Before I go into this, you are being warned, this spoiler is unconfirmed at the moment but has major implications for the show if true.
It is a major character and if true the show will be taking its first complete split from the comics...
And no it's not Daryl.
Turn back now if you have any doubts about going any further.
Chandler Riggs aka Carl Grimes, may be leaving the show on the mid season finale.
this is unconfirmed. But the spoiling dead website has a lot of supporting evidence that this is in fact true.
The spoiling dead have insiders that drop them info on how things are going on set, what characters are filming which days...ect, etc.
They were the first to report that in the season 7 premiere we would be saying goodbye to not 1 but 2 major characters.
They always do their investigating before posting anything spoiler related.
Anyone can come up with speculative posts to attract a fan base. But after awhile people would come to expect that their posts are just arm chair
observations and never anything concrete.
But to stay true to their fans, they always do their due diligence before anything goes live on their site.
Below is how they came to this conclusion and their supporting details:
We received various pieces of information from separate sources beginning way back in early September telling us they believe Carl will die in the
mid-season finale. We know the MSF will involve a huge battle at Alexandria with multiple fires, explosions and gunfire. There is plenty of photo
evidence and eyewitness accounts of this. Separate sources also tell us that they believe Carl’s death was shot at the studio with corresponding
scenes being shot at Alexandria near the gates. It is believed that he dies in the Mid season finale with possibly his body being discovered and/or
the aftermath of his death occurring in episode 9.
So far there has been no corroboration in exactly how he dies; however, more than once we were told that he struggles with someone and is stabbed. So
what do we do with this? We go back and check the filming information and match it against what we’re being told.
Here is what we know:
1. A series of several night shoots in Alexandria begins on 7/29 for episode 8. Gunfire, yelling, explosions, fires, etc.
2. 7/31: Carl witnessed on the guard platform. Negan shows up. Carl gets down and goes to the gates. There is gunfire. Photo evidence confirms
3. 8/1: More night battle shoots. Carl is the only main cast confirmed filming.
4. 8/2: Most filming took place by Rick’s house. Late at night/early AM a couple of horrific screams were heard. At the time it was speculated that
it was Michonne. Not confirmed. There is audio of the screams.
5. 8/3: Mystery day. Assuming studio. Nobody was sighted outside.
6. 8/4: More night shoots at studio. Andy Lincoln spotted near studio.
7. 8/5-8/18: No filming.
8. 8/21: Rick spotted near Alexandria gates briefly. Photo of crew trucks.
9. 8/ 22: Carl & Michonne filming at Alexandria. Morning studio filming.
10. 8/23–8/28: Alexandria filming. Carl, Negan, Michonne, Rick were confirmed via photo.
11. Chandler’s last reported filming was on 8/28 at the Gin property (Alexandria). This would be for episode 9. Eyewitnesses reported that Carl’s
shirt was covered with blood and he was struggling with someone on the ground - unclear who.
12. By 8/29 filming shifted away from Alexandria to multiple sites. As of this date, no more Carl.
13. 10/16: Chandler made some suspicious social media posts including posts on October 16th when he was in Los Angeles about how he doesn’t know if
he’ll ever be as successful as he is right now “but I’m glad I got this chance to help tell a story that actually impacts people”
Now let’s add in what we saw in the premiere. Again, we usually do not theorize, but this is too significant to ignore. In the premiere we saw two
future Ricks: old man Rick and red-eyed Rick. We believe, as others do, that red-eyed Rick will be seen in a future episode and this is where he will
be mourning the loss of Carl and make the decision to let “mercy prevail over [his] wrath.” Keep in mind that this is the quote uttered by the
middle-eastern man at the gas station when Carl approaches. This is likely Siddiq from the comics (casting call corresponds with this theory). The
fact that Rick utters this quote tells us that he will interact with Siddiq in the show and that this is, in fact, a scene from a future episode where
Rick has suffered a tragic loss. There was significant foreshadowing in the future as far as Carl is concerned – his mercy toward “Siddiq” in
providing him food.
We also have a promotional picture where Rick is standing holding his hat.
Link to the spoiling dead
So after reading this on their website I started to think, wait a minute Carl doesn't die, we see him in the flash forward of Rick as an old man.
Carl was seen walking by the camera. They wouldn't put him in the scene unless he was still alive in the supposed 2 year time leap.
I wanted to post this but before I could I read someone else stating the same thing.
Then a comment replied:
Watch the scene again. Notice the cloudy/hazy back ground in the shot?
That usually means it's just a dream.
Okay fine maybe.
But what about the whole Whisperers/ Prisoner Negan story arc?
If you read the comics you know Carl plays a big role in the Negan prisoner arc, and when it comes to the Whisperers, Carl is the main Character.
Everything revolves are him and Alphas daughter.
How in the heck are they going to pull that off if Carl dies?
What I'm hoping is that Carl does in fact get stabbed, loses a lot of blood and is in recovery for the remainder of the season. And the reason why he
hasn't been seen filming since episode 9, is because the rest of his scenes were being filming in studio.
After all Carl is supposed to lose his virginity next year! They can't kill him off before that.
Anyways,take from this what you will.
Either way we will be finding out in 4 weeks.
If true, what does this mean to you in regards to the direction the show would be taking?
Will they be completely abandoning the comics and only pulling tidbits from the mid season finale out?
How many here are fans of little Grimes?