It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antonio Veciana (AMSHALE-1)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
For anyone interested in all things JFK this article will make an interesting read.

In the early 1960s, Antonio Veciana was the CIA’s man in Havana. With a senior position in the Cuban government, he wreaked havoc on Fidel Castro’s Communist regime, firebombing the capital’s largest department store and plotting to kill Castro with a bazooka. When the Cuban strongman’s security forces forced him into exile, Veciana didn’t quit. From 1960 to the early 1970s, he funneled CIA funds to a network of Miami-based counter-revolutionaries who carried out an armed revolt against the Cuban government.

Veciana has long since retired from his covert war against Castro, who died peacefully in his own bed last year. Now, the ex-Cuban operative is telling his story in a memoir, Trained to Kill: The Inside Story of CIA Plots Against Castro, Kennedy, and Che, which weighs the cost of the anti-Castro crusade, both for himself and the United States. Veciana writes to justify and to apologize, to express pride and regret. He doesn’t regret fighting Castro, but he does regret that his fight led him to miss so many events with his family and children.

link

I don't really want to start a big debate just wanted to share what I know some here will find interesting or may not have even heard of before. Given the fact those files are due to be released soon (or what is left of them anyway), this may be a name that pops up more and more in the next few months.

Having read over that there I realise my post reads like some poor advertisement for his book. That wasn't intended. Having said that, if anyone has read it then I'd like to know what you think of it.
edit on 2031642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Does Antonio Vecian know who killed Kennedy?

join