It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scoutmaster "MURDER WITNESS" [MW2017] - Non Writer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I didn't understand why it happened and who could have as it was my dad after all , he was my safety net , my protector , my bloody father .You prick . But , once there was a time when i loved him , hell i idolized him , we all did . Every now and then i would catch my mum looking at him when she thought no one was watching , a hint of a smile and a look in her eyes that i didn't quite understand but i knew it was something special, i was only ten at the time . Dad was the local scout master and didn't that make me feel proud, my dad the scoutmaster and believe me i couldn't wait for Thursday nights , He was tough on the other kids but every now and then he would give me a wink and a smile , you dont fool me dad . Oh and fishing , my dad could catch a fish if he cast out into the middle of the main street and shooting , well he never missed and rabbit was often on the menu , rabbit was considered poor mans tucker back in those days but we all loved it , mum was a awesome cook , screw you colonel , my mum had spices you never dreamed of . He even let me have a shot once and i missed by a mile . He had a little laugh and said not a bad first try you will get better with time and instantly i felt better. Stupid rabbit you should have kept running , dad never misses . Life was pretty damn good i can tell you .

Crack crack . I wake up to light coming through a partially open door , confusion , why is there shooting in the house . I get out of bed and go towards mum and dads bedroom and there he is standing there with his rifle in his hand . His eyes , this was not the person i idolized , my father the scoutmaster , my protector . Crazy eyes , thousand yard stare , call it what you will and i started backing away both terrified and saddened at the same time . I knew my mother was dead and so desperately wanted to go and hug her like i did almost every day , she always had time for a hug and i loved her like only a ten year old could . David get your brother and run , his eyes had softened and i knew this was my chance and ran to my brothers room , typical , Brian sleeps through everything , well except for the smells of mums pancakes Saturday morning . I drag him half asleep towards the front door telling him dad has just killed mum . Jess , where is Jess , get Brian outside then get Jess , he said to run so surely not .Kitchen , lounge room , hallway , run to the front door to get Brian out then Jess. Its locked .The key was missing , its always in the door . I turned around already knowing . Looking for this he said then crack , Brian dropped and i knew he was dead , dad never misses , hes sorry dad , hes sorry . Crack and i felt the bullet hitting the door beside me , hope , crack , another miss , why dad , crack .

I watched over him , we all did , me , my mother , my brother and sister, he was my baby brother .

There was nothing we could do , we could only watch . He had lived , and i dont know why was wasn't shot he just wasn't , perhaps dads soft eyes had come back . He lived for another 14 years unaware of the past and then it happened . School kids , they didn't understand how could they . Why did they have to tell him . Mikey hung himself two days later . He knew instantly it was a mistake the second he kicked the chair over and i suppose he struggled to save himself but i could not watch , he will be here soon . You got us all now dad.

We can visit the past here and Mikeys been here for a while . One day mum came to us and said you need to see this . It was my dad playing football , Aussie rules , he was a rover and kind of tall for the position and a bit of a hard nut , head in where angels fear to tread type . He got knocked out this game and was taken to hospital and he nearly died . I looked at Mikey and and he nodded his head and said , its OK . Mum , well she had a slight smile on her face and a look in her eyes .

The end

Years later i was driving down a quiet little street in a small town here in South Australia . There is a house there , its kind of run down house with a lot of weeds in the yard . It has two holes in the front door . Mikey , well i am not sure of his real name but anyways rumors were he hung himself after finding out about his past. If true he was 18 . It is almost impossible to find a reference to these murders , its as if they never happened . The father was found later that day in a local quarry , gunshot to the head .

edit on 7-10-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Well there you go, sucked me in. You got me. Love this type of writing. Had to read it twice before this comment to be sure I was reading a great story.

Good one cobs,

bally

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

sucked me in

Nah mate you sucked me in , i am not a writer but these murders happened right in my backyard and you kind of sucked me into writing . My family was supposed to have a meal there that night but it was called off . Said murderer was drinking with the local cop until 2 am on a Monday in the local . Copper got a call a couple hours later from him saying he had murdered his family . I walked to the bus stop next morning and there were coppers everywhere . Bus stop was around 150 meters from the murder scene .

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Nothin like a bit of real life to consider and share.

Keep writing mate.

kind regards as always,

bally

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wow. Very powerful.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Than you , its a long time since i was 10 so telling through a ten year olds eyes , well there was a lot of edits

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Nice one Hutch
I hope you keep entering in these contests.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Better effort than my first attempt i think , but when i read the other entries i realize i got a long way to go .

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Great job!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thanks DB , lots of great entries as there is and as i said above and i feel it is better than my first attempt , Practise , practise , practise as they say .
edit on 10-10-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Nice job, Hutch! The fact that it was inspired by actual events lends a lot of authenticity to it that you can sense when you read.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That was a hell of a read mate. All the more dark for the intro and the little things like the way mum looked at dad.

I could go a longer version written in a similar vein. Thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Thanks PS , as stated in the OP there is no readily available references to it anywhere online and i am not sure why .
The scoutmaster

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Thanks Sprocket , hmmm , a longer version huh . I wrote most of it while having a few bevvies then looked at the next day and thought this really needs some work . I didn't want to go the whole heaven type of angle but to do so made it a lot easier for me to tell my imagined version of the story .

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I meant that the story in general and your characters in particular have the legs to stretch it out. Its great as is, just very very interesting

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I meant that the story in general and your characters in particular have the legs to stretch it out.

Yes are probably right . I had a re read a couple of days later and thought perhaps i could have gone into the dads fate after dying . As for the actual murders , well no one knows for sure how they played out just the end result . The real life father was found outside town in a small quarry . He allegedly had a gunshot wound to both arms and legs , remorse or punishment to himself for what he had done , who knows . And , as stated above there a no references to this that i can find online .

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

So sad. I loved the point of view you chose. Well done!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thanks AB . Yes it was a very sad story and i tried to keep the little bits accurate as to what was found at the time . I cant imagine the terror those boys were feeling at the front door .

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Just wow.
So strange that there are no references buried on line somewhere that you can dig up.
Fantastic story and so sad for those boys.
I can't help but wonder what the precursor to his 'snapping' was. I think there must have been something, don't you?
Great story and I enjoy the things you write about. We all can improve but, I think you do just fine!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

First of all thank you for kind words . As to there being no references online , yes it is strange , there arent even references to the murders in official lists . I still search from time to time during quiet ATS moments . A few years ago i did manage to find a reference , it was a micro fish grab from a newspaper which i took a grab of and just saved it as a picture . Sadly the laptop drowned in beer but i think i may have kept the hard drive , must have a look . Cheers for your kind words .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join