It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Night A Car Did Something Unexplainable

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Last night I was designated driver for my buddy.

We left the pizza place aroud 10pm and made our way to the nearby Taco Bell where he asked me to drop him off.

As we drove down a familiar road, I made note of the cars behind me (i am a very OCD driver. I used to race in events, i check my mirrors constantly, and i can identify almost any car by its head lights). There were two cars following me. I couldnt tell what the rear most car was but i know it was a modern sedan or coupe as it had LED bars on the headlights.

The car directly behind me was an FJ Cruiser, without a doubt. Circular headlights, yellow side lights spaced properly and shaped just like an FJ. I also know my Toyotas particularly well.

As we continued, we began to traverse a winding part of this road.

The FJ Cruiser was following at a safe distance. After about a minute, despite driving fairly quickly (not more than 5 mph over the limit) the FJ quickly accelerated and got close to my bumper.

I thought it was kind of odd, the change in driving behavior.

My buddy without provocation says to me:

"Wow that guy is riding your ass right now!"

I acknowledged it and began saying that its an FJ Cruiser and wondered what this guy's deal was. My buddy was looking at the FJ in the side mirror and acknowledged my assesment (his dad was a cop so he was taught to be very vigilant on the road amd observe other cars).

As I watched this car in my rear view, something very unexplainable happened.

As I watched this car astutely in my rear view mirror, I blinked...and the car had changed. A completely different car.

In less than a couple tenths of a second, the FJ Cruiser became a early 2000's sedan. The headlight configuration was entirely different.

I exclaimed some profanity outloud and told my friend what happened. At first he couldnt even formulate a sentence, but eventually said he saw it too and had "no #ing idea what just happened."

I just talked to him today about it and he remembers it just as I do.

To add to he event, oddly enough, as soon as I started talking about the car changing, it backed off my bumper big time. In fact it backed off almost 50 meters or so.

And to add to the weirdness, as soon as I pulled onto my buddy's side street about 1 minute after this happened, we passed by an FJ cruiser going the opposite direction.

Spooky action.

edit on 1-10-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

That's when I pull out a dollar bill to see who's on it.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Wait. Taco Bell? After 10 pm?

I think I know what happened here..

Just kidding. I believe you bro. Did you ever see my thread about the color of plastic bags changing on me?

Lots of weird stuff happens and most are so fixed in their little windows of perception that they never notice.

edit on 1-10-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So ... no sensation of change ... no buzzing, pops or flashes of light?

Just one vehicle behind you one moment and another the next?

I'm rather surprised your drunken friend was as astute/aware as you're describing ... but other than that.

Quite weird. 10 PM is not usually the "hour of oddity" which is usually around 3:00 AM.

If you weren't indulging in any mind-altering materials, if you weren't sleep deprived or otherwise stressed ... and given your detailed understanding of automobiles ... I'm hard pressed to come up with a "rational" explanation.

Is this your first experience with high strangeness?

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Holy crap...the $1 bill has John Adams on it.

Just foolin. I dont have any money 😂

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Hey buddha 👋

I didn't see your thread about the bags changing color, but I believe you too bro.

One has to wonder, is it just our perception?

I dont think it is. I think there's something else to it. This car literally changed, and the fact that the driver backed off so much when i was intently focusing on it, made it really seem as if they either knew i saw it happen and they did it purposefully, or they were also really confused as to what had just happened.

It was almost like the kind of thing youd see in a dream.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
One of the 10p coins I have, has a picture of George Washington on it

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Sterling?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
very odd experience indeed.

made me think of Carlos Castaneda stuff. i often try to catch weirdness in my back-mirror with the head-lights and stuff, but never ever did something happen.

I often have other weird things happen that i can not explain. and i always don't know what else to do than just to walk away from it. the memory of it lingers for a while, sometimes more than other times, than i forget or am absorbed by a new event.

fascinating!

edit on 1-10-2017 by lucia2389 because: double negative mistake

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So ... no sensation of change ... no buzzing, pops or flashes of light?

Just one vehicle behind you one moment and another the next?

I'm rather surprised your drunken friend was as astute/aware as you're describing ... but other than that.

Quite weird. 10 PM is not usually the "hour of oddity" which is usually around 3:00 AM.

If you weren't indulging in any mind-altering materials, if you weren't sleep deprived or otherwise stressed ... and given your detailed understanding of automobiles ... I'm hard pressed to come up with a "rational" explanation.

Is this your first experience with high strangeness?

Gryph im glad you stopped by here. I am no stranger to the supernatural or high strangeness as you put it. In fact, since 2007 when a close friend died, it has plagued me immensely. Impossible coincidences regularly, psychic stuff like telepathy and precognition, thought form projection, remote viewing, visions, encounters of the 4th kind with at least two different types...and i hold skepticism and uncertainty about all of it, to maintain my sanity, and to appease the ignorant, fearful masses.

In terms of sensations...i was leery to add this to my OP, but ill divulge.

I had a distinct feeling and kind of a sense of some kind of "slip" when the car shifted.

Ive only felt this twice before. When i first smoked cannabis (i havent smoked for 10 months) and once in college when i sensed a slip, looked back at my two friends, and they both looked at me dumbfounded and said they felt something too.

I was sober last night, my friend was inebriated but not very much (after 2 dui's i told him last year he needs to cool it with alcohol, and he has come a long way since).

This event doesnt suprise me. Ive been pushing te envelope so to speak lately. Breaking ground on e.t. presence (or so i think) and other topics.

Perhaps this was a cautionary event telling me to basically cool my jets for now.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Where there still two cars behind you after the event?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
the matrix is clearly destabilizing .

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It was almost like the kimd of thing youd see in a dream.

Perhaps..

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

That's pretty much the m.o. of these kind of events:

1) Dont think about it too much

2) Eventually get over it and more or less forget about it

Despite thls...so many of us know there is more to it. We know what we've see. We know that some of these things arent just our minds going haywire, not just faltering perceptions, as many are told so concretely is the case.

Really its no different than "oh theyre all weather balloons" if you catch my drift.

What does it all mean? Probably something profound, but we are apparently not allowed to know for "reasons".

Personally? I think that is not OK.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You solved your mystery in your OP.

Two cars behind you. One an FJ one a modern sedan. At night. Case closed.

You took your eyes off your rear view and 1 of 2 things, the sedan passed the FJ, hence got really close to you, and you failed to identify it. Or the FJ pulled off from behind you and the sedan started tailgating you, and you failed to identify it.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

Yes, the rear most car was the same. The car directly behind me had clearly changed.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
You solved your mystery in your OP.

Two cars behind you. One an FJ one a modern sedan. At night. Case closed.

You took your eyes off your rear view and 1 of 2 things, the sedan passed the FJ, hence got really close to you, and you failed to identify it. Or the FJ pulled off from behind you and the sedan started tailgating you, and you failed to identify it.

Completely false. Case closed, no. Unequivocally.

The car changed into a sedan with halogen head lamps. Old style. Yellow lights.

The car behind had high intensity blue projectors with white LED bars as seen on more modern vehicles.

Its also extremely dangerous and basically impossible to pass up cars on that part of the road. Its that twisty.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Taco Bell aint cheap these days.

I would have looked at the clock the moment the shift happened.
"Everything in its time" and all that...

I'd expect another "event" to occur for you before to long....

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
the matrix is clearly destabilizing .

You know whats cool dash?

When i was 5 i had my first dream that I recall.

I was flying through a black, infinite void. There was only a green 3D matrix, x, y, z axes. That, and the sound of my own heart beat.

Lub dub. Lub dub.

Scared the # out of me, and this was quite a few years before the movie the Matrix.

In 2011 I had an experience that i was essentially back in the dream. I eventually encountered a white orb the size of a baseball.

I reached out with my hand, and as soon as i got within a short distance of it, the orb exploded. Streams of light carrying in them galaxies and stars.

Imagination is wild!

A couple years later, i tried for the first and only time, dimethyltryp...etc.

It took me right back to that dream content.

Wild.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Interesting... thanks for sharing.

Just more indications "reality" needs a different definition.

Years ago, I'd think you were having an ego induced laugh at other's expense or a hallucination.

Now? I know better... what you experienced could be exactly as you relay, or a joke or mistake ... or all at once and equally "real" ...

all I know is that I have no completely satisfying answers... to anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join