It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: opethPA
You mean except for causing mass flooding like the US did in the Vietnam War (Operation Popeye), right?
Then there's the Environmental Modification Convention (called "ENMOD"). It was an international agreement specifically designed to prohibit military environmental modification techniques, and it went into effect in 1978. A PDF with the text can be found in this link (HERE) in the "Note" section.
ETA: Here's a link to the PDF since the link keeps acting weird:
ETA2: Not sure why it won't link directly to the UN's page.
1. It's on the UN Treaty Collection website: treaties.un.org
2. Go to "Depositary" section
3. Click on Section 26 "CHAPTER XXVI"
4. Click on #1 "Convention on the prohibition of military or any other hostile use of environmental modification techniques. New York, 10 December 1976"
5. The PDF I linked above is the link in the "Note" section.
originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Truthbeknowntoall1
Because the hurricane was being managed by incompetent neophytes who were aiming at Cuba.
A place that has been hit by hurricanes before was hit by a hurricane..
I have a theory and it's called weather..