It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musical interlude for a quiet Monday evening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Musical interlude for a quiet Monday evening
I dedicate this to all you speculators out there, all you whiz kids with all the answers, all the conundrums figured precisely. Here is A Shot in the Dark
I know all of us have most likely at one time or another heard this Mancini marvel but give it a listen again. Don’t turn it off thinking, yeah, I know this and have heard it before. At least get to the middle of the piece where the grooviest, lowest, smoothest base organ ever tears it up in slow motion joined by some out of mind nail it down trombones.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Groovy,man.Thanks!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbeltjones

Groovy indeed.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

What happened to music?

I mean good music is still produced, seek and you'll find it. It's probably never been better for variation and volume.

But a lot of it, a lot I hear anyways. It's not "organic", it doesn't flow as naturally.

Anyone else get that feeling?

Nice song for a Tuesday morning btw

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

At 2 minutes and 30 seconds.. all of it was the grooviest man.😁

But i must admit, I saw Mancini and wanted bread as most Pittsburghers do.πŸ˜„

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Dave Brubeck

Take 5

edit on 10-10-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Take 5 is amazing.That sax is so smooth.Anyone who hasn't heard it needs to.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Very cool, man. I remember so well. Reminds me a little of the Big band sounds which I love so much.

Dave Brubeck still rings in my head to this day.

Thanks for the memories, guys.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

my favorite from that album was Blue Rondo ala Turk.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I think music is mesmerizing in that it can lull us into certain mental states that, like a drug, demand more and more of the same. The music industrial complex relies upon this to know where to focus it's financial investments. It's the money and not the art. The art is just a tool and when it is overly utilized for reasons other than it's own nature, it becomes routine hack.

The Music Industrial Complex will not take chances. They will promote only what is a good gamble to keep the coffers full with little chance of an unknown style or under appreciated genre. Artists are sucked up into it's maw and turned into celebrities and super stars while leaving a myriad of other equally as talented people exploring a wide variety of musical creativity behind.

join