It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHS Secretary Tom Price Resigns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Tom Price resigns as Trump administration health chief after outrage over private jet flights

Price's private travel, added to his use of military jets for overseas trips, has cost taxpayers more than $1 million.

Far higher than some other cabinet members travel costs but I'd imagine most of these people are accustomed to luxurious travel costs as they're the wealthiest cabinet in history.

Some of them did pay Trump to get their positions though:

“My family is the biggest contributor of soft money to the Republican National Committee,” she wrote in the Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call. “I have decided to stop taking offense,” she wrote, “at the suggestion that we are buying influence. Now I simply concede the point. They are right. We do expect something in return. We expect to foster a conservative governing philosophy consisting of limited government and respect for traditional American virtues. We expect a return on our investment."

-Department of Education Secretary, Betsy DeVos

I might add that her husband has also been appointed to a position on the FAA board; Dick DeVos tapped for FAA's top board

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Funny story. I was composing an OP on the same. Hit the post button 30 seconds after you and it only failed to post because I got the duplicate title error. I don't think that's ever happened to me before. Anyway, I thought it was cool but I'm a dork like that.

Here was my take from my aborted OP:

Well that was fast. Though, given the pace of the developments in Tom Price's travel scandal, one probably could have composed a quick OP for this event and had it waiting to fire off when the inevitable occurred.

Time to move on to greener swamps Tom. On the plus side, you can keep your $52k.
edit on 2017-9-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
America has been for sale for decades. It just getting more obvious and more out of hand.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Someone from this administration resigns because of public outrage?

Say it ain't so.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I agree he shouldn't do that. If you travel on the tax payers dime you should do it as cheap as possible.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, the media's strategy of reporting # that happens every administration like it's new finally got a casualty.

Not that I approve of the misusing travel, but where have the press been the last, I dunno, 200 years?
edit on 29 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The pres didn't get to say your fired in public, what's with that. Price wanted to up him?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Funny story. I was composing an OP on the same. Hit the post button 30 seconds after you and it only failed to post because I got the duplicate title error. I don't think that's ever happened to me before. Anyway, I thought it was cool but I'm a dork like that.

Here was my take from my aborted OP:

Well that was fast. Though, given the pace of the developments in Tom Price's travel scandal, one probably could have composed a quick OP for this event and had it waiting to fire off when the inevitable occurred.

Time to move on to greener swamps Tom. On the plus side, you can keep your $52k.

Personally I hope they still make him pay it back.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So who is "she" in your quote?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Why did you jump from Tom Price to Betsy DeVos?

As for Price, he screwed up and is paying the price for it. I wonder if Dr Carson will consider the position this time around?

link   
Do you people really think Hillary or Goerge were any different? I personally recognize our government was appropriated damn near 1814...definitely upon the irs and fed.

link   
Do you people really think Hillary or Goerge were any different? I personally recognize our government was appropriated damn near 1814...definitely upon the irs and fed.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

All these unelected officials that ride the tax payer gravy train, jet, whatever. They are appointed as cronies, of course they want to collect.

Somebody had a crisis of conscience? Or fell out of favor...

edit on 29-9-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I think what really did Tom Price in is that his whole shtick was being a fiscal uber hawk and railing against "reckless spending" and "fiscal irresponsibility."

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The pres didn't get to say your fired in public, what's with that. Price wanted to up him?

knowing Trump, he will still fire him on Twitter then claim Price resigned after he fired him..

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I think what really did Tom Price in is that his whole shtick was being a fiscal uber hawk and railing against "reckless spending" and "fiscal irresponsibility."

ding ding. we have a winner.
the democrats or opposing parties(msm) , would have had a field day with this.
this administration could use less negative lime light. now get rid of devos and keep replacing them with qualified personnel, a la chief of staff Kelly.
edit on 29-9-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well yeah that certainly gives it more impact. I still would love to see somebody go back through, say, the last 5 administrations and see how many other people improperly used taxpayer funds for travel.

You'd probably have to get just about everyone to resign.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Scumbag. We should make the entire lot in Washington ride around on nothing but horse drawn buggy. Humble em back down to Earth a little bit.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

ding ding. we have a winner.
the democrats or opposing parties(msm) , would have had a field day with this.
this administration could use less negative lime light. now get rid of devos and keep replacing them with qualified personnel, a la chief of staff Kelly.

If Trump had brought on good staff from day one he wouldnt have had half the bad press he has received so far. He went overboard on the whole giving favors to political allies.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Price should be made an example of. I'd like to start with all of his travel ... since he's guilty. Just pay it all back (triple damages).

Additionally, he held a position of Trust and Responsibility with the US Government. A value needs to be applied to that position. Let's just say he was responsible for the total budget of HHS. Pro-rate that over the period of months he was in office. Pay it all back (triple damages).

And ... until it's paid back as specified ... let him stay head-downwards in a diagonal hole.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join