It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Years, 3 Kids Later, Couple Is Freed From Taliban Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
5 Years, 3 Kids Later, Couple Is Freed From Taliban Group

An American woman, her Canadian husband, and their three children born during five years in Taliban captivity are finally free. Caitlan Coleman and Josh Boyle, both in their 30s, and their three children were rescued by Pakistani security forces shortly after the family crossed into the country on Wednesday, Pakistan's army says, per CNN.

Coleman and Boyle were abducted by the Taliban-affiliated Haqqani Network while touring Afghanistan in 2012, when Coleman was seven months pregnant, reports Fox News. They were last seen with two children in hostage videos, believed to have been filmed in December 2016, in which the pair asked their respective governments to secure their release. "My children have seen their mother defiled," said Coleman, who has since given birth to a third child.

What? Why did it take so long to get them out? That's insane!

I wonder, after reading the article if the kids are even her husbands. How absolutely horrible.

The US government was tracking the family and alerted Pakistani officials when they crossed into Pakistan on Wednesday, reports Fox. Pakistani security forces then intervened. "All hostages were recovered safe and sound and are being repatriated to the country of their origin," the army says. A US official tells NBC News the family is with US Embassy officials in Pakistan.

President Trump appeared to hint at the rescue in Coleman's home state of Pennsylvania on Wednesday, per ABC News. "Something happened today, where a country that totally disrespected us called with some very, very important news," he said. "And one of my generals came in. They said, 'You know, I have to tell you, a year ago they would've never done that.' ... This is a country that did not respect us. This is a country that respects us now."

Thank God for President Trump! I'm telling you, I don't care what anyone says - this American woman was there during all of Obama's ‘reign’ and NOTHING.

Again, thank God for President Trump!

peace

edit on 3920Thursday201713 by silo13 because: vid add

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Good news!!

I wonder about having kids in a situation like that, the children witnessed her "defiled".

Hopefully they are all his.

Hopefully they will come back soon

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here's a twist!

Canadian husband of American woman 'refuses to board US plane in fear he will be punished for his previous marriage to a terror suspect' after being rescued in Pakistan with their three young children following five years in Taliban captivity.

Boyle - who was previously married to terror suspect Zaynab Khadr - is reportedly refusing to board a US plane He fears he will face persecution over his marriage to Khadr once he lands.

Khadr is the sister of Omar Khadr. Omar spent 10 years in Guantanamo Bay when he was a teenager after pleading guilty to murdering U.S. Army Sergeant 1st Class Christopher Speer in Afghanistan by throwing a grenade at him during a battle in 2002.

So there is more to the story. Interesting.

Waiting for more updates.

TERROR LINKS OF CAPTIVE COUPLE: Joshua Boyle's previous marriage to daughter of 'Canada's first family of terrorism'

This is getting interesting.

Before he married Caitlan Coleman, Joshua Boyle was connected with Canada's 'first family of terrorism'. In 2009, he married Zaynab Khadr, the older sister of Guantanamo detainee Omar Khadr and the daughter of Ahmed Khadr, one of Osama Bin Laden's closest friends.

Friends say he was fascinated by terrorists and 'deeply cares about justice' which is why he got involved.

He believed Omar - who was 15 when he allegedly threw the grenade - should never have been treated as a terrorist. They said at the time that at best, Omar was a child soldier.

Through his time working with the family, he became close with Zaynab. Zaynab shot to infamy in 2004 when she defended the 9/11 attacks in an interview about her younger brothers imprisonment.

In 2009, Zaynab and Boyle married. They divorced the following year. He was already friends with Coleman, who he'd befriended on the internet as a teenager.

I'd like to hear more about this is anyone gets any more info.

edit on 5130Thursday201713 by silo13 because: added more info

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Good news!!

I wonder about having kids in a situation like that, the children witnessed her "defiled".

Hopefully they are all his.

Hopefully they will come back soon

I'm sure the children were subjected to sexual assault as well. Sad, and hate to mention it. But let's not forget we are dealing with the scum of the earth here.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Another article says they had other children that died but it's not confirmed.

Makes my skin crawl thinking about it.

And those kids now? Talk about a SHOCK! Thank God kids are resilient.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
First wife was Islamic terrorist...
Second wife with him "touring Afgahnistan"
Allegedly wrote most of the Wikipedia articles dealing with Islamic terrorism.

This family needs to be watched like hawks. Barn cats don't mix well with house cats.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

This whole thing is a goat screw and doesn't add up.

Give it a couple weeks for the truth to come out, usually don't have babies while being held in captivity.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I agree. Something here is, well, let's just say we're not hearing 'the rest of the story'.

I'll keep an eye out for more info - now I'm really intrigued.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
First wife was Islamic terrorist...
Second wife with him "touring Afgahnistan"
Allegedly wrote most of the Wikipedia articles dealing with Islamic terrorism.

This family needs to be watched like hawks. Barn cats don't mix well with house cats.

LOL...touring Afghanistan LOL
"Geez honey....the rocks and boulders here by Iran are much nicer than the ones by Pakistan, don't you think?"
'I don't know honey....I really liked that cave in the mountains"
There's something wrong with these people.
Shave his beard off and force him to sit on the beach for a few days to get a suntan....see if he talks then.

edit on 12-10-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Once the captors are located, they should expect a rain of hellfire.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
'abducted' while supposedly touring Afghanistan!

Right people.

That sure is a vacation hotspot.

What the hell ever.

I can't be sympathetic here.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Maybe there was a good reason Obama didn't have them rescued...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I can understand (maybe) why he wouldn't have rescued the guy - but to leave that women there? With children - and some who've been said to have died.

No excuse.

Well, unless she's a operative type (whatever) too... Maybe...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
naw....us Texicans, we do it a little differently.....

Charlie Wilson.....what would he do......Texas boy done good

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Maybe there was a good reason Obama didn't have them rescued...

I don't know. He went all in for Bergdahl.

join