It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me rediscover this ancient rejuvenation story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Some years ago, I read this interesting story about a Yogi that would rejuvenate himself, but I can't seem to find it again. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much.

The story was something like the following; a Yogi would teach his students about hinduism (or was it buddhism), when he became old and ready to die his students would pester him to stay with them somewhat longer to complete his teachings. Wanting to help them, he would then isolate himself in a cave or house for a couple of months and when he later emerged, he was younger and his face full of youthful vigor. He would rejuvenate himself in this manner multiple times, until he stopped with the practice, grew old one final time and died.

-MM
edit on 7-10-2017 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I tried but came up empty handed. I don't know any more search terms. Mostly I get ads and stuff about Yogi Beara.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hey man when you find it let me know.

~Morpheus

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Try this.

www.mountainrunnerdoc.com...

Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950) was one of the most respected of modern Indian sages. At the age of sixteen he had a well-known spontaneous “death experience” without any previous sadhana or spiritual disciplines, which many have equated with his permanent establishment in Self-Realization, or the enlightened condition.

Ramana had little or no previous knowledge of spiritual traditions; it was only later that he found confirmation of his experience in the scriptures. After this he was for many years absorbed in trance samadhi much of the time, oblivious to the world. Indeed, he spent the years 1899-1916 in Virupaksha Cave, and 1916-1922 i

edit on 7-10-2017 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I don't know anything about that rejuvenating story but a body rejuvenation and metamorphous was claimed by U G Krishnamurti. His story is somewhat interesting and believable.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
Hey man when you find it let me know.

~Morpheus

I finally found the story, it was driving me MAD

When Pandit Malvija felt his mental and physical strength slipping away, he entered a yoga trance for 72 days, and, on rising from the place where he had allowed himself to be buried, he exhibited a youthful vigor such as he had not displayed for several decades. Once more the ravages of age began to show themselves after some years and one of his followers pleaded with him to undertake a processus vitae interruptionis (a process of suspended animation, in which life force is accumulated) yet again, a process we shall be discussing in detail later. The yogi simply replied, “My time has come,” and attired himself in a change of raiment. Now this happened as recently as 1950! His wisdom, like that of the last Indian prophet, Ramakrishna, was even greater than his power.

-A Rosicrucian Notebook: The Secret Sciences Used by Members of the Order, Willy Schrodter, pg 156

Thanks to all that helped. Unfortunately, there is not much information on Pandit Malvija online, perhaps the name is misspelled in the book?

-MM

top topics

join