It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Emails Expose the Engineering of a Narrative

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

My point in both my posts is that we are fed information by the 6 corps that own 90% of everything we see, hear or read. And they a deliberately telling the public 2 different stories. This is simply a wedge issue that people bite on and will not let go.

Breitbart is not part of a conglomerate and they publish some of the most fact-free garbage around. It's all well and good to want diversification of media holdings. I think that it's a good thing myself. However, there's no reason to believe that independently owned outlets are necessarily any better and there are plenty of examples, such as Breitbart, where they're actually worse.

So while that's a worthwhile point, it's clearly not enough to have more a diverse ownership.

If all illegals were not here there would be less crime because the small percent of bad would not be here along with the law abiding illegals (other than breaking the law to be here).

If illegals weren't here, there would be a smaller number of crimes in terms of raw numbers. If nobody had any children next year, there'd also be a smaller number of crimes in terms of raw numbers. What we should concern ourselves with is crime rates, not raw numbers. 10 murders in NYC in a year, with a population of what? 8-10 million? Would be nothing short of miraculous. 10 murders in a town of 800-1,000 would be an astronomically high rate and if they were separate murders, I'd think mass exodus would be in order.
edit on 2017-10-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

If illegals weren't here, there would be a smaller number of crimes in terms of raw numbers. If nobody had any children next year, there'd also be a smaller number of crimes in terms of raw numbers. What we should concern ourselves with is crime rates, not raw numbers. 10 murders in NYC in a year, with a population of what? 8-10 million? Would be nothing short of miraculous. 10 murders in a town of 800-1,000 would be an astronomically high rate and if they were separate murders, I'd think mass exodus would be in order
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's all fine unless you are the family that gets this.
Nevada Firefighter & 2 Children Killed by Previously Deported Illegal Alien
thewashingtonstandard.com...

We live in an imperfect world, all illegals are by fact breaking the law by simply being here. There is a very antiquated way to becoming a US citizen, that needs to change.

There are indeed more crimes because the illegals are here, and unlike your approach, I will not dismiss that or try to explain it away.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Egregious

1. outstandingly bad; shocking.

Now , read that article again with the information posted above via definition.
What WERE the cases they were looking for ?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We live in an imperfect world, all illegals are by fact breaking the law by simply being here.

Cool talking point. That doens't meant that they present a greater risk of violent crime than a group of 11 million citizens. Which is clearly what the narrative is.

There are indeed more crimes because the illegals are here, and unlike your approach, I will not dismiss that or try to explain it away.

I'm not trying to dismiss or explain anything away. I'm just not being irrational. I can argue statistics but I can't persuade you to conceive of things rationally. What matters is the risk to individuals of being a victim of violent crime, not the legal status of the criminal. If a person became a citizen on Friday, does it really change the nature of the crime whether he murdered a person on Saturday instead of Thursday? No.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ah yes. Good times as they say. Intersting 'code system stamps' (whatever) they're using now in place of black 'spray paint'. Seems that might just be where the Big Story is in this little revelation. The total story here would be typical government BStuff I'd expect.

Nothing to correct, but a little to add:

originally posted by: theantediluvian
This was hardly a surprising move considering the nature of candidate Trump's rhetoric about Mexican rapists and his repeated invocation of Kate Steinle. Fear is perhaps the most effective, hence popular, method of manipulating the masses. From what I've observed, it seems to that when it comes to choosing a boogeyman, right-wingers favor non-whites and non-Christians (or here in the US, particularly in the past, non-Protestants) whereas Leftist employ... well... right-wingers. In either case, the name of the game is to generate fear, distrust and outrage by using the most egregious examples from among the boogeymen.

Yeah. No doubt. Yet that doesn't mean that all external fears are inherently unfounded just because this is how human nature and this brand of mass manipulation works.

From there I'll add that the two driving themes we've seen ripen is that the right reacts to perceived fears (not to give or lessen credence to any in particular here), and then the left responds by wholeheartedly EMBRACING 'them'.

This is how they (both sides as one) turn legitimate fears AND legitimate arguments for cool headedness into an increasingly divisive game of perpetual 'gains' where both sides win just so long as one side overblows the fear metric while the other works their asses off to ensure that fear metric actually comes about.

So there's that. Looking directly at this story, after I havent been paying too close attention to this part of the pop politics scene, I see it more as a move to vindicate Trump's campaign outlandishness rather than a game of stoke OMG we're doomed. There I see Trump as merely pandering to an existing attitude, one which isn't just totally nuts btw, it just should have been handled a long time ago and now that it hasnt these decades running its like a shock to everyones system to actually get nasty in playing catch up. That is assuming there aren't more illegal immigrants than blacks while blacks are getting screwed at the bottom of this whole situation....
edit on 16-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
You work on assumptions,the way you made post you try to emphacise Trump,this is pretty much in line with the patriot act,the way you present it is kind of like a broken record liberals play,men and women lie,numbers don't,just because you hate Trump,makes you look foolish when you post your rants

top topics

<< 1   >>

join