It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Creates Joint Army and Air Force Rescue Team in Afganistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The US Army and Air Force have combined rescue teams in Afghanistan. Its keeping the USAF' leadership and pararescue personnel but will be using Army CH-47F instead of their traditional HH-60G Pave Hawk's

It does make sense. The Chinooks are faster and carry more and look to be a bit more robust than their tail rotor counterparts. Given that Afghanistan is the absolute worst environment for rotary craft (high, hot, dusty, and lots of guys with guns looking to take down a copter) it make sense.

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Usaf paramedical rescue is exceptional in their capabilities

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Usaf paramedical rescue is exceptional in their capabilities

I know we do cross educational stuff with several of the ANG units near us. We teach them about pediatrics and pediatric transports (they have a need because they also do humanitarian stuff) and they teach us about trauma etc (in peds we do not see alot of gunshots etc.). Its fascinating to me that they are so nonplussed about evac stuff yet a newborn with a congenital heart defect seems way more scary. I deal with that a million times over rather than be shot at while trying to land etc.

They remains some of the most highly skilled and motivated healthcare people I have ever met.
edit on 10/25/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I know people who have given up their seats in the commisary when there were non left
for them before.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

someone i know very very well was a PJ in another life. tough life tough training but worth it. sounds like a cool new ride for them now

new topics

top topics

join