It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Russian Achilles Heel may be George Papadopoulos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Its clear Mueller is making a big bang here.

A good bet he will turn Manafort and he’ll start blabbering to save his own skin

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
www.chicagotribune.com...

President Donald Trump woke before dawn on Monday and burrowed in at the White House residence to wait for the Russia bombshell he knew was coming. Separated from most of his West Wing staff — who fretted over why he was late getting to the Oval Office — Trump clicked on the television and spent the morning playing fuming media critic, legal analyst and crisis communications strategist, according to several people close to him.

So a typical start to the day for Trump then?!

Cool.

Breaking news here!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I just like to get the Trump goon squad all riled up!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

A good bet he will turn Manafort and he’ll start blabbering to save his own skin

I don't know if I see Manafort flipping. He seems like a pretty good criminal.

If he flips, no one in Washington will do business with him again. But if he keeps his mouth shut he'll probably do a few years at some minimum security vacation-prison and then come back to making money.

Then again, who knows. Staring down 20 years will do crazy things to a person.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I don't know if I see Manafort flipping. He seems like a pretty good criminal.

If he flips, no one in Washington will do business with him again. But if he keeps his mouth shut he'll probably do a few years at some minimum security vacation-prison and then come back to making money.

Then again, who knows. Staring down 20 years will do crazy things to a person.

No, your talking about years in jail and legal fees that will break him.

He's got to make a deal

Though he can hope for a pardon from Trump.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

*yawn* Why does every time "something" "comes up" y'all always get real excited. It's like someone tells you they'll give you a million dollars, and they say this every once in a while, but never do, but every time you get excited, never learning that it will never happen.

*yawn*

Long yawn, my!
edit on 30-10-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
LOL Hillary's*

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yeah like Trump didn't know anything until he watched CNN.

He knew all this last week.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc Ya get her too. A good life leason for you to learn is that even if a person doesn't support you ideal does not mean that said person goes to the extreme of the challenging ideal. Or I can put it in terms you may understand. If "drain the swamp" means anything to you then you should have full support with getting rid of all corruption on all sides and all levels.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Trump’s campaign rejected Papadopoulos’ requests for a meeting or any other dealings.

The adviser, George Papadopoulos, offered to set up “a meeting between us and the Russian leadership to discuss US-Russia ties under President Trump,” telling them his Russian contacts welcomed the opportunity, according to internal campaign emails read to The Washington Post.

The proposal sent a ripple of concern through campaign headquarters in Trump Tower. Campaign co-chairman Sam Clovis wrote that he thought NATO allies should be consulted before any plans were made. Another Trump adviser, retired Navy Rear Adm. Charles Kubic, cited legal concerns, including a possible violation of U.S. sanctions against Russia and of the Logan Act, which prohibits U.S. citizens from unauthorized negotiation with foreign governments.

Wasington Post

edit on 30-10-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

That's a shame, because you are not very good at it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I would love love love to see sessions go down. That guy needs to see a jail cell, please let him see a jail cell.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I would love love love to see sessions go down. That guy needs to see a jail cell, please let him see a jail cell.

He may be one of the first to go, for perjury before the senate

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

That's a shame, because you are not very good at it.

That, my friend, is a matter of opinion

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The US is not at war with Russia. In fact, the US has diplomatic relations with Russia. There is no crime even if Trump and Putin texted every single day.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

You missed the entire point. Dear god how pathetic. Should I use smaller words for you to understand?

I want to edit my response to say that I understand. You want to feel some sense of superiority in at least one area so the virtual world is all that remains where there is a chance of that.
edit on 30-10-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

Nothing of substance here. Can we get beyond speculation on Trump/Russia collusion accusations?

Yes, once the investigation is completed and all the indictments have been issued.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burnsE You are correct. But if He or his campaign knew that the other Govt would use a illigal mean to obtain info on the other party then yes. It becomes unlawful. That is the purpose of this whole thing. Now I can almost promise that the Dems will get caught up in this. Which is a good thing. Both partys need to be investigated for many reasons. But the main focus is figuring out if Trump or his campaign colluded against the other party.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Trump’s campaign rejected Papadopoulos’ requests for a meeting or any other dealings.

The adviser, George Papadopoulos, offered to set up “a meeting between us and the Russian leadership to discuss US-Russia ties under President Trump,” telling them his Russian contacts welcomed the opportunity, according to internal campaign emails read to The Washington Post.

The proposal sent a ripple of concern through campaign headquarters in Trump Tower. Campaign co-chairman Sam Clovis wrote that he thought NATO allies should be consulted before any plans were made. Another Trump adviser, retired Navy Rear Adm. Charles Kubic, cited legal concerns, including a possible violation of U.S. sanctions against Russia and of the Logan Act, which prohibits U.S. citizens from unauthorized negotiation with foreign governments.

Wasington Post

It also shows that Papadopoulos kept a number of campaign officials in the loop on his efforts to set up a meeting between Trump and Putin, though they secretly determined that the meeting “should be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal,” itself a sign the campaign was trying to hide its efforts to make nice with the Russians.

theintercept.com...

At he same time later they had that meeting with Trumps son and Manafort
In fact a meeting with Trump isn't really a bad thing, its the collusion or conspiracy to help Trump beat Hillary with dirt which is problematic

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc Ya sure why not. Maybe it would be easier for you to convey your ignoranxe to others. I actually try to dumb down my post for the likes of people like yourself. And no I believe I got your point, you just got triggered and this is your backlash. Please keep going. I was only trying to help you see a partisan view point instead of deflecting with statements like "dear god how pathetic". Using words like that will lose you a debate every time in a real debate. Which I can tell you never learned how to do.

. I will add that I would like to get back to the conversation at hand. Today is a big and hard day for all sides. So lets debate that and not our view point towards one another in a non related issue.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: get back to topic

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join