It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK Files - What they really say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Over the recent weeks there has been much ado about the alleged release of the JFK files. Probably one of the biggest questions all these years has been why they've been kept locked away as long as they have. It is my firm belief the files, once fully released, will not contain any new revelations about who killed JFK (other than LHO). There won't be anything about multiple shooters, or some grand CIA conspiracy, etc. Why? Because they never found anything. However, I do believe they will contain a conspiracy bigger than the American people and the World can imagine. In many ways I think we've already seen what it is too.

I believe, when (all) the papers finally see the light of day, we will see the real truth...our government was looking in all the wrong places. We will see that investigators were so convinced by their own political motivations and confirmation bias that they never looked, or even contemplated looking, in the areas where the real smoking guns were. And, this is the reason they've been kept secret for as long as they have...government ineptitude and potential embarrassment. I believe they will show all the investigations and the government officials associated with them were nothing more than a laughable witch hunt, conducted by a bunch of Keystone like cops, bent on confirming their own conspiracy theories at the time. They weren't looking at the facts and evidence objectively, but rather with glasses already colored with their own ideas of what happened, ignoring the facts and evidence. They will show the whole thing was a farce...and that is the most embarrassing thing of all.

We've already seen one example of it; suddenly there's this huge revelation about MLK and his dealings. So convinced they were that MLK and others like him surely must have had something to do with JFK's assassination that they left no stone unturned with exhaustive investigations, all while ignoring the glaring facts which were right in front of them (things like the Zapruder film frame by frame analysis, etc.). We will see that the forensic evidence was mishandled so badly through bumbling ineptitude by officials that no conclusion could be drawn, and certainly not one which fell outside of their confirmation bias.

The real secret of the JFK files, is that this mighty government just flat-out botched the whole investigation...and looked in all the wrong places.

edit on 11/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The real secret of the JFK files, is that this mighty government just flat-out botched the whole investigation...and looked in all the wrong places.

Or covered it up, on purpose.

Botched is different. Here...

It is my firm belief the files, once fully released, will not contain any new revelations about who killed JFK

Agreed.

Probably one of the biggest questions all these years has been why they've been kept locked away as long as they have.

To put everyone to sleep. Keep them looking forward, waiting for the answers, someday.

But you're right the answers are already out there.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I've often heard the question asked in Britain, in regard to some seemingly nefarious government dealings, was it conspiracy or cock up? As someone who has worked for the U.K. Governement for most of my working life I have always considered it more likely to be a case of conspiracy to cover up a cock up. I don't see any reason why things should be different in the U.S.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I don't see any reason to trust those papers they have on JFK to not have been doctored before releasing them. They had over forty odd years to doctor them. It's a damn crying shame the People of this Country have less rights than they should.
edit on 5-11-2017 by blackadder01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
the old incompetency explanation never fails...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

That's their favored excuse of all time. People are more onto them than they realize and thank God for it. It seems false evidence over rules human intuition.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Normally, the mantra is...'when all else fails, play the "Stoopid" card', no doubt.

However, this time around the 'stoopid' card goes way beyond stupid which is excusable and crosses well into the realm of stupid to the point of being punishable by law (i.e. real jail time). Hence the secrecy.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01

Precisely. I couldn't have it better myself. But people will continue to believe that the government it's on their side...

join