It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vet steals truck to save shooting victims in Vegas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Without fail, be it a natural disaster or an act of sheer evil, it seems many rise to the occasion and match, even surpass the evil with acts of goodness.

It is a strength of humanity. Something to be admired. A lot of good lays dormant within us as does the evil. The vast majority respond with goodness.

Remember this truth with it seems there's little to be optimistic about. Somehow, someway we seem to prevail.

Try this one:www.foxnews.com...

edit on 5-10-2017 by nwtrucker because: link fail

edit on 5-10-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Amen

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I got a “Page Not Found” error.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Page not found...maybe they didn't want him to get in trouble for stealing the truck and removed it...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What if the truck he stole was the only lifeline that person had? If it were your truck (not you specifically) then I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it.

Then again he did it for a good cause so there's that. Well he be charged with theft? Probably. Should he? Hard to say seeing as he did it with good intentions.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Requisitioned. Did not steal it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

I'll try to find another link.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What if the truck he stole was the only lifeline that person had? If it were your truck (not you specifically) then I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it.

Then again he did it for a good cause so there's that. Well he be charged with theft? Probably. Should he? Hard to say seeing as he did it with good intentions.

Actually the owner of the truck just wanted his keys back....

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Oops, probably should have clicked the link. My bad.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
God bless that man...

He didn't "steal" the truck, as all the headlines state... he commandeered it in an emergency situation to save lives.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Here's another one.

A Marine threw himself over a girl he met two hours prior, then helped her get to safety and even let her use his phone to let her sister and friends know she was safe.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Here's another one.

A Marine threw himself over a girl he met two hours prior, then helped her get to safety and even let her use his phone to let her sister and friends know she was safe.

Very cool.

There's probably lots of acts that will never see the light of day. Smaller ones, perhaps. Modest people.

Bless them all. Known or not.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't call that stealing, he borrowed it. He put it back when he was done.

And good for him for doing it in the first place. Death toll could have been even worse without him.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I saw this story the other day.
I got a feeling Sheriff Joe Lombardo would kick someone's ass if they tried to press charges on this guy for "stealing" the truck.
The Sheriff strikes me as a guy that wouldn't stand for any bullsh!t.
Kudos to this Marine for taking the initiative and saving lives.
I am sure he would be high on the list if they ever decide to recognize the heroes of that night in the future.

Edit - The story I read the other day was the truck belonged to the concert venue in some way....to move equipment around or something.
That is why the keys were in it and parked behind fencing with other trucks.
edit on 5-10-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Requisitioned. Did not steal it.

In the Army, we never called it theft.

We called it, "Reallocation of pre-existing materials".

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yep. Applied situation ethics. Very ethical and brave.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'd call that borrowing a truck, under extreme circumstances! He did what was needed to save lives. How any didn't die because he got them to medical care?

Good to see people doing what they can to help one another, again, in a bad situation. Seems to be the norm these days!!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I'd call that borrowing a truck, under extreme circumstances! He did what was needed to save lives. How any didn't die because he got them to medical care?

Good to see people doing what they can to help one another, again, in a bad situation. Seems to be the norm these days!!

Zero argument from me. It was the headline of both links I found. I didn't want to edit their 'Title'.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join