It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Urban Death Project' Wants to Turn You Into Soil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There's another idea someone has come up with. The website is called The living urn. A process that has been thought of growing a tree or plant from a dead relatives ashes

www.thelivingurn.com...

A copy and paste from their main page:

How Does It Work?
We've spent years working with leading soil scientists and arborists to develop the most advanced Bio Urn and Planting System on the market today. The patent pending Living Urn® is complex in its design, but it's simple and easy to use. Place your loved one's cremated remains in the BioUrn® and add our proprietary RootProtect™ ash neutralizing agent on top. Next, lower the tree seedling roots into our special BioUrn®, add our premium growth mix, and plant it in the ground. A beautiful, enduring living memorial will then grow up from the urn and the cremated remains to keep your loved one's memory present in your life!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
How does being a "taphophile" make the process of loss irrelevant?

Where did I say it does?

I said most likely the only people visiting your grave after a number of years would either be celebrity hounds if you're a dead celebrity or taphophiles since they like cemeteries.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That's not true at ALL. Come on, you haven't ANY friends or family who regularly go and visit, clean, and replace the flowers on the graves of their loved ones???

Are ALL the soldiers who are buried at Arlington less noteworthy??

I think you're being a bit callous and dismissive of the human condition as it pertains to loss and worth.

You're not following what I'm saying.

You die. Who visits your grave? Kids? Siblings? Friends? Sure. They die. Then who comes? Grandkids? Maybe. Second cousins? Nope. Strangers. Nope. Great-grandkids? They never met you, so most likely nope as well.

Well that's a grim outlook on life. Maybe your experience is different from mine as my family honors our losses by instilling in our children the necessity of never forgetting our family's past and present.

How can you know who you are, where you came from, the what,where,why,and how you exist now and what your strengths and weaknesses could possibly be without knowing and sharing how that came about?

What lessons could be learned?

You seem to think history, genetically, isn't important.

In the narcissistic driven society we have today, I could understand.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: silo13

Because, being placed in a sealed coffin after the body has been embalmed is such a brilliant idea as well.

What we do with our dead is unnatural. I would probably prefer something along these lines for myself, as I have already opted for cremation.

OP does have a point.

Issues of respect for the dead body aside. What procedures will be in place to handle micro organisms? The reason why you cannot fertilize a garden with human manure and then eat what is produced is because of the chance to pass on disease. Not all germs oblige us by dying so easily. With animals, the risk of passing along disease is much less because there are fewer zoonotic diseases, but unless they have something in place to treat the remains for micro organisms, they could just be producing infectious soils.

And equating something with good just because it's found in nature is a logical fallacy.
edit on 1-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

How does being a "taphophile" make the process of loss irrelevant?

Where did I say it does?

I said most likely the only people visiting your grave after a number of years would either be celebrity hounds if you're a dead celebrity or taphophiles since they like cemeteries.

You seem to be trying to broad brush everyone as a self serving assh##.

Most are not, take comfort in that and smile..

There are many who are not simply categorized into the two you provided.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well that's a grim outlook on life.

How is that 'grim'? It's the truth.

Maybe your experience is different from mine as my family honors our losses by instilling in our children the necessity of never forgetting our family's past and present.

Who said your children shouldn't forget the past? When's the last time they visited each of their great-grandparent's graves?

How can you know who you are, where you came from, the what,where,why,and how you exist now and what your strengths and weaknesses could possibly be without knowing and sharing how that came about?

I knew all of that without visiting a cemetery.

Now you're just being a hyperbolic hysteric. What 'genetic history' are you learning in a cemetery that you cannot learn elsewhere?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

How does no family members visiting your grave several generations from now make them assholes? Why do you expect people who have never met you to somehow want to make pilgrimages to your gravesite?

I gonna clue you in on a little secret, your great-grandkids will most likely never visit your grave.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Well that's a grim outlook on life.

How is that 'grim'? It's the truth.

Maybe your experience is different from mine as my family honors our losses by instilling in our children the necessity of never forgetting our family's past and present.

Who said your children shouldn't forget the past? When's the last time they visited each of their great-grandparent's graves?

I knew all of that without visiting a cemetery.

Now you're just being a hyperbolic hysteric. What 'genetic history' are you learning in a cemetery that you cannot learn elsewhere?

Who's truth? Your truth?? Well, good for you. Whatever makes life make sense to you so be it.

I took my nieces and nephews just last Sunday for your information. Why I needed to justify your inquiry is beyond me, but that's an ongoing part of what MY family does and will continue to do.

Hyperbolic hysteric???

LOL.

You may have your own processes, however after showing the pictures and sharing the stories, we go to where they rest to honor them.

If that's not important to you, ok. Do it your own way.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

How does no family members visiting your grave several generations from now make them assholes? Why do you expect people who have never met you to somehow want to make pilgrimages to your gravesite?

I gonna clue you in on a little secret, your great-grandkids will most likely never visit your grave.

Man, you are a very dismal person. I'm going to disengage with you now. You're too negative.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Who's truth? Your truth?? Well, good for you. Whatever makes life make sense to you so be it.

The actual truth.

I took my nieces and nephews just last Sunday for your information.

I figured it would be something like that since everyone manages to regularly get out and visit the great-grandparent's gravesites.

I do like how you avoided all my other questions.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Man, you are a very dismal person.

If you say so. I'm actually quite the optimist but there is such a thing called pragmatism.

You're too negative.

And you're disingenuous.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The devaluation of the humans is reaching a new low. Sure, it all sounds fine and good until you really start thinking about it.

All our dead bodies thrown together in a big blender mixed with animal carcasses, entrails and poop to be 'transformed' into fertilizer? Really? That's just perfectly wretched.

Not wretched, brilliant.

You must realize that rapid deforestation is depleting the world of soil, and soil is composed of decomposing flora and fauna, plants and dying organic materials are freaking essential to the existence to life on earth. Why is there little flora in deserts? No soil! watch the circle of life scene from the Lion King as that will sum up why natural decomposition is vital to maintaining an ecosystem.

Things die, and the death of organisms brings life which is why when I die I won't be buried, I want to be thrown into a rainforest, because death gives life. Screw the antiquated idea of burials.

edit on 1-10-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Years from now someone will ask someone else how the zombie apocalypse started. . . . .

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Imagine how much compost we could make out of you? We could feed the world.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Imagine how much compost we could make out of you? We could feed the world.

My death will be epic.

I want to be embalmed and entombed with 100 of my servants and animals so I can have my interns in the afterlife.

I want to take up good land for crops just for pillars etched with my name.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Something like this will cause a massive amount of angry spirit hauntings.

Why?

Because using human remains in such a callous way, is a thing of dishonor. Now you might not see it this way or even care, but the spirits of the dead may care a lot. There have been a lot of reports and stories that testify to things happening when graves are desecrated, and human remains are desecrated. Even reports of organ donors being former serial killers, and the recipient of that former killer's eye began to see visions of the killer's victims.

The point is that some form of energy is attached to people who have died, and when things happen in a way that is offensive to that dead soul, they can come and confront the living with it.

Just stories and something to laugh about? There are plenty of people who swear they have experienced the wrath of the dead because of something or other. Plenty of people will think this is bunk and they don't believe it since it hasn't been officially proven. But angry spirits with a grudge know this isn't true and so they do what they do without regard for those who don't believe it.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I want to be embalmed and entombed with 100 of my servants and animals so I can have my interns in the afterlife.

I guess the good thing is once we're rid of you it means 100 sad German interns will also be going too and God knows how little people like sad Germans, redundant as that is.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Because using human remains in such a callous way, is a thing of dishonor. Now you might not see it this way or even care, but the spirits of the dead may care a lot.

Their volunteering to do this, why would they be all spirit pissy after the fact? That makes zero sense.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Because using human remains in such a callous way, is a thing of dishonor. Now you might not see it this way or even care, but the spirits of the dead may care a lot.

Their volunteering to do this, why would they be all spirit pissy after the fact? That makes zero sense.

Maybe they didn't know what they were getting into, maybe they changed their mind. Maybe their earlier decision to go along with this changed the rules in the spirit world and stopped them from a restful peace in death, And you can expect a few dead bodies tossed into the bunch who didn't sign waivers. Because that always happens.

edit on 1-10-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It happens anyway, sooner or later depending on the type burial you choose. But it happens without regard to whether you like it or not. You and your casket will eventually join the Earth's dirt.

www.calebwilde.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join