It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

most people dont care!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
i think you will all be able to relate to this?...have you noticed that if you bring up any subjects in the pub or a bar lets say for example "koreas Nuclear arsenal" most people say "oh well-it doesnt really effect me" or "when they launch them i'll start worrying"......eh?.......its even worse when you mention goverment conspiricys or secret societies,people just dont see that its even worth showing even mild concern........now personally i dont loose hours of sleep over the in's and outs of lets say "the new world order" but i cant help but want to get some sort of opinion from the common man or women on where they stand on whats going on,on our planet?
does any one else share my frustration that you seem mildly irritating to others when you mention being wiped of the face of the planet by a barrage of commie nukes?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It's simple. Most people in the world are too worried about getting dinner on the table for the family than be concerned with these 'conspiracy' topics. And that is how the conspiracy community is designed and that's exactly how it's ridiculed.

Almost bougerois intelligence. Most people can't afford the luxury of reading endless pages of post about a hidden base in Dulce or the threat of an emminent WW3. Society is designed to prevent this, and it's doing an excellent job.
*Spell Check was broken

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
does any one else share my frustration that you seem mildly irritating to others when you mention being wiped of the face of the planet by a barrage of commie nukes?

I agree with you.

It is very frustrating to talk to people who arent interested or dont care. I have begun talking with friends about certain issues such as UFO's, current events and conspiracy theories and they just loose interest. Its almost like they are too cool or busy to think about that kind of stuff. Im thinking, hey you should be interested in this because its effecting us all.

But hey thats what ATS is for... to express our interests and get feedback.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well....I dunno if a bar or pub is the best place to strike up a conversation on impending world danger
Most people are there to :w: their worries away....

But I do agree with you....Some people simply choose not to care b/c they purposefully wish to remain ignorant, all so they can be perceived as the non-judgmental type by their peers...thus becoming more acceptable to a larger group of people, as opposed to making up their minds and singling themselves out among a more close-knit group of friends who may not be on quite the same scale of socialites....

To bad for them....

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't believe its that they don't care.... they do care, however they just feel that there's nothing they could do about it anyways, so why bother with all the worry....:bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think people not caring goes beyond the conversation of nuclear war. It seems to me the majority of people don't care about anything but them selves.
Even when sparking conversation of the tsunami with people. Most of the time I find the other person immediately will start saying how much they donated. That great to donate but why the need to discuss it? It sounds like bragging to me. So far only my wife has said anything about baby 81 or the black market baby trade.

Even in the public I see selfish acts. Always at fast food places you will see people not clean up after them selves. They simply wont pick up their tray and put their stuff in the trash. This is pretty common and not a huge deal. But not long ago I seen a couple eating together .When the girlfriend started to pick up the tray to go to the garbage the boyfriend took the tray out of her hands and put it back on the table. I see acts like this all the time. On the road, at the grocery store, in the mall. Every where I see examples on how people just don't care about anything but them selves.

This is why I like ATS were are not all like minded but we can talk about more thing than just ourselves.

top topics

join