr. "Back to Nature"... a few of your moose pissed off my goats and alpacas today... we expect reparations...

edit on 9-11-2017 by madmac5150 because: Blame Canada!!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Welcome!

edit on 9-11-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Okey dokey then, well I will say you're certainly not afraid to share, Welcome to ATS UndeadWarrior, and please ignore me I'm just giving you crap haha. Always a pleasure to meet someone as open as you seem to be.

Have fun and avoid the mud-pit unless you have a thick skin.
edit on 227pm1616pm102017 by Bassago because: stupid typo

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Oh you're one of those! I would revoke your reinstatement knowing that, however I never identified as a "white male", I said Society identifies me as a Caucasian male.

I'm actually somewhere between white and brown due to the half Italian genes...that said, Madmac's ground for revoking my membership would be inadmissible in my book.

In both the name of Solidarity and diversity, I will clarify that I am half French Canadian and Half Italian (Sicilian more specifically). The first few sentences of wiki about Sicily sums up the diversity of my genes pretty well:

The history of Sicily has been influenced by numerous ethnic groups. It has seen Sicily sometimes controlled by external powers — Roman, Vandal and Ostrogoth, Byzantine and Islamic — but also experiencing important periods of independence, as under the Siceliotes of Greek origin and later as the autonomous Emirate then Kingdom of Sicily.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I don't recall having seen a live moose in my lifetime...but I've eaten some! Big cities here have squirrels and what do you call those birds that fight for mcDonalds french fries? Oh yea trash bags...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Caucasian, literally, refers to people native to the Caucasus, but it has become interchangeable with any number of ‘White’ populations, most of whom trace their ancestry to Europe. One gets the feeling that the term ‘White’ fell out of favor and was replaced by ‘Caucasian’ much like ‘Black’ was replaced by ‘African-American’. But the roots of such terminology are a bit disturbing; it was postulated that the natives of the Caucasus exhibited the idealized physical 

I personally prefer 'Anglo Saxon'.
edit on 9-11-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Yay, my first moment "official" moment on ATS where society has clearly led me to believe something that wasn't(even if i like to believe that I exhibit ideal physique.)

Still debatable though with a bit more depth:

The Anglo-Saxons were a people who inhabited Great Britain from the 5th century. They comprise people from Germanic tribes who migrated to the island from continental Europe, their descendants, and indigenous British groups who adopted some aspects of Anglo-Saxon culture and language.

The most common definition of continental Europe excludes continental islands, encompassing the Greek Islands, Cyprus, Malta, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, the Balearic Islands, Ireland, Great Britain, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, Novaya Zemlya and the Danish archipelago, as well as nearby oceanic islands, including the Canary Islands, Madeira, the Azores, Iceland, the Faroe Islands, and Svalbard.

Let us first establish that I don't know what I am short of being born in Canada

edit on 9-11-2017 by UndeadWarrior because: getting used to bold, italics, etc without erasing text...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Hello to a fellow Canadian. I enjoyed your intro and appreciate your open humble approach to understanding the general realities around us. This is my first post on this forum, and I'll check things out here and there a bit more, before trying to do my own intro. This place looks great, just discovered it today!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RZella

Welcome RZella, I'm honored you chose my intro as the place to make your first post!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Welcome fellow Canadian. Great introductory post... look forward to reading your input in the forums.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How would I go about contacting a MOD(or whom should I contact)? I have a topic I would like to bring up and discuss, however I am unsure about the approach I can or can not take with it.
edit on 11-11-2017 by UndeadWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

There is a little circle with a drop down arrow at the top of your screen. Click on it and a bar will drop down with choices. Choose messages and send a mod a message with your request. You'll have to decide what mod and you can find them under members ... I think.

Hope that helps 🙂

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
greetings to you Mr Warrior

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Yep Thanks!

And thanks RoScoLaz5 for the welcome as well!

top topics

join