It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Night A Car Did Something Unexplainable

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
I'm not questioning your abilities to identify vehicles or what not.. but this occured at NIGHT with lights blaring in your face through your mirror. Chances are the car sped up behind you and quickly turned off. This has happened to me quite a few times. All it takes is a split second for events to change on the road, and I doubt you had your eyes glued to your mirrors the entire time.

If the vehicle behind you had backed off a few meters like you claimed, then perhaps that was the car behind the "FJ Cruiser" that was now further back because he had to slow down.

Ok, I hear ya.

I mean to say sincerely, this happened in 2 to 3 tenths of a second, and i was indeed staring at my rear view mirror when it occurred.

I know how unbelievable it seems, but im no stranger to this type of #. I am very weary to draw conclusions and am skeptical of things (which is why i havent claimed absolutely that this was an alien, ghost, or that im in a coma/dream).

All i know is that an FJ Cruiser became an early 2000's/late 1990's sedan (i think domestic) in the blink of an eye.

That, and my friend made the same observation.
edit on 2-10-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Someone passed the Cruiser and your mind actually thought it was still the cruiser and made the lights appear as if it was the Cruiser. That is normal. Most people do that occasionally. After thinking it over, the change in behavior of that driver, your mind opened up again and you saw it was a different car.

This same problem occurs in Witnesses in court, people actually do not always know what they saw. That is why our legal system is so intent on making sure that witnesses are real. Sometimes they will have five totally different descriptions of a criminal from five different witnesses.

I get that is the go to explanation for these things, and is the case 99.9% of the time (estimate).

I can tell you with a 99.99% certainty, this was not one of those lapses in observation. It simply happened too quickly, with my eyes directed right at it.

If i had my eyes closed during blinking for longer than usual, i would have crashed.

The car behind did not pass the FJ. That car in the back had blue LEDs and projectors.

The FJ disappeared and was replaced by the sedan instantly (less than half a second). The car in the back was still the same with the projectors and LEDs so that rules out the rear car passing.

Also, the car with the blue LEDs should have been behind me if the the FJ turned off. The Fj as stated in the OP was riding my bumper and the car with blue LEDs in back was close to the FJ.

ALSO, the road was very windy and narrow as mentioned, no chance to pass without my noticing.

If the FJ had pulled off, and a car on a side road (didnt see any cars nearby) had pulled in front of the car with LEDs in the back, i guarantee they would have crashed.

There simply was not enough space between the FJ and the LED car, in the amount of time that this occurred, for any of the posited "rational" explanations to describe what happened.

Im usually not so certain, as mentioned, im a skeptic, but this one is baffling.
edit on 2-10-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Probably the same phenomenon. Very interesting story, thank you.

Perhaps timeline/dimensional shifts.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

That was quite an intriguing experience. Loving the thread and other people's experiences as well. Most people who haven't experienced anything strange will be skeptical, but I like to keep an open mind. Like you said, it happened so fast, I don't think you were mistaken with what you saw.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

originally posted by: rickymouse

If you ruled that out, then I don't know what happened. I do believe that this reality may not be what it appears to be, but even with that possibility, what controls it usually does not mess up.
edit on 2-10-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Check my profile...weird crap follows me like that even now...

I seriously have no explanation!!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

I appreciated your posts in the other thread about the Vegas massacre.

Ill look into your profile asap!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hypnotic effect of the road? Doesn't the brain shut down during repetitive processes giving the sensation of lost time? Something to do with already having that information stored. Makes you zone out. Especially if you drive routes your extremely familiar with.
Can sort of see it by staring at yourself in a mirror. Your brain stops inputting outside information and it makes your face appear to deform.

Maybe you zoned out and missed the car behind you turning off?

Human brains are funny things.
edit on 4-10-2017 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

I suppose so, I know what you're referring to.

That "glazing over" effect usually happens on straight road and freeways, though. Its pretty difficult to enter that phase on this particular road, as it requires a lot of attention due to the windiness and narrowness.

I also tend to pep up and remaim especially attentive while driving if i have passengers.

*shrug*

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well maybe it the disappearing/ reappearing car mystery. There's some videos on YouTube about it. Not sure if they were hoaxed though

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

yeah, I've seen some of those--some are pretty obvious fakes, some not.

But this was more like a shift in reality, similar to the idea behind Shroedinger's cat, but where there was a battle between observations that caused one path or reality to occur, but then it jumped to another path instantaneously.

Regardless, it was odd.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I do wonder at times if we are existing in more than one perceived reality. Every now and then they cross paths, overlapping for a Brief moment. Having a witness though would mean it's not ones own brain reacting to it. Puzzling trying to even formulate a way I want to say it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Were you driving anywhere in New Jersey? Clinton Road in West Milford has more than its share of strange stories. You hear things like ghosts/spirits manifesting themselves as orbs or lights and tailgating people as they drive. Maybe you ran into something like this?

Also, this happened last night? I experienced some weirdness myself. Maybe I'll start a thread about it as not to hijack this one.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It's called a glitch in the matrix, and I've had one myself.

I made a thread a few years back about seeing a cyclist disappear and I've heard similar stories and excuse the cliche but i thought to myself 'i'm not the only one.'

Honestly it's a weird experience, it's like the universe played a magic trick on you, if you could have seen the look on my face it would've been priceless as I was baffled.

edit on 6-10-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

originally posted by: eXia7
I'm not questioning your abilities to identify vehicles or what not.. but this occured at NIGHT with lights blaring in your face through your mirror. Chances are the car sped up behind you and quickly turned off. This has happened to me quite a few times. All it takes is a split second for events to change on the road, and I doubt you had your eyes glued to your mirrors the entire time.

If the vehicle behind you had backed off a few meters like you claimed, then perhaps that was the car behind the "FJ Cruiser" that was now further back because he had to slow down.

Ok, I hear ya.

I mean to say sincerely, this happened in 2 to 3 tenths of a second, and i was indeed staring at my rear view mirror when it occurred.

I know how unbelievable it seems, but im no stranger to this type of #. I am very weary to draw conclusions and am skeptical of things (which is why i havent claimed absolutely that this was an alien, ghost, or that im in a coma/dream).

All i know is that an FJ Cruiser became an early 2000's/late 1990's sedan (i think domestic) in the blink of an eye.

That, and my friend made the same observation.
id call it a "localized dimensional shift"

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Weird. Looked out the window one time and everybody walking and all the cars were going backwards. It scared me so bad I shut the blinds. Im serious by the way and I'm not crazy. Never even told anyone before this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join