It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea and US 'in Direct Contact', says Tillerson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You have to give the enemy one last chance for diplomacy before you attack them.
This could be North Korea's last chance.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: gortex

Obvious now that the anti-Trumpers ill be for an all-out war now since Trump may be trying to avert it.

Trump isn't trying to avert it , the grown ups are.

Just because they are in contact does not mean there is any negotiation going on.

Exactly right. In fact, Rex Tillerson's U.S. State Department issued an update later this evening..

But the State Department issued a statement later in the day saying North Korea doesn't appear ready to talk or negotiate.

"U.S. diplomats have several open channels in which we can communicate with officials within the North Korean regime," State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert said in a statement. "Despite receiving assurances that the United States is not interested in promoting the collapse of the current regime, pursuing regime change, accelerating reunification of the peninsula or mobilizing forces north of the DMZ, North Korean officials have shown no indication that they are interested in or are ready for talks regarding denuclearization."
Source: www.cbsnews.com...

It's looking tonight like the U.S. is one step closer to forcefully defanging Kim Jong, and his nuclear program.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If Mr Kim wasn't forcing the issue I don't believe Mr Trump would have much interest in him he'd be going after what the tail that wags the dog wants him to go after ... Iran.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Obvious now that the anti-Trumpers ill be for an all-out war now since Trump may be trying to avert it.

Trump isn't trying to avert it , the grown ups are.

Because the President has no say right?

The President has a say he just doesn't have a clue , it's best he keeps playing golf and tweeting to his followers while the grown ups do the tough stuff.
He gets to wear the hat while his minions do the work.

That's what you think. I think you are mistaken. Don't underestimate the width and breadth of Trump's new found power.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

If Mr Kim wasn't forcing the issue...

Did you know only dead presidents appear on our money?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I've served UK military and have mates still in, so what if Trump found some way to avoid being drafted if that's whatyou're saying?
It ain't everyone's cup of tea, and I don't have time for the "Thank you for your service" BS either, loads of boys sign up just because they can't do # all else, not for altruistic defence of the nation reasons.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Don't underestimate the width and breadth of Trump's new found power.

I don't , it's Trump's new found power that worries me.

Yes but I think the criteria for appearing on a bank note runs deeper than just being dead.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

But you said Trump plays golf while his minions do the work... If that's the case then why are you worried about Trump?

Please elaborate.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

What I meant was Trump makes the mess and his minions are left to clean it up although I'm not sure there aren't unseen hands steering the agenda given the back tracking and power struggles we've seen since his inauguration.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

What I meant was Trump makes the mess and his minions are left to clean it up although I'm not sure there aren't unseen hands steering the agenda given the back tracking and power struggles we've seen since his inauguration.

Therein lies your problem.

You seem to believe that Trump wasn't chosen.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Won't be any 'talking' . Talking occurs between two equal parties.

The 'Talks' are just cover for Ultimatums, threats and intimidation.

Like the US does all the time with other countries;

First drag their economy in the dirt with sanctions, demonize them in the World Press, surround them militarily with bases and aircraft carriers, then say, Wanna Talk"?

Trump issues threats and ultimata from the safety of his PJs. The State Department negotiates. Unfortunately, whatever Tillerson and his aides may be accomplishing will probably be undermined by Trump's tweets. My gut tells me that Tillerson will be the first cabinet secretary to quit without being forced to by scandal.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Therein lies your problem.
You seem to believe that Trump wasn't chosen.

Don't see how you've come to that conclusion , I believe he was chosen by a misguided public , a foreign power and perhaps others with nefarious intent who remain unseen.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I must have been researching a different narrative to you. If you want to get into it then we can arrange a date?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Little Kim probably got the new iphone 10 on early order and decided to fathom out Twitter, it's not like he could miss Trump on said medium, There is your "direct contact" right there i imagine. LoL

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: intrptr

Won't be any 'talking' . Talking occurs between two equal parties.

The 'Talks' are just cover for Ultimatums, threats and intimidation.

Like the US does all the time with other countries;

First drag their economy in the dirt with sanctions, demonize them in the World Press, surround them militarily with bases and aircraft carriers, then say, Wanna Talk"?

Trump issues threats and ultimata from the safety of his PJs. The State Department negotiates. Unfortunately, whatever Tillerson and his aides may be accomplishing will probably be undermined by Trump's tweets. My gut tells me that Tillerson will be the first cabinet secretary to quit without being forced to by scandal.

Maybe they're playing good-cop bad-cop like roles, ultimately giving Tillerson more leverage in possible negotiations with North Korea?

Nah, they can't be that brilliant, can they?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Donald J. Trump 

✔@realDonaldTrump

I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man...

Donald J. Trump 

✔@realDonaldTrump

...Save your energy Rex, we'll do what has to be done!

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Donald J. Trump 

✔@realDonaldTrump

I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man...

Donald J. Trump 

✔@realDonaldTrump

...Save your energy Rex, we'll do what has to be done!

mobile.twitter.com...

I saw that on Twitter. Trump must have developed what he'd probably call "insult diplomacy." It won't work with Kim and will most likely anger him enough to start WW3.

I always thought a pre-emptive strike,even though it's not the preferred option, would be the best one to control Kim's threats against us and our allies. But if Trump's war of words keep up and if he keep saying stuff like "they won't be around much longer" and 'we'll do what has to be done," Kim will probably think his ONLY option would be a massive first strike.

Somehow I don't think that China will stop Kim. Nope.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I think Trumps problem is that Little Kim simply does not find him attractive.

And it's kind of clear the Man does not deal with rejection in the same way sane people do, hence the nuclear saber rattling.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

That raises questions.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Good approach

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join