It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS suspends contract with Equifax after malware discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

IRS suspends contract with Equifax after malware discovered

The IRS said late Thursday that it has temporarily suspended the agency's $7.1 million data security contract with Equifax (EFX) after malware found on the credit bureau's website again called its security systems into question.

Equifax, now notorious for exposing more than half of all adult Americans to identify theft, maintained the latest security breach was not officially a hack.

An Equifax vendor was "running code that was serving malicious content" on the Equifax site, the company said in a statement. "Since we learned of the issue, the vendor's code was removed from the webpage and we have taken the webpage offline to conduct further analysis."

However, consumers who were using the site could easily have been tricked into downloading malware when visiting the Equifax help page, an oversight that experts said put people further at risk. The nation's largest information technology trade group is urging the government to cancel Equifax's now suspended contract with the IRS.

The hits keep coming.

Blows my mind they were still even given this contract after their notorious series of breaches.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Good for the IRS. My question is .............if the iRS has a breach can we get rid of them?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Ha.

Note the suspension is couched as temporary. Let's hope it becomes more than that.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Wish I could suspend my ties with the IRS F'ing crooks

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc Well you can but that also means you give up some things in life.

new topics

top topics

join