It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twilight Zone Revival by CBS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Uhm not sure how to feel about this. I love me some Twilight Zone originals. However, Hollweird has not been too kind to reboots.

Will the show even make to production or will the execs and big wigs go ala Weinstein? Singer appears to have been involved earlier but no more.

Will they incorporate the beaten dead horse PC BS? Cant wait to see how they incorporate white men are evil and how women are not properly treated by the same people in hollweird that are molesting them.

I guess will have to wait and see but hopefully they don't go the lazy hypercritical beaten horse PC route and learn from the NFL that people are tired of that Sh1t and just want to be entertained.

“All Access will be the home of a new version of one of the most iconic television shows of all time – The Twilight Zone,” said Leslie Moonves, CEO of CBS Corp., during a conference call with investors Thursday.

variety.com...-comments

edit on 231130America/ChicagoFri, 03 Nov 2017 09:23:41 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think this will make it the fourth go round with this series plus the movie.

Hope they don't butcher Serling's legacy with some crappy half assed production

full of PC bullsh*t. Oh and take a look at this:

CBS All Access is an over-the-top subscription streaming video on demand service owned and operated by CBS...

Looks like they're trying to make a quick buck off this round.

S & F OP thanks for sharing the news even if CBS wants to try and gouge TZ fans.
edit on 3-11-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

There was a reboot of Twilight Zone in the 80s, it was awful. They also made a reboot of The Outer Limits in the 80s. Now that was pretty good. Lets hope for the best. Have you seen the reboots? If not check them out. The Outer Limits is worth your time, Twilight Zone, not so much, but might be fun if you have some time on your hands. I am not sure how many episodes there are, not many from what I remember.

Also there was a show, Tales From the Dark Side, You may like that, there are 5 seasons it ran in the 80s.....

edit on 3-11-2017 by kurthall because: fix

edit on 3-11-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Agreed on the Outer Limit and reboot of TZ.

I don't recall on Tales From the Dark Side. So Thanks I will have to check that out.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

CBS All Access is an over-the-top subscription streaming video on demand service owned and operated by CBS...

Looks like they're trying to make a quick buck off this round.

Yeah it kind of reeks of the reboot of the xfiles , Where they made some new episodes to raise their negotiation powers when selling the rights to netflix.

Oh wait, it looks likes xfiles might be coming back again aswell.

On April 20, 2017, Fox officially announced that The X-Files would be returning for an eleventh season of ten episodes, which would air in the 2017–18 television season after filming in mid-2017.[10

edit on 221130America/ChicagoFri, 03 Nov 2017 09:22:12 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42 even if it sucks atleast attempts are being made at it. Maybe one day they may get it. You will never know unless you try.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yep, and I'm sure I will watch it being the scifi junkie I I'm.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Agreed on the Outer Limit and reboot of TZ.

I don't recall on Tales From the Dark Side. So Thanks I will have to check that out.

Tales From the Dark Side has some really good episodes, but there are some stupid ones too. Worth watching for sure, its a fun show.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42 Well being a scifi junkie you are forced to watch it. When it shows I will be right there with ya to break it to the bones

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

They have some big boots to fill if they expect to even come close to Rod Serling.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

They have some big boots to fill if they expect to even come close to Rod Serling.

Agreed, I don't hollyweird has the talent to even come close to match him at this time.

However, beggars can't be choosers and I will take it. Just not with high hopes. Can't be worse then a low budget SciFi channel movie or show , right? Right , please don't let it be, pretty please.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
No need to do a new series. We've all already been watching / living it everyday of our whole lives (the past decade in particular).

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Will they keep or drop the opening lines about "We will control your television set"? Could be a sensitive issue, nowadays.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Will they keep or drop the opening lines about "We will control your television set"? Could be a sensitive issue, nowadays.

That was the Outer Limits.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Ah. Thank you. I must be getting forgetful in my old age.

edit on 3-11-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
I liked 'The Outer Limits'. They were a little more about the shock factor.... scared me more than The Twilight Zone when I was a kid!

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No reason to apply that title to a new show. Just an attempt to milk the legacy of a classic.

I think Black Mirror is a better contemporary iteration of the spirit of The Twilight Zone than any lame reboot is likely to be.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Also there was a show, Tales From the Dark Side, You may like that, there are 5 seasons it ran in the 80s.....

It was no Zone, but I enjoyed Tales From the Dark Side when I was a kid. There was another one called Monsters around the same late 80s timeframe. Do you remember that one?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

my wife is going to have some words with you.

just watched the first 3 episode of Tales From the Dark Side and the honey do list didnt drop any.

i like it so far.

:

edit on 361130America/ChicagoFri, 03 Nov 2017 20:36:35 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join