It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Liberals in Media attack conservative reporter

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
White House spokesman Scott McClellan On Thursday challenged liberal media activists, who are currently feigning outrage over events surrounding "Jeff Gannon," to examine the definition of reporter in the new century.

"In this day and age, when you have a changing media, it's not an easy issue to decide or try to pick and choose who is a journalist. It gets into the issue of advocacy journalism," McClellan said.

"Where do you draw the line? There are a number of people who cross that line in the briefing room.

www.drudgereport.com...

In yet another blatant attempt to silence any non-liberal in the media the liberal-media'nazi's are attacking a reporter for asking a "harsh" question about demon-crat obstructionism in congress.

Just read this whining from the left.........

"NEW YORK Who is Jeff Gannon, why are some White House reporters saying terrible things about him, and why did the group that handles credentials for Capitol Hill correspondents turn down his request last summer, as E&P has learned?

Gannon, the White House correspondent for Talon News, a pro-conservative Web site linked to GOPUSA.com, has drawn attention recently among those who cover the president for what many consider to be an especially partisan approach. He is known for inserting blatantly pro-Bush statements in his inquiries at televised press briefings.

"Would they let Joe Lockhart or someone who works for the DNC [Democratic National Committee] come in and do that? I don't think so," Edwin Chen, who has covered the president for the Los Angeles Times, told E&P. "They ought to get legitimate members of the fourth estate, not political hacks on either side."

White House reporters say Gannon has regularly attended daily press briefings for more than a year. Then, during President Bush's televised press conference on Jan. 26, the president called on him for a question, bypassing dozens of far more experienced reporters."

www.editorandpublisher.com...

The "mainstream" leftist media can't stand equality. Their monopoly on "telling" people what and how to think is over. It is estimnated that over 90% of the media is comprised of ultra-left nazi's that want to tell you all is evil in the world because of america.

I say, good for you Gannon........give'm hell..............




posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   


It is estimnated that over 90% of the media is comprised of ultra-left nazi's that want to tell you all is evil in the world because of america.

I have a pretty good idea where you pulled that statistic out of, and yes it stinks. We are talking about the same media that perpetuated the lies and rhetoric that the Bush administration propogated to justify his ever changing rationale for a pre-emptive war here right? What like Mark Hyman and Sinclair Broadcast Group? Fox? ABC? Get real. At least try to pull some statistics that you didn't pull out of your er... source.



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   


This guy was not a real reporter.

You need to read up on him before you start blasting the Liberal Media.



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Please define "real" reporter? What makes a "real" reporter in your mind?



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy


It is estimnated that over 90% of the media is comprised of ultra-left nazi's that want to tell you all is evil in the world because of america.

I have a pretty good idea where you pulled that statistic out of, and yes it stinks. We are talking about the same media that perpetuated the lies and rhetoric that the Bush administration propogated to justify his ever changing rationale for a pre-emptive war here right? What like Mark Hyman and Sinclair Broadcast Group? Fox? ABC? Get real. At least try to pull some statistics that you didn't pull out of your er... source.





www.mediaresearch.org...



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Please define "real" reporter? What makes a "real" reporter in your mind?


This guy was working under a fake name and had phony university and journalistic credentials. You would tear apart any liberal 'reporter' like that.

www.dailykos.com...



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Well let's see what you got there...


ultra-left nazi's that want to tell you all is evil in the world because of america.

VS


9 out of ten reporters picked Clinton

LOL you are the reason they offer classes on statistical interpretation in higher education.



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Please define "real" reporter? What makes a "real" reporter in your mind?


This guy was working under a fake name and had phony university and journalistic credentials. You would tear apart any liberal 'reporter' like that.

www.dailykos.com...


Ever heard of a "fake" name like Mark Twain? Please define "journalistic credentials".



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Well let's see what you got there...


ultra-left nazi's that want to tell you all is evil in the world because of america.

VS


9 out of ten reporters picked Clinton

LOL you are the reason they offer classes on statistical interpretation in higher education.


So you had to take a class to be told how to think?



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracidPlease define "journalistic credentials".


My definition of a Journalist is not someone who has only attended a two day seminar:



opednews.com...

Gannon’s resume on the Talon News site, stated that he was a “graduate” of the Leadership Institute Broadcast School of Journalism. This turned out to actually be a two day seminar.



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by DrHoracidPlease define "journalistic credentials".


My definition of a Journalist is not someone who has only attended a two day seminar:



opednews.com...

Gannon’s resume on the Talon News site, stated that he was a “graduate” of the Leadership Institute Broadcast School of Journalism. This turned out to actually be a two day seminar.


So basically you have be a liberal to be a journalist? How many in the press have journalisim degrees? How many have law degrees? How many ever went to college at all?

Just can't stand a conservative in the press can you. Did Edward R Murrow have a journalism degree?



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If you had really followed any of the actual NEWS coverage of this over the past few weeks (not DRUDGE's johnny-come-lately exploitation of it), you'd realize this "character" didn't even pass Scott McClellan's own stated sniff test and inital defense of Gannon.

In a press briefing on Feb. 10th, White House Press Secretary McClellan claimed that Guckert was granted White House access because he "showed that he was representing a news organization that published regularly."

However, Talon News came into existence on March 29, 2003. It was granted White House Press Corps access just four days (approx. 96 hours) later. During that four-day time period, Talon News published a total of nine "stories."

If 96 hours of existence was sufficient proof of "regular publishing" for McClellan, then why did both the House and Senate galleries REJECT Talon News press pass applications due to shared ownership by GOPUSA (BIAS) and not meeting press standards (No HISTORY, NO CREDENTIALS)?

So we do background checks in the House and Senate, but the White House is a swinging door open to anyone that wants access to leaked internal memos...or just the hand placed plants? Think FredT could get in? You? Me? Yet according to the Washington Post "Gannon" was one of the few "elite" granted access a leaked internal CIA memo used as part of the White House retaliation to reveal the identity of Ambassador Joe Wilson's wife, then an undercover CIA operative.

Come on. Nobody can paint this one kosher. Not even the most deluded among you.

The guys personal life truly is a mess (gay military porn, bankruptcy, significant back taxes due), but none of that is the actual issue except to further illuminate how "unchecked" this character's background really was given his so-called "credentials" of employment by GOPUSA.


But hey, if somebody wants to defend him too...tell him to get behind all the other paid journalists exposed in the on-going White House press scandals. You've got alot to defend (or in this case spin) lately.

So I won't argue with ya. There's plenty of reality-based threads covering the investigation of this case already. No need to artificially inflate the "demon-crats bad, me stupid" duplicate.


Enjoy yourself. I know you do.



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
If you had really followed any of the actual NEWS coverage of this over the past few weeks (not DRUDGE's johnny-come-lately exploitation of it), you'd realize this "character" didn't even pass Scott McClellan's own stated sniff test and inital defense of Gannon.

In a press briefing on Feb. 10th, White House Press Secretary McClellan claimed that Guckert was granted White House access because he "showed that he was representing a news organization that published regularly."

However, Talon News came into existence on March 29, 2003. It was granted White House Press Corps access just four days (approx. 96 hours) later. During that four-day time period, Talon News published a total of nine "stories."

If 96 hours of existence was sufficient proof of "regular publishing" for McClellan, then why did both the House and Senate galleries REJECT Talon News press pass applications due to shared ownership by GOPUSA (BIAS) and not meeting press standards (No HISTORY, NO CREDENTIALS)?

So we do background checks in the House and Senate, but the White House is a swinging door open to anyone that wants access to leaked internal memos...or just the hand placed plants? Think FredT could get in? You? Me? Yet according to the Washington Post "Gannon" was one of the few "elite" granted access a leaked internal CIA memo used as part of the White House retaliation to reveal the identity of Ambassador Joe Wilson's wife, then an undercover CIA operative.

Come on. Nobody can paint this one kosher. Not even the most deluded among you.

The guys personal life truly is a mess (gay military porn, bankruptcy, significant back taxes due), but none of that is the actual issue except to further illuminate how "unchecked" this character's background really was given his so-called "credentials" of employment by GOPUSA.


But hey, if somebody wants to defend him too...tell him to get behind all the other paid journalists exposed in the on-going White House press scandals. You've got alot to defend (or in this case spin) lately.

So I won't argue with ya. There's plenty of reality-based threads covering the investigation of this case already. No need to artificially inflate the "demon-crats bad, me stupid" duplicate.


Enjoy yourself. I know you do.


So basically only liberal bias, from liberal media schools of hate are allowed to call themselves "journalist"? Now that is why FOX is the number one fastest growing news source...................


The main stream media has been pushing its leftist agenda for too long. Any opposing views are destroyed. Great system for disinformation isn't it.



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A journalist is one who writes objectively.

As a journalist myself (registered and credentialed) I feel insulted that someone like Gannon can make his way into the White House briefing room.

Liberal media my ass... Blitzer let him away with murder.



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is absolutely shameful!

I don't care if you're republican or a democrat, Americans should be ashamed of this kind of policial manipulation that is going on!

And I would think that reporters especially would be particularly bothered by this.



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Liberal media? Like Bush News?(Fox, Bush, same thing) WHere the owner, president, producers, executives, CEOs, hosts, clerks, and all but one man are registered republicans? Or like on last night on Hannity and Colmes. Three republicans, then Colmes, one tells Colmes to shut up as they all blame Clinton for NK getting nukes in 2005. Yes He made a deal in 1994, but Bush has been president for 4 years, so if the deal was bad, should have done something.

Or the what? 3-4 "reporters" on tv that are paid by Bush&Co to spread republican propoganda? And now this. A fake name, repoter credits, news compnay, and planted by Bush&Co to ask easy questions or kiss ass to Bush.



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i love how his connection to gay military websites is an issue in this. i thought liberals supported gays and stood for equality regardless of sexual orientation?

the truth is, he worked for a server company that registered a few domain names that were along the lines of gay military stuff. big deal. he's not gay (as if it should matter). and i'm willing to bet nearly every domain name regestiring company has registered a few porn websties, considering porn accounts for the largest amount of internet websites. in addition, those domain names that were registered never even actually became active websites. someone purchased the use of the names that were registered and then changed his mind on it.



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Gezz it seems to me a very "hallowed" journalist just tried to influence the last election with FAKE memos. Dan Rather anyone? Great journalistic work there libs..........



posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
FOX discussed a "journalist" working for Ralph Nader who has access to the White House press briefings and asks the President very biased questions from the other side.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
the truth is, he worked for a server company that registered a few domain names that were along the lines of gay military stuff. big deal. he's not gay (as if it should matter).


I appears that was a lie also.
He hired someone to create websites for him at those domains where he appears in the nude and advertises himself as an escort with rates of $1200 for the weekend.

He was a male prostitute.

Links to archived copies of the webpages at the site below:
americablog.blogspot.com...
*links from that site contain graphic sexual images*

It would be one heck of a coincidence that the client who he registered those domains for looked exactly like him.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join