It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The vacuum of belief

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Fark... ok so, what DO you believe my friend?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: XstReturnsX

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

edit on 21-10-2017 by XstReturnsX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I am a collector of ideas. I love your song posts!

Well, I guess if I have to choose one belief over all the others, it would be if you see the Buddha on the road kill him.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I am intrigued, and enlightened.

My answer to your question would be, Buddha cannot be killed.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

LOL!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If God never existed, he couldn't have died.

Since most civilizations worship different gods or things, and do have systems of morals and values, it is pretty fair to conclude that without a "god" figure civilization can and does exist.

Statistics show an increase in denial of religion and of at least the Christian "god" growing in America.

Just because we are a rather wealthy nation and do enjoy many pleasures in our life, does not mean we are worthless or have no kindness, no empathy, or caring for others. Just the opposite. We are one of the most giving to others in need in the entire world-religion has nothing to do with that most often it is an innate civilized soul within each individual for this to exist.

I believe the more prosperous a person or nation or civilization becomes the more the pull to share with others because I see the growth and the changes within our own nation towards others and I am an optimist.

There is an opportunity to go to the dark side and get political about the peoples our political system has turned it's back on but that's for another thread.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Just imagine a world where everyone you meet treats you and everyone else like each of us is the most sacred object in existence. Just imagine a world where we have no enemies and the communal form of God again exists.

Yes, it's called Buddhism.

edit on 21-10-2017 by FHomerK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: XstReturnsX

Yes, i'm all about fun. Want to see the nail... never mind.

From Roman times: Not the nail, but a nail thru a heel bone

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Buddhism is considered more theory than a religion. Women are not equal and you have to accept alot of supernatural stuff-much like any other religion. If you enjoy living a poor, diseased life and accepting no responsibilities) and want to stop the rebirth of life, then Buddhism is your ticket.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I think you have the cart before the horse. To me, the immorality and moral vacuum created by the deception, lies, and sins of the religious leaders was what lead us from organized religion. The larger any organization or group gets, the more corruption it will have. One must hold one's own spiritual beliefs internally and then we are inviolable. The dream world you envision, where we all see each other as equal, eternal beings, is one that can only occur one person at a time through their own spiritual evolution.

One last thing about atheists, I don't believe them. They replace that inherent human need with something that they worship just like a god. To deny the mysteries of the spirit must lead to a very bland world.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

People even worship Jesus as a personal God and they do not worship God alone as the God of everyone.

That's because Christians know and understand that Jesus is the physical manifestation of the one true God. The physical instrument through which God speaks and created all things.

Colossians 1:15-16

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

John 1:1-3

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:14

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
One last thing about atheists, I don't believe them. They replace that inherent human need with something that they worship just like a god. To deny the mysteries of the spirit must lead to a very bland world.

you can believe as you like, but as an atheist i can definitely say that i experience plenty of mystery and wonder in the world.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Wonderful post to wake up to this morning dfnj. Balanced, insightful, and hopeful.
From another reply

I think every point of view has its place in the pantheon of appreciation.

This appreciation is a worthy goal. Not only a goal but a grand tool for individual growth.

And as we are big on the music this morning here is one for eternity from Sgt. Pepper.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Nietzsche is a phallice. And had to much ego to make solid philosophy in my opinion.

I think Spinoza in general as a religious skeptic found a way to interpret nature and "god". Kant found a way around Hume. Which is what is all comes down to IMO. Fred was a hack.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Just imagine a world where everyone you meet treats you and everyone else like each of us is the most sacred object in existence. Just imagine a world where we have no enemies and the communal form of God again exists.

Yes, it's called Buddhism.

What do you call evangelical Buddhism?

Buddha died for your delusions!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Nietzsche is a phallice. And had to much ego to make solid philosophy in my opinion.

I think Spinoza in general as a religious skeptic found a way to interpret nature and "god". Kant found a way around Hume. Which is what is all comes down to IMO. Fred was a hack.

I found Nietzsche's criticisms of Christianity to be very well argued.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I don't. They are bitter and full of ego. His lack of understanding of the social contract is the biggest problem. "Taking what's yours" ends up in wealth consolidation and the 1 percent ruling over everyone else. He and Bannon have a lot in common.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Your understanding of atheism is ill-conceived. Not having a belief in God is NOT the same thing as denying "the mysteries of the spirit". Some people just have evidence based beliefs out of principle. As a Christian and deist, you should not take it personally or be offended. Any time you say anything critical of an atheist or atheism it just exhibits a lack of confidence in your own faith.

edit on 21-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The problem is also atheism has a couple of different paths. Those that hold no beliefs and those that believe God is impossible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join