It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Holy Grail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Can someone tell me what the Holy Grail is? A cup or the bones of Mary Magdalene?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This should help.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The Da Vinci Code suggests that it is the actual bloodline of jesus. That jesus married and had children and his decndants exist today

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheese
The Da Vinci Code suggests that it is the actual bloodline of jesus. That jesus married and had children and his decndants exist today

Keep in mind that you are quoting a work of fiction, a novel.

There are plenty of books that are not novels that deal with the issue.
Holy Blood and the Holy Grail
The Messianic Legacy
etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
In DaVinci Code towards the very end Sophies Grandmother make a very
interesting comment. One that I find to be very true.

" perhaps it is not finding the Grail that matters, but the quest."

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I agree, the journey is the destination.
But I wonder sometimes if books like the da vinci code, and the celestine prophecy are looked upon as being factual by some fans. I know this is the case with some people, and I wonder how common it is. I have heard people discussing the celestine prophecies contents as though it was valid history................and also see the da vinci code cited as a source of info. often in regards to the holy grail subject.
It is not something that helps the credibility of those who are honestly researching the subject of the holy bloodline, etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
there is some fact in TDVC , ther is also alot of information there that is
believed by many to be true or fact, the marraige of Jesus for instance.
what many have yet to realize is that the destination is not the focus
the journey is.
A part of the problem is that you (general you) cannot prove he wasnt
and those that believe that he was cannot decisivly prove that he was.

Simply atating that the bible does not say that he was is not enough. nowhere in The bible does it say that anyone ever drained their bladder or voided their bowels but it does mention several times people engaging in sexual activities.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
does it really matter? people put way too much importance on an artifact when there are other things to think about and look for.

It was a cup, probably wooden, that supposadly caught the blood of Jesus when he was speared on the cross

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
When I read that the wedding at Canaa was suggested to be Jesus and Mary Magdalene's union, I very meticulously reread the account.
It is hard to refute that the most sensible and literal conclusion, requiring the least mental gymnastics, is that the wedding is His.
Of course many will point to John 2:3, which states Jesus and his disciples had also been invited.
So, if that is all you need to hear to discount the notion of it being His wedding, there is no use reading further........note that it is John who shares this.
To summarize my reasons for thinking Jesus and Mary Magdalene were betrothed:

1. Mother Mary takes charge of supplying the wine when it ran out, an odd thing for a guest to do, when tradition is that the groom's family does so.
2. The couple who are married at Canaa, are curiously anonymous. Why?
3. Jesus supplies the wine, and the mc praises the groom, thereby supporting the traditional responsibility is the groom's family.
John 2:11 states that this is the 1st miracle, reveals Jesus' glory, and the disciples believed in Him.
4. Nowhere in the NT does it mention Jesus' marital status, one way or the other..........why? A valid question, I feel.
5. Three, not one or two, three times He is called Rabbi, a title which has as a firm prerequisite that the man be wedded.
6. So.....if He is not wedded, why does no one notice the obvious and comment on the contradiction?
7. Jesus preached that marriage is good, and divorce is bad. In this case, we are asked to believe that He did not take His own advice,
on top of the half dozen previous suggestive points. I look at Him as a do as I do, not do as I say kind of teacher, how do you see Him?

8. At the empty tomb, who would you predict would arrive at the tomb first that morning? Those who were closest to Him would.
Luke 24:10 "It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James........."
John 1:29 "Behold the lamb of God" This is John the Baptist being quoted, and the lamb of God he is referring to is Jesus.
Revelations 21:9, (note the similar verse numbers, considering both chapters are by John). "Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the lamb's wife."

It is clear that Mary is very close to Him, and that John, the sole recorder of the Canaa wedding is also very close to Him.
Did you know that Giovanna is the feminine form of Giovanni? Iohannas is the feminine for Iohannes, and Joanna is the feminine form of John, all three are examples of the same name, John. Interestingly, Joanne is not from John. Just the name Joanna.
John writes Revelations, John describes the crucifixion quite differently than the other 3 'synoptic?' gospels, (synoptic, of one eye....lol)
In the KJAV, Luke 3:27 which is Jesus' dad's lineage, (else why put it in there?), it reads...." Which was the son of Joanna, which was the SON of Rhesa."

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
When Jesus was stabbed in the side by the staff while on the cross this vessel was used to catch up the blood , and was ever since considered a great symbol of righteousness and power of divinity.

[edit on 12/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

top topics

join