It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead S8 - Major Spoiler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Before I go into this, you are being warned, this spoiler is unconfirmed at the moment but has major implications for the show if true.
It is a major character and if true the show will be taking its first complete split from the comics...
And no it's not Daryl.

Turn back now if you have any doubts about going any further.

Chandler Riggs aka Carl Grimes, may be leaving the show on the mid season finale.
this is unconfirmed. But the spoiling dead website has a lot of supporting evidence that this is in fact true.

The spoiling dead have insiders that drop them info on how things are going on set, what characters are filming which days...ect, etc.

They were the first to report that in the season 7 premiere we would be saying goodbye to not 1 but 2 major characters.
They always do their investigating before posting anything spoiler related.
Anyone can come up with speculative posts to attract a fan base. But after awhile people would come to expect that their posts are just arm chair observations and never anything concrete.
But to stay true to their fans, they always do their due diligence before anything goes live on their site.

Below is how they came to this conclusion and their supporting details:

We received various pieces of information from separate sources beginning way back in early September telling us they believe Carl will die in the mid-season finale. We know the MSF will involve a huge battle at Alexandria with multiple fires, explosions and gunfire. There is plenty of photo evidence and eyewitness accounts of this. Separate sources also tell us that they believe Carl’s death was shot at the studio with corresponding scenes being shot at Alexandria near the gates. It is believed that he dies in the Mid season finale with possibly his body being discovered and/or the aftermath of his death occurring in episode 9.

So far there has been no corroboration in exactly how he dies; however, more than once we were told that he struggles with someone and is stabbed. So what do we do with this? We go back and check the filming information and match it against what we’re being told.

Here is what we know:

1. A series of several night shoots in Alexandria begins on 7/29 for episode 8. Gunfire, yelling, explosions, fires, etc.

2. 7/31: Carl witnessed on the guard platform. Negan shows up. Carl gets down and goes to the gates. There is gunfire. Photo evidence confirms Carl’s presence.

3. 8/1: More night battle shoots. Carl is the only main cast confirmed filming.

4. 8/2: Most filming took place by Rick’s house. Late at night/early AM a couple of horrific screams were heard. At the time it was speculated that it was Michonne. Not confirmed. There is audio of the screams.

5. 8/3: Mystery day. Assuming studio. Nobody was sighted outside.

6. 8/4: More night shoots at studio. Andy Lincoln spotted near studio.

7. 8/5-8/18: No filming.

8. 8/21: Rick spotted near Alexandria gates briefly. Photo of crew trucks.

9. 8/ 22: Carl & Michonne filming at Alexandria. Morning studio filming.

10. 8/23–8/28: Alexandria filming. Carl, Negan, Michonne, Rick were confirmed via photo.

11. Chandler’s last reported filming was on 8/28 at the Gin property (Alexandria). This would be for episode 9. Eyewitnesses reported that Carl’s shirt was covered with blood and he was struggling with someone on the ground - unclear who.

12. By 8/29 filming shifted away from Alexandria to multiple sites. As of this date, no more Carl.

13. 10/16: Chandler made some suspicious social media posts including posts on October 16th when he was in Los Angeles about how he doesn’t know if he’ll ever be as successful as he is right now “but I’m glad I got this chance to help tell a story that actually impacts people”

Now let’s add in what we saw in the premiere. Again, we usually do not theorize, but this is too significant to ignore. In the premiere we saw two future Ricks: old man Rick and red-eyed Rick. We believe, as others do, that red-eyed Rick will be seen in a future episode and this is where he will be mourning the loss of Carl and make the decision to let “mercy prevail over [his] wrath.” Keep in mind that this is the quote uttered by the middle-eastern man at the gas station when Carl approaches. This is likely Siddiq from the comics (casting call corresponds with this theory). The fact that Rick utters this quote tells us that he will interact with Siddiq in the show and that this is, in fact, a scene from a future episode where Rick has suffered a tragic loss. There was significant foreshadowing in the future as far as Carl is concerned – his mercy toward “Siddiq” in providing him food.
We also have a promotional picture where Rick is standing holding his hat.

Link to the spoiling dead

So after reading this on their website I started to think, wait a minute Carl doesn't die, we see him in the flash forward of Rick as an old man. Carl was seen walking by the camera. They wouldn't put him in the scene unless he was still alive in the supposed 2 year time leap.
I wanted to post this but before I could I read someone else stating the same thing.
Then a comment replied:
Watch the scene again. Notice the cloudy/hazy back ground in the shot?
That usually means it's just a dream.

Okay fine maybe.
But what about the whole Whisperers/ Prisoner Negan story arc?
If you read the comics you know Carl plays a big role in the Negan prisoner arc, and when it comes to the Whisperers, Carl is the main Character. Everything revolves are him and Alphas daughter.
How in the heck are they going to pull that off if Carl dies?

What I'm hoping is that Carl does in fact get stabbed, loses a lot of blood and is in recovery for the remainder of the season. And the reason why he hasn't been seen filming since episode 9, is because the rest of his scenes were being filming in studio.
After all Carl is supposed to lose his virginity next year! They can't kill him off before that.

Anyways,take from this what you will.
Either way we will be finding out in 4 weeks.

If true, what does this mean to you in regards to the direction the show would be taking?
Will they be completely abandoning the comics and only pulling tidbits from the mid season finale out?

How many here are fans of little Grimes?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No way they kill off Carl. If they want to stay anywhere close to the comics, it just can't be done. However, no one ever said they wanted it to be exact.....so guess we shall see.

edit on pm1111201717America/Chicago08p07pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Exactly.

Also, no one thought that they would leave us on a cliffhanger in season 6 for close to a year.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense.
Even Carl's twitter and instagram posts have been hinting at something.

I have a feeling we are losing Carl and Father Gabe for sure, with a possible Eugene.
There's no way in hell Negan is going to let Gabe walk out of that trailer.
And let's face it, Gabenis not going to be the one who kills Negan.
Someone in that trailer is going to die... and it ain't Negan.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Another thing I just remembered was that Saviour Rick shot and then let the zombie finish off.
Rick shot him and he says, what are you doing Rick? Your kid is going to die....

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I always thought the actor they chose for Carl wasn't really that great. They picked him up when he was a kid and I suppose they didn't expect the show to be such a big hit or that he would grow into the part. I don't think he will be sorely missed by a lot of the TWD novel fans.

To be honest... I kind of hope they do kill his ass off. His acting can get pretty atrocious.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Let me be the first to say...
CHORAL!!!

Haven't seen the damn show in 2 years thanks to the AMC squabble with providers, but...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
And no it's not Daryl.

Aaaaaand Abby rolled over, fell asleep, and lived happily ever after.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Let me be the first to say...
CHORAL!!!

Haven't seen the damn show in 2 years thanks to the AMC squabble with providers, but...

Choral will be on the Iron Throne, soon enough.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is easy, Choral will get Negan down after he murder his baby sister but Rick wont kill Negan, so a disgusted Choral will walk away and not be seen until some time in another season as a leader of his own group.

Come on people this crystal clear and i don't even whach that slow crap.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Poor tiger, and toxic zombies!

They dragged another episode out.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Online streaming.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

So here we are and it comes back tonight.
I've searched ATS and nothing to mention about it.
Are you stoked?
I'm feeling 'meh' at the moment, not excited but it's cold-ish outside and dreary so there's nothing fun.
May as well watch the boob tube (Dad used to always call TV that! LOL)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'm more excited to watch the talking dead afterwards..

Chandler Riggs is a guest tonight!!

As upset as I am about Carl I am still hanging in there with the show.

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Totally understand.
We were talking earlier about one of the 'dream' scenes...
So in the dream Rick is old and grey, walking with a cane.
Maschonne is there and a baby buggy (who's buggy? the current babies would be too old for that).
Someone walks in front of the camera and looks like Carl (same size with brown hair) however we all know that that cannot be the case.
It was suggested that it could have been Maggie's grown/older child? The camera immediately goes to Jesus after the dream.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hrmmm..

Aaron lost Eric..

Jesus is gay...

Maybe they get together and adopt Gracie..?

Just a thought..

Eta:
Never mind..by that time Gracie wouldn't need a buggy either..

Respectfully,
~ meathead
edit on 25-2-2018 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm done.

It's on tonite, and I don't even care.

Not going to finish this series.

Been dragged out too long.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Haven't finished watching yet. Totally disengaged.

Can't determine if the show is just stale and lost its appeal or if the story is just so off the rails and trying too hard to be dramatic.

Meh is an accurate description regardless.

top topics

join